What Cooking Shows Do You Watch?

RaoulDuke79

On 2/29/2020 at 7:54 AM, Nervous Guy said:

I don't like Chris Kimball...in fact I'd like to punch him in the face.

Turns out hes a scumbag. Stole ATK's intellectual property, ditched his wife, cut off his kids, and shacking up with his new babe.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2017/01/20/adrienne-chris-kimball-lawsuit/

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2019/08/22/christopher-kimball-lawsuit-settlement/

Mind of Chef seasons 1 & 2

Ugly Delicious is a recent favorite of mine

I stopped watching Top Chef religiously but if I start a season I'll get suckered into watching all of it.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

This was my first cooking show i watched religiously, loved this show.

Little bit of On-Yon in der...dude was awesome!

The first cooking show I can remember watching was as a kid my mom would watch 'Wok with Yan' I believe it was called. He cooked Chinese food and wore aprons that always had a pun about cooking and Woks

20 hours ago, T&C said:

Shout out to the godfather of jive... Justin Wilson:

I used to watch the Cajun chef.  On one show, he was cooking catfish, frog legs, and okra. My wife is not very adventurous with foods, and she was getting pretty nauseous just watching.  This video is after he lost a bunch of weight.  He used to tell long “shaggy dog” stories, which were good because they were so bad. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The first cooking show I can remember watching was as a kid my mom would watch 'Wok with Yan' I believe it was called. He cooked Chinese food and wore aprons that always had a pun about cooking and Woks

totally remember that show

37 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

14 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

totally remember that show

I was going to ask if Yan can still cook.
I used to watch Yan Can Cook. 

47 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Image result for wok with yan

Binging With Babish is a bit unique because he re-creates recipes for food shown in movies and TV.

The prison sauce from Goodfellas;

Big Kahuna Burgers from Pulp Fiction;

Chocolate Babka from Seinfeld;

Timpano from Big Night (a must see movie for anyone who likes cooking, or at least food).

https://www.bingingwithbabish.com/recipes/2017/2/20/il-timpano-inspired-by-big-night

On 2/29/2020 at 9:03 AM, LewPort71 said:

Going old school

The Galloping Gourmet.  

Continuing with old school, my mom always loved watching The Frugal Gourmet.

Were all of his shows erased from existence? If so, I understand why.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Turns out hes a scumbag. Stole ATK's intellectual property, ditched his wife, cut off his kids, and shacking up with his new babe.

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2017/01/20/adrienne-chris-kimball-lawsuit/

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2019/08/22/christopher-kimball-lawsuit-settlement/

Mind of Chef seasons 1 & 2

Ugly Delicious is a recent favorite of mine

I stopped watching Top Chef religiously but if I start a season I'll get suckered into watching all of it.

I knew it!!  What a d bag!!

2 hours ago, CookieG said:

Binging With Babish is a bit unique because he re-creates recipes for food shown in movies and TV.

The prison sauce from Goodfellas;

Big Kahuna Burgers from Pulp Fiction;

Chocolate Babka from Seinfeld;

Timpano from Big Night (a must see movie for anyone who likes cooking, or at least food).

https://www.bingingwithbabish.com/recipes/2017/2/20/il-timpano-inspired-by-big-night

Hes a Rochester guy too.  I find most of his recipes are eerily similar to SeriousEats.com especially now that hes doing Basics with Babish.  Although pretty much every YouTube.com personality is ripping off SeriousEats for monetary gain.

By the way, if you're looking for the best information on cooking techniques or good recipes, check out SeriousEats.com.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't watch too many. Still enjoy Top Chef though.

We used to really enjoy "The Taste" but that hasn't been on for a few years and of course, Bourdain is gone. What I liked about that show and dislike about most other cooking shows, is the tasting and judging is blind. No bias.

Edited by Dante

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Hes a Rochester guy too.  I find most of his recipes are eerily similar to SeriousEats.com especially now that hes doing Basics with Babish.  Although pretty much every YouTube.com personality is ripping off SeriousEats for monetary gain.

By the way, if you're looking for the best information on cooking techniques or good recipes, check out SeriousEats.com.

Dude who started Serious Eats, Kenji Lopez, worked for ATK and Kimball

On 3/1/2020 at 12:17 PM, Bakin said:

Although BBQing isn’t cooking ...

How to BBQ Right (Malcolm Reed) on YouTube is my go to guy for grilling. 
He crushes it. 

So why is BBQ not cooking?  BBQ is cooking.  Grilling is cooking. Grilling and bbq are different.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, Bakin said:

Although BBQing isn’t cooking ...

How to BBQ Right (Malcolm Reed) on YouTube is my go to guy for grilling. 
He crushes it. 

I guess you never worked a bbq pit.

Steven Raichlen is a Chefs Chef

Btw that reminded me -Primal Grill on PBS and every other Raichlen show are all excellent viewing.
 If I had cable now, I would record every Raichlen and Colameco show.

Chefs Table and America’s Test Kitchen are great

12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So why is BBQ not cooking?  BBQ is cooking.  Grilling is cooking. Grilling and bbq are different.

I tend to view cooking as taking place inside a traditional kitchen. 
bbq and grilling done outside over open flame. The former low and slow and the latter done quick and fast. 

On 2/29/2020 at 6:55 AM, Cripple Creek said:

Chef's Table is a must.  If you haven't checked it out (Netflicks, I believe) please do.

Watching the  Albert Adria episode now. Wow.....talk about groundbreaking. That guy is amazing. All hail BaBa El Boulle

Edited by RaoulDuke79

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:31 PM, Bakin said:

I tend to view cooking as taking place inside a traditional kitchen. 
bbq and grilling done outside over open flame. The former low and slow and the latter done quick and fast. 

BBQing/grilling and cooking are all different methods of preparing food to eat. Cooking is just preparing food to eat....