What Cooking Shows Do You Watch?

RaoulDuke79

Over the past several months I've found myself watching more cooking shows/food shows than most other things.....on a side note I'd also like to give a posthumous shout out to Anthony Bourdain. I really miss that guy.....back to business.

Chopped

Love the Halloween pumpkin contests 

Guys grocery games

Kids baking championship 

And whatever Giada is cookin....I'd eat an old tire if she prepared it. 

giada-delaurentiis-600x450-1.jpg&w=400&c

• Like (+1) 1

BTW, Colameco is an animal-

An avid sportsman, from 1985-1991, Colameco fought for the New York Athletic Club amateur boxing team and at various times, was the NYAC Middleweight and Light Heavyweight Boxing Champion. Prior to that, he was a paid sparring partner for boxers Chris Reid, Kevin Moley, and Donny LaLonde.

In 1986, Colameco earned his Black Belt in Kyokushin Karate, and since then, he has completed five New York City Marathons. An avid open water ocean swimmer, in 2014 his New York Athletic Club 3-man relay team finished 2nd in the men's open division in the FKCC 12.5 mile relay, completing the course in 5 hours 26 minutes.[5]

We watch "The Kitchen". We also watch "The Best Thing I ever Ate".  Like to see new takes on recipes or new techniques. Not so much for the cooking competition shows]

I've used quite a few of Giada's recipes. 

Is Giada cooking? I think you may be right, but I never really noticed! It was more.....never mind....

I used to be big into Chopped, but that has waned a bit. My favorite at the moment is probably Beat Bobby Flay. It’s not cooking with candy canes and cows tongue. Guy’s Grocery Games is too game show for me, personally. I don’t like anything with baking. I’m not a dessert guy. I don’t watch the kids shows as they may be cute, but they are either ignorant or they would show me up..... either way a loss for me. 

I like America’s Test Kitchen and actually signed up for their site where you can look up recipes, equipments reviews, etc. Cheap and easy, and I print out my favorites. 

I like things I can learn from, which I think is my primary goal. 

Oh, Ree Drummond has given me a couple recipes that have gone over very well with guests! 

Of course, nothing beats the folks from TBD who share awesome stuff! 

49 minutes ago, Pete said:

Mike Colameco Real Food is great.  He hosts another great show on PBS.

Americas Test Kitchen is great too.

The real cooking shows are on PBS, not Food Network

I was half hoping to see a place in Lisbon we went last fall. Maries, or Maria’s? Husband and wife team, only two of them running the place in the embassy area. She cooks, he does everything else. You walk up and ring the doorbell to their house. Our group of 10 took up half the place. He had whole fresh fish on a giant board and brought them to the table while talking a bit about each option. That was probably the most memorable meal of our entire trip. Amazing and fresh and unique. 

8 hours ago, qwksilver said:

We watch "The Kitchen". We also watch "The Best Thing I ever Ate".  Like to see new takes on recipes or new techniques. Not so much for the cooking competition shows]

I've used quite a few of Giada's recipes. 

I watched "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" a few times and enjoyed it. I dont see it on a much as the other shows.

Cooks Country/America’s Test Kitchen

Good Eats

Lidia

Ina Garten

Great British Bake Off (sometimes)

Used to Like Booby Flay, and Iron Chef, but got tired of them

Never liked Giada; all teeth, cleavage, and exaggerated attempts to sound Italian.  Never seemed sincere.

Used to like Emeril, but got tired of him.

• Like (+1) 1

‘Weber Cooks’.  You have to see it to appreciate (suffer) it.  Still exists on YouTube.

Anyone locals remember Goldie Gardiner and Eileen Koteras doing Channel 17’s cooking show?  At least they weren’t asking for money.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

As mentioned by many, I mostly watch the ones one PBS. Chris Kimball , who founded ATK, has a new one on called Milk Street. Focuses more on Asian and other non European/ American cuisine. Pretty good. 

I don't like Chris Kimball...in fact I'd like to punch him in the face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Watching now. 
kitchen -  chicken finger recipe this morning. We will try. 

Ree Drummond  - Have done several of her recipes. 
Trisha- also have done several of her Recipes. 
Triple D 

Rachel Ray

Valerie’s

love watching food network Monday- Sunday all day long. Except when at the gym 

54 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

I don't like Chris Kimball...in fact I'd like to punch him in the face.

Reminds you of me, maybe?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

As mentioned by many, I mostly watch the ones one PBS. Chris Kimball , who founded ATK, has a new one on called Milk Street. Focuses more on Asian and other non European/ American cuisine. Pretty good. 

If you haven't, PLEASE check out Chef's Table.  The first episode will hook you in, unless you're a hack.  So much passion.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Reminds you of me, maybe?

If you haven't, PLEASE check out Chef's Table.  The first episode will hook you in, unless you're a hack.  So much passion.

?????

FFS, it’s food.

EDIT:  Maybe I need a Snickers.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013