Devonta Freeman RELEASED

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but I prefer Howard.  More reliable and better compliment as a chain mover to Singletary.  

This is where I am at as well. I think Freeman was a product of the offensive scheme as you see with all of the RB's in SF right now. Would much rather have Howard. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is where I am at as well. I think Freeman was a product of the offensive scheme as you see with all of the RB's in SF right now. Would much rather have Howard. 

Agreed.  Freeman is a better “name” than player lately.  Like I said in the Howard thread...Jordan might be the most disrespected player in the NFL.  He is a lot better than he gets credit for.  He may not be flashy, but he moves the chains.  And chain moving is what wins games.  So give me a reliable guy who can compliment Devin and help us keep the chains moving.  Help us avoid 3rd and 8 or longer so often.  

• Like (+1) 2

Would prefer Freeman over Howard due to him being able to catch the ball coming out of the backfield but neither one is necessarily my top choice. Howard's a pretty good runner but that's it; he'd make our offense more predictable.

Edited by DCOrange

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed.  Freeman is a better “name” than player lately.  Like I said in the Howard thread...Jordan might be the most disrespected player in the NFL.  He is a lot better than he gets credit for.  He may not be flashy, but he moves the chains.  And chain moving is what wins games.  So give me a reliable guy who can compliment Devin and help us keep the chains moving.  Help us avoid 3rd and 8 or longer so often.  

I just don’t see how he compliments him.  Singletary is good at moving the chains.  I feel that he is very good in all the areas that Howard excels, minus fumbling.  He’s a poor mans jonathan Stewart, while Singletary is de’angelo....minus the speed.  We lack speed in the backfield.  We need some

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The “availability” thing might come into play here with McBeane. Seems often injured. 

Big risk with Freeman. Freeman was not  the same without Coleman. He would be a nice compliment to Singletary.  I always trust Beane. I am sure if Beane did sign a back like Freeman it would be with a deal he could get out of with minimal negative impact.

• Like (+1) 1