Foles to CHI

WMDman

32 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont understand the love teams have for Foles. 

Does he put some sort of voodoo on front offices? 

The guy is the definition of an average player. 

Heck even Trubisky is laughing at this one 

He is the next generation Fitz !

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t get the rush to dump him with all that dead salary?  I don’t know how you can be all in on Minshew.  I would have just let him play out his second year.  

Unless they are going to go after a rookie 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

People definitely thought he was heading towards being one of the better franchise QBs after his 2018 season. Lots of people here even referenced his growth and development when talking about Allen’s improvement. 

Do me a favor and compare the 2018 Bears and the 2019 Bills and their QBs. There are some striking similarities.

4 minutes ago, purple haze said:

This is my thought as well.  Miami, possibly Washington.

I don't think Miami is going to make a move for a starting QB. They will keep Fitz for that and draft someone high who will have to beat out Fitz during training camp to start. I think Cam will struggle to find a team now that will take him as a starter, he will probably be stuck as a FA for a bit and end up signing as a backup in Washington or here in Buffalo due to the 'Carolina connection' for a one year deal. Like usually the Pats will take their time and probably make a trade for Dalton when the Bengals decide to dump him for a reasonable price. The Chargers could go after Cam if they don't get a QB they want in the draft.

Who else is looking for a starter that isn't in a position to get one early in the draft?

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think Miami is going to make a move for a starting QB. They will keep Fitz for that and draft someone high who will have to beat out Fitz during training camp to start. I think Cam will struggle to find a team now that will take him as a starter, he will probably be stuck as a FA for a bit and end up signing as a backup in Washington or here in Buffalo due to the 'Carolina connection' for a one year deal. Like usually the Pats will take their time and probably make a trade for Dalton when the Bengals decide to dump him for a reasonable price. The Chargers could go after Cam if they don't get a QB they want in the draft.

Who else is looking for a starter that isn't in a position to get one early in the draft?

That's all possible but I don't think Cam is a backup if healthy. He's better than Fitz, Tyrod, Dwayne Haskins, Trubisky, Foles and others.  His health outlook might keep him from getting placed though.

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

That's all possible but I don't think Cam is a backup if healthy. He's better than Fitz, Tyrod, Dwayne Haskins, Trubisky, Foles and others.  His health outlook might keep him from getting placed though.

Haskins was drafted to be the future in Washington. Fitz and Tyrod are placeholders this season until the guys the Dolphins and Chargers draft are ready to start. Foles was just traded to compete with Trubisky for the Bears starting job. He may still be better then them at this point in his career, but those 3 teams aren't looking for someone to come in and start for them now. Cams only choice right now might be to take a job as a backup somewhere for the season and wait til someone gets hurt in TC or early in the year unless he would rather sit at home until an opportunity pops up. 

I honestly think Foles could end up looking more Philly-esque in Chicago. Nagy and Pederson are both from the Andy Reid coaching tree so I'm sure they communicate with one another. Look for Chicago to have a similar system in place as Philly had to see if Foles can rekindle any of that magic. My money would be on the under of 4 starts for Trubisky this year. 

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

All the quarterbacks available and a team with legit championship aspirations two seasons ago signs mister one shot wonder?  They must be praying that Trubinskpick somehow finds his way in year three. 

Really? You went with Trubinskpick over Trupicksky? Trubinskpick isn’t even close...

???

2 hours ago, DJB said:

I dont understand the love teams have for Foles. 

Does he put some sort of voodoo on front offices? 

The guy is the definition of an average player. 

Heck even Trubisky is laughing at this one 

giphy.gif

They can't take their eyes off his pants bulge and just get mesmerized...:wub: