Thread: Pegula/Bills/Sabres COVID19 aid/relief efforts (Terry+Kim, Eichel, Josh Allen, Jeff Skinner, Josh Norman, Brandon Beane, etc.)

?

Some good young men we have leading our Sabres/Bills.

Jeff Skinner too:

Jeff Skinner announced on his Instagram that he’s donating $53,000 to the fund started by Terry and Kim Pegula last week.

Skinner said he wanted to help health care workers, as well as FeedMore WNY as the fight against the coronavirus rages on.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-skinner-donating-to-help-those-fighting-covid-19

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Not trying to diminish this. Brees just donated $5M. Pegulas worth over $5 Billion...

Must remember that the owners have tons of employees and expenses related to stadiums and other things, so it isn't an apples to apples comparison. But yeah, you'd think owners would be able to donate more.

Just now, krf139 said:

25k? That’s like me donating 25 bucks 

He's on a rookie deal...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, krf139 said:

So did you donate the $25.00 or donate anything like Allen or do you just throw shade for the purpose of throwing it? You have zero idea what donations Allen makes in WNY including his work for O'shei Childrens Hospital and other charitable organizations. He is also on his rookie contract. Making that judgement is interesting.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Did you donate anything? 

I think it is wonderful they are all contributing.  I’m not going to criticize anyone for the amount.   They aren’t required to do anything.

23 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Not trying to diminish this. Brees just donated $5M. Pegulas worth over $5 Billion...

The Houston Texans donated 100k. I don’t know why good deeds need to be judged. Just let them be good deeds.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I wont ever knock Josh's donation. He's still on a rookie contract, and who knows, may have to make that money last the rest of his life.

But yeah, Brees does embarrass the Pegulas. We should expect more from our Billionaires. Those numbers would make more sense if they were reversed ($5M from Pegs, and $1M from Brees). I like that it says "at least" $1.2M, so maybe it will go up if/when needed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Must remember that the owners have tons of employees and expenses related to stadiums and other things, so it isn't an apples to apples comparison. But yeah, you'd think owners would be able to donate more.

He's on a rookie deal...

He's on a first-round rookie deal....got a $13M signing bonus in 2018, paid $1.4M last year.

That said, I'm not judging...I don't know how he invested or tied up his money, how much he might have loaned or put into his folks farm, etc etc.

We all want to see pro athletes preserve their big bucks and make generational wealth from it, but that means you invest it well, you don't leave it in your bank account where it's easy to draw out.

People can have high net worth but low liquidity

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I wont ever knock Josh's donation. He's still on a rookie contract, and who knows, may have to make that money last the rest of his life.

But yeah, Brees does embarrass the Pegulas. We should expect more from our Billionaires. Those numbers would make more sense if they were reversed ($5M from Pegs, and $1M from Brees). I like that it says "at least" $1.2M, so maybe it will go up if/when needed.

What have the other nfl owners done? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What have the other nfl owners done? 

Fair question and good point. Pretty much every owner/ownership group should be putting up $5M in local relief. Except maybe Green Bay.

Keep in mind, this is basically a PR move for the Pegulas after all the bad PR from the story you posted yourself.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's on a first-round rookie deal....got a $13M signing bonus in 2018, paid $1.4M last year.

That said, I'm not judging...I don't know how he invested or tied up his money, how much he might have loaned or put into his folks farm, etc etc.

We all want to see pro athletes preserve their big bucks and make generational wealth from it, but that means you invest it well, you don't leave it in your bank account where it's easy to draw out.

People can have high net worth but low liquidity

He's also early in his career so he has a lot more to risk than Drew Brees (not to take away from his very generous donation at all), who has earned over $200 million over his career, not to mention his businesses, investments, endorsements, etc. Allen could take a catastrophic injury and never play again and never get another contract.

I, personally, have not donated anything yet. So I am certainly not one to judge a player or owner for the amounts they donate.