Would anyone look at maybe calling the Jaguars about Fournette?

37 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I don't see him as a fit at all. He's used to getting a crazy amount of touches which he will not be getting here. I don't think he'd be a happy camper and it would just cause issues.

Totally agree!  He's essentially a 1 year rental as he'll want money the year after that, which we won't be interested in paying him.  So he'll be unhappy unless he goes to team that will showcase him to set up for next contract, which we won't do given Singletary.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do like the tease though...

I clicked on the thread thinking, “What’s the trade is that he’d like to see happen.”

It's why I keep clicking on those damned Peter Pan links.

In reality, I would not hate a 6th rounder for Tevin Coleman. If only because I once described him as 'Kevin with a T'.

• Haha (+1) 1

Very interesting piece here. Beane would have been heavily involved in the scouting of Fournette and it appeared they really liked him 

The Panthers continued with their homework on Fournette. Assistant GM Brandon Beane, now the Bills’ general manager, and running backs coach Jim Skipper were in Baton Rouge for LSU’s pro day, where Fournette weighed in 12 pounds lighter than at the combine — but still a load at 228.

Darlington: At that time, Cam was getting the dog crap beat out of him. He was running the ball a lot. And even if he wasn’t sacked, he was still on the ground a lot. With a presence like a Fournette back there, where you have a legitimate downhill, ground-and-pound type of approach, I think always helps.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Say no to Fournette.

The Bills are on the verge of executing the great plan of young, hungry, talented, attentive RB room.  This allows an allocation of resources to other areas - smart move because good RBs can (and usually are) younger.

The Bills have the opportunity to use their 4th round (plus change) to get another quality RB - kind of Singletaryish.  Do it.  They made a great pick last year, it's reasonable to think they might be good at it.  Try it again.  If successful they have a cheap, young, talented core that could be together (for continuity) for the next 3+ years.

Don't fall for the Fournette bait.  No prima donnas.  No 2021 signing drama needed.  The Bills are so close to executing the young RB strategy, don't blow it now.  If unsuccessful in the draft strategy (their targets get sniped) then pay the piper and get a Hyde or Freeman and try again next year.