My approach to the offseason if I was in Beane’ shoes

Here is what I would do for my offseason:

WR

I really like the idea of Breshad Perriman here.  He had a great season last year and might still be a fair price guy just based on him not having been great the first 3 years of his career.  He brings the skill set we are missing at the WR position

RB

I read a lot of people wanting a guy with breakaway speed and that can get us those home run wins.  I think and hope that guy might already be on the team.  Christian Wade?  I think we need a bruiser that can get those 3rd and 1 (although Josh has done great there) and also help close games when we are ahead with a true power game.  I think Jordan Howard can be a good option here or draft a guy on day 3

OLIne

I would go after Bulaga.  He can be the perfect guy a RT for the next 2 to 3 years while we develop a rookie.  Keep Nsekhe as our swing tackle.  Move Ford to guard.  Draft depth at guard on day 2 or 3 where value makes sense.

Try to sign Dawkins to an extension.  

DLine

Sign Robert Quinn to a 2 year contract.  Try to resign Shaq if the value is right.  If you can sign both, cut Murphy.  I think Shaq and Quinn in a rotation would make for a notable improvement over last year.

LB

Sign Kyle Van Noy to replace Lorenzo.  I think he brings more improvement to our pass rush.  Sign Milano to an extension.

DBs

I would like to see us re sign Kevin Johnson or someone they perceive as an improvement over him.  

Draft approach

I think the above free agency really fills our most pressing needs.  In round 1 take the BPA at either DE, DB, OT or WR in this order of priority.  Round 2 and 3 approach it the same way but pick at least one WR

Edited by offyourocker

Topic titles must reflect the content of the topic (and it must contain more than just a name). This helps to reduce the number of duplicate topics and makes the community much more user friendly.

Please edit the title so that it properly reflects the discussion that you started.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

No

Unless they plan on franchising him, or he agrees to take a below market deal, he'll likely go where he gets the biggest payday.  Meaning he'll in all likelihood be gone.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

Here is what I would do for my offseason:

WR

I really like the idea of Breshad Perriman here.  He had a great season last year and might still be a fair price guy just based on him not having been great the first 3 years of his career.  He brings the skill set we are missing at the WR position

Why would Beane who could have had Perriman for basically free and passed, now decide he wants him AND he has to back up the Brinks truck?

It makes zero sense

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

Why would Beane who could have had Perriman for basically free and passed, now decide he wants him AND he has to back up the Brinks truck?

It makes zero sense

I doubt he'll command much money.  And if he does, pass.

9 hours ago, DJB said:

It makes zero sense

So you know for a fact that Beane did not have any him? Is it possible he chose another team like Brown did two years ago?  Why did Beane bring him in for a workout?

• Thank you (+1) 1