We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not sure who that is but I think I'll call him Chad...or Jeff.

He had them negotiating with  Quinton Jefferson Last night 30 min before it was announced. He was also talking to 49ers

Also, he’s been on the Bills/Gordon thing for a few days

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DJB said:

Pass. 

The guy has almost 2000 carries if you include College. He isnt Gore.

Let someone else overpay for him

He should be able to handle 150 or so touches at peak ability.

But who knows.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

we have $40M left this year and $98M next year, plenty of money

Only 4 million more needed for rookies due to the Diggs trade. The money is there if they need it. I would peg Gordon for a 3 year 24 million dollar deal, 12 guaranteed. Take it or leave it.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

He should be able to handle 150 or so touches at peak ability.

But who knows.

I'd do a one year deal but nothing longer. Paying older RB long term at a high price isnt a smart decision 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

OK....but this doesnt seem to be Beane's MO.   He manages cap.

Two days ago did it seem to be Beane's MO to trade a 1st rounder and 3 more picks for a veteran WR who missed practice and showed up his QB this year? Countless people here said Beane won't do that, he'll stick to the process, he'll build through the draft.

Reality is Beane is aware enough to know that the time for the Bills to go for it is now.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DJB said:

I'd do a one year deal but nothing longer. Paying older RB long term at a high price isnt a smart decision 

Don't disagree.

But remember, the Bills overplayed for McCoy to be the bell cow and Gordon will be paid to be part of a tandem.

Just now, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Two days ago did it seem to be Beane's MO to trade a 1st rounder and 3 more picks for a veteran WR who missed practice and showed up his QB this year? Countless people here said Beane won't do that, he'll stick to the process, he'll build through the draft.

Reality is Beane is aware enough to know that the time for the Bills to go for it is now.

It did actually......we were looking at Antonio Brown last year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Don't disagree.

But remember, the Bills overplayed for McCoy to be the bell cow and Gordon will be paid to be part of a tandem.

True but that was old regime. 

I am interested to see where Gordon goes (mostly for fantasy football reasons lol)

Another problem with signing of Gordon......carries

We are really gonna want to take Devin S. off the field for the amount of carries that it is going to take to make Melvin Gordon happy

and

Do we even want to do that?  Devin is special.....we want him ON the field

Sure...its nice to have two star running backs but that can also affect a locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

Devin Singletary is electric.  An absolute weapon, but he isn’t a workhorse in a league that doesn’t have many workhorses at that position.  

A guy like Gordon rotating in with Singletary gives us a running/receiving threat at all times out of the backfield.  With Diggs and Brown on the outside, Beasley and Knox underneath, and then a RB potentially flexing out... that’s a lot to process for the opposing defense. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Given the previous tweets floating out there, RBBC sounds alot like the Bills!  ?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Devin Singletary is electric.  An absolute weapon, but he isn’t a workhorse in a league that doesn’t have many workhorses at that position.  

A guy like Gordon rotating in with Singletary gives us a running/receiving threat at all times out of the backfield.  With Diggs and Brown on the outside, Beasley and Knox underneath, and then a RB potentially flexing out... that’s a lot to process for the opposing defense. 

Don't forget how teams were having to spy JA too. This would be pretty exciting imho!

38 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

i don’t even know how you can misspell Gordon. 

If there was still such a thing as a phone book, this guy would struggle mightily with the one in Buffalo! 

• Like (+1) 1