Anyone else made a Diggs nameplate for their Watkins jersey?

Hebert19

Guys, please, this is my last plea. Do not do the jersey nameplate exchange!! The instant you put that on you’re being judged by everyone around you. If you can’t afford a new jersey don’t be a jersey guy. If you are want to be a jersey guy on a budget buy a legend’s jersey. You can always wear a Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Bruce, etc... That way you still only invest once. 

The nameplate changeover and knockoff jerseys are not just embarrassing for you, they are embarrassing for our entire fan base (but mostly the person wearing it). Also, while we are here no number 69 jerseys like “YOURMOM” or “EVERYDAY.” There are children at these games. Lastly, no jerseys with your name on it either. You don’t play on the team and you never did. I don’t make the rules.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, FluffHead said:

Let us know if it’s worth it 

Circling back around, jersey took a while to come back which was expected, name plate isn't the same blue as the jersey, if it was it would look real, all depends wether you think its worth 30$ or not. Id recommend doing it on a white jersey

On 3/18/2020 at 7:18 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Guys, please, this is my last plea. Do not do the jersey nameplate exchange!! The instant you put that on you’re being judged by everyone around you. If you can’t afford a new jersey don’t be a jersey guy. If you are want to be a jersey guy on a budget buy a legend’s jersey. You can always wear a Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Bruce, etc... That way you still only invest once. 

The nameplate changeover and knockoff jerseys are not just embarrassing for you, they are embarrassing for our entire fan base (but mostly the person wearing it). Also, while we are here no number 69 jerseys like “YOURMOM” or “EVERYDAY.” There are children at these games. Lastly, no jerseys with your name on it either. You don’t play on the team and you never did. I don’t make the rules.

This needs to be repeated. Knockoffs and duct tape/changed nameplates are the worst. The colors are never right, The letters are usually off and the nameplate is thicker than it should be/wrong material.

I used to collect jerseys and can spot pretty much anything that’s not right. The amount of knockoffs at the stadium on game day with Patriot* numbers/letters is sad. 

Sorrentino’s Sports on Sheridan in Tonawanda, they do great work and it’ll match.

And to all the Jersey Judge Judys, what do you care? You don’t have to wear it. More power to youse up-cyclers! Keep duct taping, I think it’s hilarious, in a good way!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Sorrentino’s Sports on Sheridan in Tonawanda, they do great work and it’ll match.

And to all the Jersey Judge Judys, what do you care? You don’t have to wear it. More power to youse up-cyclers! Keep duct taping, I think it’s hilarious, in a good way!

Id say they most likely use child labor for knockoffs but same can probably be said for the Nike jerseys. 

I don’t like them because they screwed up collecting jerseys. Lost a lot of money buying jerseys listed as authentic or game worn with fake certificates of authenticity. Some are very close with small details that are off or the fabric looks right but once you get it in your hands it’s obviously wrong.

Some collectible stores have “signed authentic jerseys” framed for $500+ but they’re China knockoffs that they think are authentic. Most casual fans don’t know all the little details to look for so if they bought that looking to sell it at a later date they would be screwed. 

Everyone says they’re authentic when they’re not, then act like they’re a baller that spent $300 but it was really $25. It’s like the knockoff shoes that were big like 10 or so years ago or fake jewelry. They’re just a way to scam people into believing you’re a baller. 

Then there’s the people with patriots letters and numbers on their “bills jersey” or the crazy colors trying to say it’s authentic.

• Like (+1) 1

@Not at the table Karlos

Don’t get me wrong, I have a decent jersey collection myself, but mostly hockey as they have more “character” imo than football jerseys. And I am definitely on point when it comes to the details. Love adding proper patches for the time period as well (ie ‘NHL 75’ on my ‘93 Andreychuk sweater), and the lettering/numbering is always correct. 

Personally, I’d never buy a knockoff, and yeah there’s definitely some trainwreck looking junk out there. But for $30 I understand why people buy them and don’t have to worry about the inevitable tailgate/gameday spills and stains. 

Funniest example I can think of though, buddy bought a knockoff in the lot one gameday morning, was all stoked about how “real” it looked until I pointed out that the Bison on the “Bills 50” patch was actually the Red Bull logo. Ha!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

@Not at the table Karlos

Don’t get me wrong, I have a decent jersey collection myself, but mostly hockey as they have more “character” imo than football jerseys. And I am definitely on point when it comes to the details. Love adding proper patches for the time period as well (ie ‘NHL 75’ on my ‘93 Andreychuk sweater), and the lettering/numbering is always correct. 

Personally, I’d never buy a knockoff, and yeah there’s definitely some trainwreck looking junk out there. But for $30 I understand why people buy them and don’t have to worry about the inevitable tailgate/gameday spills and stains. 

Funniest example I can think of though, buddy bought a knockoff in the lot one gameday morning, was all stoked about how “real” it looked until I pointed out that the Bison on the “Bills 50” patch was actually the Red Bull logo. Ha!

Lmao that’s great. My friend got an Adrian Peterson Vikings knockoff and the Vikings logo on the back was the Cleveland Indians logo. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/18/2020 at 5:18 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Lighten up. I guarantee most fans don't care and don't notice. You Jersey snobs are the rarer ones.

On 3/18/2020 at 7:18 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

You bring a lot of good info to the board, but I think this may be your best post yet. All too true.

We're grown ass men wearing jersies. Do it right, get the authentics.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I actually prefer the duct tape to the switch. That says, “I’m being ironic.” The nameplate switch says, “I’m trying to deceive you into thinking this is a Diggs Jersey. It really is a Watkins Jersey and a $17.95 investment in changing the name.” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You bring a lot of good info to the board, but I think this may be your best post yet. All too true.

We're grown ass men wearing jersies. Do it right, get the authentics.

I do have one exception and it’s a guy that I encountered last year in Cleveland at the game. 

6C27193F-212E-47C6-BDAB-A3223C114962.thumb.jpeg.c5f464f22e14c99096b408b57854321d.jpeg

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4