Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

On 3/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, BillsFan17 said:

Hes not Trent Richardson level bust, but hes close.

He's coming off an 1100 yard season?

I don't really get the hate. I like Edwards-Helaire better, but there's certainly no guarantee that you're going to find a RB in the 4th-7th that's going to rush for 1,000 twice in his first three seasons...

Edit - 1100 yards rushing, and it was actually 1152. Guy put up 1674 total yards last year! What a bum.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What’s good, gents? What’s good?

Looking over this thread, YE OLE has been asking himself “what sort of picks do we need to ship to Jax and what sort of cabbage must we pay this Fournette fellow?”

It seems like the sum of picks + cabbage may be excessive for a fellow who has been decent but far from all pro level at a highly replaceable position. Gents, something appears to be unsavory in the woodshed here vis-à-vis this trade speculation.

21 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Fournette is better than any free agent RB imo. I don't really get the hate. I like Edwards-Helaire better, but there's certainly no guarantee that you're going to find a RB in the 4th-7th that's going to rush for 1,000 twice in his first three seasons...

Edit - 1100 yards rushing, and it was actually 1152. Guy put up 1674 total yards last year! What a bum.

He also had 76 receptions last year. Really good receiver out of the backfield 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Or it could be that no one wants to play there. That franchise is a dumpster fire. They have already lost Ramsey, Bouye and Calais Campbell. They could lose Ngakoue. They are in a rebuild situation with a coach one year away from being fired. I wouldn't necessarily call him a disappointment. He ran for over 1000 yards his rookie year and over 1100 yards last year with 76 receptions so he's reliable out of the backfield. Sounds like a good option to me

Youre right. Let’s offer a 2nd. 

More, perhaps?

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

They still haven't picked up his 5th year option yet. It could be a 2 year deal. If it comes draft day and the top 3 guys in my mind are off the board which are Swift, Taylor and Simmons then I might be all for giving a 3rd or 4th. Beane is gonna go best player available. There is no guarantee we get AJ Dillon or anyone else in the 3rd or after

They’re not gonna pick up his 5th year just to trade him that would make no sense lol. I think they wanna get rid of him quickly as possible. He’s been sort of a draft disappointment in some ways

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

I don't really get the hate. I like Edwards-Helaire better, but there's certainly no guarantee that you're going to find a RB in the 4th-7th that's going to rush for 1,000 twice in his first three seasons...

He’s been injury prone most of his career and hasn’t until last year played a full season. He’s definitely not a draft bust but more of a draft disappointment. Even Some Jacksonville fans feel the same way. And the year before last he was beyond horrible. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He’s been injury prone most of his career and hasn’t until last year played a full season. He’s definitely not a draft bust but more of a draft disappointment. Even Some Jacksonville fans feel the same way. And the year before last he was beyond horrible. 

I get it to an extent and can understand the "draft disappointment" label but he's definitely not anywhere near Trent Richardson. He's still got a future in the league. And he's coming off his best season, 2018 could have been the outlier. It would be a different story completely if he put up those numbers last year, but he put it all together a bit last year and is still only 25. I'd take a shot on him.

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They’re not gonna pick up his 5th year just to trade him that would make no sense lol. I think they wanna get rid of him quickly as possible. He’s been sort of a draft disappointment in some ways

What I was saying was that WE can pick up his 5th year option, not them. So, we would have him for 2 years. Secondly, no he hasn't been a draft disappointment. He has ran over 1000 yards in 2 of his 3 years in the league. He missed most of his 2nd year with an injury. And last year he had 1152 yards rushing and 76 catches out of the backfield for another 522 yards. He had over 1600 combined yards. You're way off on this

No.

Fournette's fifth year option would be for $10,189,000 in 2021 according to OverTheCap.com. That's nutty money, particularly when you've already got a cheap talented #1 RB.

He was damn good last year, so my guess is Jax doesn't let him go cheap. They're not going to get a 1st for him, IMO, but it also isn't likely to be a 5th and a 6th or something along those lines.

No, thanks.

EDIT: Joe B. has a good point about maybe getting a comp pick back for him after this year. Hadn't considered the possibility of just keeping him for one year. That would make it a bit more likely but I just don't see it myself. Still think Jax isn't going to let him go at a price that would make it a reasonable move for us.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, DFT said:

Interesting, because he’s probably not going to be the guy there.  I just don’t know if it’s worth adding him for what the Jags would want in return (can’t see less than a 3rd).  There’s the “process guy”, question as well and his checkered history in Buffalo.  I think there is a better chance that the Bills draft their bigger back, then trade.  There’s a few FA’s out there still, too.  2nd round BPA could have quite a few RB options (though I think they’ll go secondary or WR still).  

is there?

8 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I remember the first Bills training camp I went to, these guys are so big and fit it’s scary to think of one of them being pissed off at you, ?

What did you get for that picture?  A  wax pack of Topps 2020 NFL trading cards?

With quality running back available in the middle rounds of most draft years, why use multiple draft assets on an existing running back.  Especially if it is for one year.  I don't think we need a "top running back" in this draft.  We need a quality back that can play as a backup and push Singletary.

Sorry, I don't buy in to spending a lot on running backs.  What did McCoy give us after investing heavily in him financially?

6 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

With quality running back available in the middle rounds of most draft years, why use multiple draft assets on an existing running back.  Especially if it is for one year.  I don't think we need a "top running back" in this draft.  We need a quality back that can play as a backup and push Singletary.

Sorry, I don't buy in to spending a lot on running backs.  What did McCoy give us after investing heavily in him financially?

You won't have to spend a lot on him. RBs are easiest position to find but there is still a high bust rate.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1