We are looking at Melvin Gordon according to this tweet

12 hours ago, White Linen said:

It's a business and he made a decision to try and leverage himself.  Everything I've ever read is he's the opposite of a problem team mate. 

RBs really only get 2 deals, 3 if they're lucky.  He's been in the league 5 years and made 15 million dollars.  He's not getting top 5 money.  3 of the top 5 are absolutely regrettable contracts in Gurley, Bell, and David Johnson.  Ekelers contract would seem to be appropriate.  4 year deal with an out after 2 and the base salaries are do-able. 

21 minutes ago, dneveu said:

RBs really only get 2 deals, 3 if they're lucky.  He's been in the league 5 years and made 15 million dollars.  He's not getting top 5 money.  3 of the top 5 are absolutely regrettable contracts in Gurley, Bell, and David Johnson.  Ekelers contract would seem to be appropriate.  4 year deal with an out after 2 and the base salaries are do-able. 

This makes him a diva?

16 hours ago, Mango said:

If the Bills get Gordon and Diggs this off-season, we should definitely expect more than 190 passing yards and 19 points per game.

I think with the personnel on offense we should be expecting about 25 points p/g (10-12ish) and 235 passing yards per game (20th). 

Even that seems extremely conservative.  That’s easily a top 10 cast of skill position players.  3,760 yards passing would put him below what Mayfield did this year.

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

Even that seems extremely conservative.  That’s easily a top 10 cast of skill position players.  3,760 yards passing would put him below what Mayfield did this year.

I agree it is conservative. But it does leave the option for us to be built on the run rather than the pass while also pushing into or just outside of top 10 for scoring. Also Josh has shown to be a bit of a raw (inconsistent?) passer, so I was leaving some room for growth there as well. 235-ish yards per game passing is the Cousins, Fitz, Jimmy G. range of production. 

I also stayed away from trigger points like completion percentage and 300 yard games. haha

13 hours ago, Estro said:

I actually want no part of Gordon.  I watched a few if his games last season and he was bad.  Went down easy, fumbled and looked slow.  Ekeler was so much better, it was almost comical that they split duties when Gordon came back.

I dont think Tyrod is a good QB, but I do think Ekeler has a chance to be a top 2 fantasy RB

He fumbled a lot his rookie season.  Since then he averages 2 fumbles a season over the past four years.  During that span, he has played 53 games and averages 100 yards of offense per game and scored 47 TDs.  

He’s a remarkably consistent player who can run, catch, and block.  A team in win now mode needs that.

• Like (+1) 1

He is a no for me as well. I'm here in San Diego and have watched the majority of his games. I don't feel like he's worth the compensation. Sure he will help the team but he has too many negatives for me. He is not a leader, turnover friendly, plays soft, and often disappears in games. Just my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

He is a no for me as well. I'm here in San Diego and have watched the majority of his games. I don't feel like he's worth the compensation. Sure he will help the team but he has too many negatives for me. He is not a leader, turnover friendly, plays soft, and often disappears in games. Just my 2 cents.

I would take Clyde Edwards-Helaire over Gordon all day.  Much cheaper and better process fitting than Gordon

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

He’s turned the ball over 3 times in the last 3 years out of 771 touches. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would take Clyde Edwards-Helaire over Gordon all day.  Much cheaper and better process fitting than Gordon

I don’t think a 2nd rd pick is “cheaper” than an 6-8mill a year salary.  Sure, the salary is cheaper but that pick is our everything in this draft.  Our 2nd rd pick is currently our best resource.   A 4 year 1-2mill a year contract is gold.  

I love Clyde and while he’s not exactly what I’d like to compliment Singletary, I’d be happy to have him.  That being said, I think the quality of player we can get from signing Gordon and drafting another position is better than if we drafted Helaire and signed an 6-8mill a year player at another position.  All depends how the draft shakes out I suppose.  

Really eager to see which RB we choose to compliment Motor.  Sure hope he’s got some explosiveness 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let's be fair here. Almost none of the Bills moves have been leaked at all before they were executed. Not even any of the people closest in the know, had any knowledge before hand.

This twitter account in the OP has not broke anything Bills related.

If there something more concrete linking us to Gordon, I'll be inclined to believe it.

Edited by BillsFan17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Let's be fair here. Almost none of the Bills moves have been leaked at all before they were executed. Not any of the people closest in the know, didnt have a majority of these moves.

This twitter account in the OP has not broke anything Bills related.

If there something more concrete linking us to Gordon, I'll be inclined to believe it.

This!  Not even agents are leaking Bills interest.  You don’t know when Beane will strike.  You’ll neither hear, see nor expect it.  He’s the Spanish Inquisition!

• Like (+1) 1

Why is everyone on this board so against having a competent backfield?  Singletary is a nice piece, but he’s got some huge flaws.  He doesn’t have the size to be an every down back, he fumbled 4 times on only 180 touches, and he doesn’t have the speed to house it when he gets a crease.  

Yards per carry is an over-valued stat, especially for a guy getting only 150 carries on the season.  Yards between the 20 yard lines are cheap in today’s NFL.  A RB who isn’t a true workhorse needs to be able to score.  If the line can get a back to the secondary, 20 yards of field position isn’t enough, especially when you don’t have a back who can pound it in during goal line situations.  Singletary isn’t that guy.  Hell, Gore hasn’t been that guy for years for that matter.  The result is that the team had to rely on Allen and his legs to rush for scores, and that’s not a long term recipe for success.  

Gordon can change the scoreboard.  That’s far more important than a couple of tenths of a yard per carry.  Two yard TD runs don’t help your average, but they win games and keep QBs from taking hits.  I can 100% guarantee you that you’re not going to have a team play in the Super Bowl that only has 4 rushing TDs from RBs all season long.  A guy like Gordon will help both Allen and Singletary play to their strengths.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 7

Per profootballtalk.com Gordon's offers are well below 10mil he was offered last yr from chargers.  I think we can scoop him up for 6 to 7mil with incentives.  We can still draft an rb in the draft.  That says win now mode to me. Diggs, brown, beas, Singletary, gordon, knox with our defense it's a no brainer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sign Gordon 2 yrs $13 mil. Draft Taylor at 54. Done.

27 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Per profootballtalk.com Gordon's offers are well below 10mil he was offered last yr from chargers.  I think we can scoop him up for 6 to 7mil with incentives.  We can still draft an rb in the draft.  That says win now mode to me. Diggs, brown, beas, Singletary, gordon, knox with our defense it's a no brainer.

This is my take as well

• Like (+1) 1