There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not at this point. Wells Fargo is still trying to figure out the extent they want to get involved. I'm looking into other banks as I type this, but I'm just a little concerned with having duplicate loan apps out as I'm hearing that can screw things up.

...FYI...SBA changed the regs AGAIN late yesterday and banks were notified last night (they're going crazy)............Initial regs said wages AND benefits were capped at $100,000 per employee.....latest revision says wages only are capped at $100,000 and then add in benefits.......it's huge for us as a Union contractor with significant pay rates and benefits packages......

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Paycheck-Protection-Program-Frequenty-Asked-Questions.pdf

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Shoshin -- it's not an exagerration. 

We are at constant war with our government. Constant. They've been chipping away at our rights and civil liberties for your whole life. They scored major wins in 2001-2003, then again in 2013 when the mass surveillance state was exposed and the country shrugged. This war isn't fought with violence, but with our votes and actions as citizens. It's our responsibility to hold those who govern us accountable, and what you're suggesting is abdicating that entirely in exchange for the government protecting you. 

The reality is, tracking won't keep you safe. 

It puts you in greater danger. 

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...FYI...SBA changed the regs AGAIN late yesterday and banks were notified last night (they're going crazy)............Initial regs said wages AND benefits were capped at $100,000 per employee.....latest revision says wages only are capped at $100,000 and then add in benefits.......it's huge for us as a Union contractor with significant pay rates and benefits packages......for example, I have a foreman that works tons of OT......wages were $177,000 and Union benefits that I pay are $48,000 or a total of $225,000 but capped at $100,000....now his WAGES are capped at $100,000 and then I add in $48,000 in benefits....so my basis for ONE employee in loan calculation increased by $48,000.....I have 200 Union employees now to reexamine........

https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/Paycheck-Protection-Program-Frequenty-Asked-Questions.pdf

All of this should have somehow been weighted per State.  A specific fixed income amount is not the same in Mississippi as it would be in California, or New York.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

All of this should have somehow been weighted per State.  A specific fixed income amount is not the same in Mississippi as it would be in California, or New York.

EXCELLENT POINT.......please PLEASE do NOT give the SBA any more ideas.......there are substantial base wage differentials in my Union contracts for NY, PA and NJ.......

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Even within states, and I know this is more individual than business side, but 1200 in Blacksburg, VA is 2.5 months rent. 1200 in Arlington, VA is 0.6 months rent

(Bloomberg) -- Just hours after a labor union reported what may be the first poultry-worker deaths associated with the coronavirus in the U.S., Vice President Mike Pence urged American food workers to continue to “show up and do your job.”

“You are vital,” he said during a press conference late Tuesday. “You are giving a great service to the people of the United States of America and we need you to continue, as a part of what we call critical infrastructure, to show up and do your job.” In return, Pence said, the government will “work tirelessly” to ensure their workplaces are safe.

Pence’s remarks came just hours after the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union that represents thousands of poultry-processing workers across the southern U.S. reported that two members at a Tyson Foods Inc. facility in Camilla, Georgia, had died from the virus. It was unclear whether they were infected while at work.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pence-tells-u-food-workers-003303338.html

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The next wave will be far less -- because herd immunity. 

(and better data and therapeutics... soon vaccines)

All the distancing policies accomplish is delay of the acquisition of herd immunity, setting us up for another wave in the fall.

On 3/24/2020 at 12:41 PM, Tiberius said:

Cuomo was discussing a study about how testing can determine people who had the virus and are now safe and that they should be the first ones going back. A sort of rolling response to get the country going again. 

The MLB was discussing playing only if they could get every player tested and cleared by mid-May. 

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...thought I read, "one look and they refused"......can you verify?........

The Olean Times Herald reports that the patient was told to pull his pants up and the temperature was to be done via the head scan method.  The disappointment by the patient was said to be obvious.  

36 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Word is from the Cattaraugus County Health Dept that you were the only guy during this crisis to drop his pants when told your temperature was to be taken.

0-11 I live 2100 miles away from there and my shopping cart wouldn’t make it! 

Edited by Q-baby!

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Word is from the Cattaraugus County Health Dept that you were the only guy during this crisis to drop his pants when told your temperature was to be taken.

he misunderstood you see... he thought he was going to be the one taking the temperature.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

All the distancing policies accomplish is delay of the acquisition of herd immunity, setting us up for another wave in the fall.

and hopefully we will be better prepared  for  the 2nd wave.