Gore not expected back

BmarvB

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

I loved what he brought, but more so in the form of mentorship. I loved from day one, walking thru the halls of OBD with the helmet on lol.

Good luck moving forward.

Looks like you'll be on your own now. 

But from now on whenever a rookie comes into the league, I will ask myself " Who will watch over this child? How will he ever succeed without a heroic mentor?"

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Im thinking the Bills saw this because he became less used down the stretch but more leaned on by D.S. Gore was the best thing that could have happened to Devin. Devins injury was also the worse thing that could have happened to Frank. He had to carry the team through that stretch.

He was great for Singletary but he also hurt the team in the games during the times he did play.  He was abysmal.  I argued to activate Yeldon over Gore....he flat out sucked

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

So long, Frank.  Thats the business of the NFL.  Its a next oldest running back up kind of league.  Always has been, always will be.  

Bring on Sproles and AP!

Shady got some valuable experience in Kansas City.  Could bring him back and let him sit behind All Day until he's ready to see some action.

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Shady got some valuable experience in Kansas City.  Could bring him back and let him sit behind All Day until he's ready to see some action.

Some valuable experience eating humble pie

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

he's bionic

Does bionic mean he averages 1 yard per carry?

28 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Some valuable experience eating humble pie

Does bionic mean he averages 1 yard per carry?

He averaged 3.6 yards per carry on an offense that was called by a bona fide ***** moron who misused him AND Singletary.

I have to ask how people are quantifying the value of his mentoring abilities with such assurance?

As far as I could tell, the quotes from teammates sounded very much like standard pro athlete platitudes....kind words for an older vet (and one they know the team has developed a narrative for). Yeah, Singletary hung with him a lot, and they had good relationship. Cool.

Would you expect players to say something like  "Frank is okay, we like him, but his skills have diminished, and we just put up with it because the coaches like to have one of "their guys" in the locker room to keep them informed"?

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He averaged 3.6 yards per carry on an offense that was called by a bona fide ***** moron who misused him AND Singletary.

C'mon...he sucked.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Are you saying that Gore was misused?  Because I saw a really bad running back that looked like he lost a step by the end of the season. 

Like the Steeler game where he averaged a whopping 1.5 per carry.

Or the Texans playoff game where averaged 2.5 yards 

He is a great leader, good for Singletary, but past his prime and should not have been on the field after Singletary returned.

12 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I have to ask how people are quantifying the value of his mentoring abilities with such assurance?

As far as I could tell, the quotes from teammates sounded very much like standard pro athlete platitudes....kind words for an older vet (and one they know the team has developed a narrative for). Yeah, Singletary hung with him a lot, and they had good relationship. Cool.

Would you expect players to say something like  "Frank is okay, we like him, but his skills have diminished, and we just put up with it because the coaches like to have one of "their guys" in the locker room to keep them informed"?

C'mon...he sucked.

I love Frank but he was really really bad toward the end of the year.  Please....no more Mike Tolbert, Pat DiMarco or Frank Gore

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Not surprising, seemed to run out of gas early on (Although he did close out the Titans game and had a few decent games overall) but I think his value as a locker room guy just doesn't exceed his on field liability. 

He was getting stuffed on every 3rd and short.  He was just not a good RB at the end of the year 

• Like (+1) 1