Jump to content

Matt Miller@BR - Latest Buzz for every team


Recommended Posts

Bills snippets:

 

Buffalo  Like the Eagles, the Bills need wide receivers. Tee Higgins would be a dream here to give Josh Allen a bigger target and someone to stretch the field vertically. In Round 3, if a receiver hasn't been drafted, big ones like Bryan Edwards and Donovan Peoples-Jones are names I've heard.

 

Stick to Football is in Indianapolis this week. We are hosting Sean McDermott (Buffalo Bills), Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans) and Matt Bowen (ESPN) live from radio row.

Notes from other teams ahead of the Bills could inform some trade options or necessities.  Lots of teams need WRs and Edge players.  Edge is not a good position in this draft after Young so I could see some massive overpayment to free agents - especially with the cap expected to jump up with the new CBA. 

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878167-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-buzz-for-every-nfl-team-at-2020-combine?share=twitter

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For some reason Higgins just doesn’t do it for me...I have no basis or reasoning for it...

Chase Claypool. 6'4-1/4", 238lbs, 4.42 40, 40.5" vertical, 80"+ wingspan, 10'6" broad jump, and got better every year in college.  ***bangs the table***

and getting dinged up and limited in his route tree and has the dropsies every now and then. There are better prospects I would take instead of him in RD2, he not a #22 or RD1 guy for me  

Posted Images

I don’t think Higgins is a fit at all. I know he’s got the size aspect, but he’s always dinged up. A lot of missed time within games, and someone on WGR, some draft guy, said he’s heard Higgins isn’t exactly the best locker room guy. Also the fact the Bills didn’t scout Clemson in person until the championship (where they also scouted LSU), tells me they’re not very interested. 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I don’t think Higgins is a fit at all. I know he’s got the size aspect, but he’s always dinged up. A lot of missed time within games, and someone on WGR, some draft guy, said he’s heard Higgins isn’t exactly the best locker room guy. Also the fact the Bills didn’t scout Clemson in person until the championship (where they also scouted LSU), tells me they’re not very interested. 

 

Or they just know what they are getting with him already and are looking to hide their interest hoping he falls to us. 

 

I'm not worried about the injuries too much as we have one of the top if not best medical and weight room combos in the league which should help lessen those injury issues. 

 

As for being a locker room guy. I'm not sure that should matter. We already have leaders set up in the room on o and d. I think we'd be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dje85 said:

 

Or they just know what they are getting with him already and are looking to hide their interest hoping he falls to us. 

 

I'm not worried about the injuries too much as we have one of the top if not best medical and weight room combos in the league which should help lessen those injury issues. 

 

As for being a locker room guy. I'm not sure that should matter. We already have leaders set up in the room on o and d. I think we'd be fine. 

 

It's not really about leaders being present or being able to handle tough locker room guys, its about drafting guys who do not have that problem so they will in turn keep the other guys honest on their own. If you can draft  a guy without the mental warts, you do it. Especially for the city we're in. As for the discussion on Mental Warts Vs Physical Talent....at the end of the day you have to decide whether or not 1 makes up for the other... especially with the Divas in this league lately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase Claypool. 6'4-1/4", 238lbs, 4.42 40, 40.5" vertical, 80"+ wingspan, 10'6" broad jump, and got better every year in college. 

***bangs the table***

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

go with justin jefferson who is faster and just an inch shorter 

He’s actually over 2 inches shorter, but who’s counting?

11 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Idk I’d personally take Jefferson, Mims, Reagor and Pittman all above Higgins

Pittman? Geez.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yawn.   The national narrative is getting stale.

 

They keep slotting "big" possession-type WRs to the Bills--when Beane has repeated said the team needs a dynamic playmaker a'la Tyreek Hill who can score quickly / do big chunk plays.      

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

go with justin jefferson who is faster and just an inch shorter 

I have Jefferson ahead of Higgins personally, but they don't really fill the same hole. Jefferson is a projection out wide; he was mainly utilized as a big slot in college. As we learned from Zay, it's not always easy to transition out wide. Higgins is already ready to line up out wide on Day 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s actually over 2 inches shorter, but who’s counting?

Pittman? Geez.

Solid 40 and a great 3-cone show he has the agility to run all the routes. Plays all 4 phases of special teams, and his catch rate was something ridiculous like 86% for his career. He’s huge and not only big but physically imposing as well. 
 

Higgins is tall but slender. He worries me in a lot of ways. 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Bills snippets:

 

Buffalo  Like the Eagles, the Bills need wide receivers. Tee Higgins would be a dream here to give Josh Allen a bigger target and someone to stretch the field vertically. In Round 3, if a receiver hasn't been drafted, big ones like Bryan Edwards and Donovan Peoples-Jones are names I've heard.

 

Stick to Football is in Indianapolis this week. We are hosting Sean McDermott (Buffalo Bills), Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans) and Matt Bowen (ESPN) live from radio row.

Notes from other teams ahead of the Bills could inform some trade options or necessities.  Lots of teams need WRs and Edge players.  Edge is not a good position in this draft after Young so I could see some massive overpayment to free agents - especially with the cap expected to jump up with the new CBA. 

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878167-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-latest-buzz-for-every-nfl-team-at-2020-combine?share=twitter

:sick:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I have Jefferson ahead of Higgins personally, but they don't really fill the same hole. Jefferson is a projection out wide; he was mainly utilized as a big slot in college. As we learned from Zay, it's not always easy to transition out wide. Higgins is already ready to line up out wide on Day 1.

 

I like Mims from Baylor.  Big guy, fast.  Likely available in Rd. 2.   Huge catch radius.  

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102818/article/nine-instant-impact-receivers-who-wont-cost-a-firstround-pick

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

What? Higgins biggest flaw is easily his lack of separation.

and getting dinged up and limited in his route tree and has the dropsies every now and then. There are better prospects I would take instead of him in RD2, he not a #22 or RD1 guy for me

 

giphy.gif

 

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...