What Cooking Shows Do You Watch?

RaoulDuke79

10 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ok.  My knee jerk reaction was based upon words that are sorely overworked these days.

I am passionate about putting great food in front of those I care about.  I can't woodwork.  I can't rebuild an engine. I can't play guitar/drums/bass/bassoon.  I can food.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I am passionate about putting great food in front of those I care about.  I can't woodwork.  I can't rebuild an engine. I can't play guitar/drums/bass/bassoon.  I can food.

Agreed.  Grew up in a restaurant kitchen.  

My wife is a good recipe cook.  A crock pot is her best friend in the kitchen.  She can follow a recipe she finds in the internet and make a half-way decent dinner.

I can go to the grocery store with nothing in mind, pick out my ingredients as I go along, and make something amazing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Man Fire Food

Man v. Food

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Burgers, Brews and 'Que

Carnival Eats

There are my favorites along with Best Thing I ever Ate.

There are some really great ones on Netflix.  Recently binged Somebody Feed Phil.  Chef’s Table, Street Food, The Chef Show, and Ugly Delicious are all really good.

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed.  Grew up in a restaurant kitchen.  

My wife is a good recipe cook.  A crock pot is her best friend in the kitchen.  She can follow a recipe she finds in the internet and make a half-way decent dinner.

I can go to the grocery store with nothing in mind, pick out my ingredients as I go along, and make something amazing.  

Same

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

On the kitchen lentils sloppy joe sounds good

I actually looked it up and printed it! The future DIL is a vegetarian so we are always looking for new options. I’m sure it’s better for us and not just a concession to her. One more thing to like about her! 

It’s not a TV show, but I signed up for MasterClass after I saw Thomas Keller was on there. They have a lot of different chefs (and comedians, authors, directors, etc if you are not familiar with MasterClass). I’ve enjoyed it. I also signed up for America's Test Kitchen which I enjoy. That’s not just cooking but also equipment and product reviews. 

19 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Over the past several months I've found myself watching more cooking shows/food shows than most other things.....on a side note I'd also like to give a posthumous shout out to Anthony Bourdain. I really miss that guy.....back to business.

Chopped

Love the Halloween pumpkin contests 

Guys grocery games

Kids baking championship 

And whatever Giada is cookin....I'd eat an old tire if she prepared it. 

giada-delaurentiis-600x450-1.jpg&w=400&c

...she could be my panini.......

...Emerill...but he looks like he's carrying twins waiting for his water to break.....

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...she could be my panini.......

... Emerill...but he looks like he's carrying twins waiting for his water to break.....

Does he not have enough money? What on earth is he doing pushing toaster ovens on TV? 

Speaking of toaster ovens, what ever happened to Bagel Bites? I’d cook them till crunchy, then put some Texas Pete on there and I had something to eat without effort. Just can’t find them any more.....

• Haha (+1) 1

Good thread idea Duke. I like more of the old school types of shows, the newer ones are too chatty for my taste. One of my favorites is Jacques Pepin, with or without Julia Child. Was just on PBS an hour ago. Paul Prudhomme had a good show but haven't been able to find it in awhile.

Another favorite is The Two Fat Ladies, different twist to a cooking show.

• Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

It is so much more than that.

It's love.

It's family.

It's memories.

Dinner at my house as I was growing up was something of a source of irritation to my mother.  My father hauled steel, was home nightly but you never knew when.  We youngsters generally ate around five in the afternoon.  Coupled with the picky eaters we were often requiring a second meal, and she often groused, “What am I running here, a restaurant?!”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I actually looked it up and printed it! The future DIL is a vegetarian so we are always looking for new options. I’m sure it’s better for us and not just a concession to her. One more thing to like about her! 

It’s not a TV show, but I signed up for MasterClass after I saw Thomas Keller was on there. They have a lot of different chefs (and comedians, authors, directors, etc if you are not familiar with MasterClass). I’ve enjoyed it. I also signed up for America's Test Kitchen which I enjoy. That’s not just cooking but also equipment and product reviews. 

Not sure what you mean by "signed up"... America's Test Kitchen is on PBS. You can get it on an antenna.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Dinner at my house as I was growing up was something of a source of irritation to my mother.  My father hauled steel, was home nightly but you never knew when.  We youngsters generally ate around five in the afternoon.  Coupled with the picky eaters we were often requiring a second meal, and she often groused, “What am I running here, a restaurant?!”

Food and drink is a common bond in society. No matter what you believe, do or think, the human race needs to do these two things. That's why I liked Bourdain. No matter the audience or crowd he could always relate.

13 minutes ago, T&C said:

Not sure what you mean by "signed up"... America's Test Kitchen is on PBS. You can get it on an antenna.

There is a website you can join to get access to all their recipes and equipment reviews. Anytime access and you can search by show or food group such as seafood, poultry, etc. You can watch the show or just get the recipes. I print my favorites and keep them in a binder.