CeeDee Lamb or bust.

ScorpionZero

2 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

I believe that we must do whatever it takes to get him for our offense. Because of his ability everyone becomes better. Brown opens up underneath, Knox has space to operate, beasly can work those outs as well as the out and ups. And Singletary won't have 8 in the box because lamb will command a corner and safety on every down. It will cost allot to do it but to have him here to grow with Josh would be the *****. Our 1st,2nd, and next year's 1st. Should get it done plus we can add Mims or Pittman in the third. This year's draft needs to be all about offense. Now you may crucifie me. 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Remember the last time we traded up in a deep WR class? 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

So.....two firsts and a second. Maybe we should throw in another first, you know.....just to make sure. 

Lot’s of WR’s this year. I’m not liking that price. Scout better. 

I don’t see ANY possible scenario where we trade a high pick next year for a WR this year in this deep WR class. That just does NOT seem to be their style. 

For that price we should be able to secure McCaffrey and Cooper Kupp... much better deal! 

2 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

You don't remember all the prognosticators calling the Falcons nuts for moving up to draft Jones. How is this any different. 

This is very different.  Julio Jones was a better prospect than Lamb.  More importantly, the OTHER draft prospects are incredibly different.  We have probably THE deepest WR class there has ever been coming up this year.  Even if you don't get the top two, you're still probably going to get high impact starters throughout the first two to three rounds of the draft.  In Julio's draft class?  Not so much.  There was him and A.J. Green, then...no one.  The next WR off the board?  Jonathon Baldwin went to the Chiefs at 26.  Titus Young was the fourth WR off the board to the Lions at 44.  Other than Torrey Smith and Randall Cobb who went in the late 2nd round, and who were never great, but more role players, there's not a single other good WR in the draft other than those top 2.  If you did not get one of the top 2 WRs, you essentially didn't get a WR at all in that draft.  

Now, if you look at that and still think "Hmm, we should STILL pull a Falcons and make a desperation trade that we hope will work out in order to get one of the top two WR prospects  of the class, when there are PLENTY of slightly lesser prospects" then there's really no hope for you as a scout, and I'm glad you're not part of the Bills' organization.  Keep in mind that it's not "top two WRs," but "top two WR prospects."  There's a definite difference between the two that a lot of people forget.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

You get average at best talent drafting skill position players in mid rounds.  Everyone on here talks about how Allen and Mahomes would look if you switched their supporting casts.  Then when there’s a potentially elite target that costs what potentially elite targets cost, suddenly everyone’s fine with Great Value brand weapons.

What does that have to do with anything?  The Chiefs didn’t draft a QB in the first round for 34 years because the last one busted so hard.  Should they have passed on Mahomes because a previous GM made a bad pick?  If McBeane thinks he’s the goods, then pull the trigger.  The team was a hair away from winning the first playoff game in 25 years.  The offense put up 19 points in 5 quarters against a team that gave up 7 TDs in 3 quarters a week later.  Adding a true #1 receiver makes every other matchup on the field more favorable.  The team’s window is officially open.  If Josh is the guy, he’s going to start getting really expensive in 2 years.  It’s time to put a finished product on the field now.

Deebo samuel

1 hour ago, Billl said:

You get average at best talent drafting skill position players in mid rounds.  Everyone on here talks about how Allen and Mahomes would look if you switched their supporting casts.  Then when there’s a potentially elite target that costs what potentially elite targets cost, suddenly everyone’s fine with Great Value brand weapons.

You want to be the one to tell JuJu that he's average at best?  How about Tyreek Hill, drafted 166th overall?  Stefon Diggs, #146?  Davante Adams (#53)?  John Brown (#91)?  Keenan Allen (#76)?  T.Y. Hilton (#92)?  Antonio Brown (#192)?  AB may have gone insane this past year, but he was one of the best to play the position.  WR has become the one position where you can find great players all the way through the draft as long as you know what you're looking for.  There are so many different college WRs out there that can each do at least one thing REALLY well.  If that WRs skill set matches up with what you want them to do, you can have a star that was drafted late.

Now let's look at the Chiefs WRs:  We have Tyreek Hill drafted in the 5th round, Demarcus Robinson in the 4th, and Mecole Hardman was #56 overall.  Sammy Watkins was their 4th WR, and he was drafted in the top 10.  If you're arguing that we should replicate what the Chiefs have done, you'd be rooting for us to draft those "Great Value brand weapons."

Edited by Haplo848
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

You want to be the one to tell JuJu that he's average at best?  How about Tyreek Hill, drafted 166th overall?  Stefon Diggs, #146?  Davante Adams (#53)?  John Brown (#91)?  Keenan Allen (#76)?  T.Y. Hilton (#92)?  Antonio Brown (#192)?  AB may have gone insane this past year, but he was one of the best to play the position.  WR has become the one position where you can find great players all the way through the draft as long as you know what you're looking for.  There are so many different WRs out there, each of whom can do at least thing REALLY well.  If that WRs skill set matches up with what you want them to do, you can have a star that was drafted late.

Now let's look at the Chiefs WRs:  We have Tyreek Hill drafted in the 5th round, Demarcus Robinson in the 4th, and Mecole Hardman was #56 overall.  Sammy Watkins was their 4th WR, and he was drafted in the top 10.  If you're arguing that we should replicate what the Chiefs have done, you'd be rooting for us to draft those "Great Value brand weapons."

There’s no cap on scouts! 

If you win at scouting, it’s much easier to win on the field. I like what I’ve seen so far, and hope they prove they have an eye for offensive talent this draft. Singletary was a good start, now nail it with WR.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

I believe that we must do whatever it takes to get him for our offense. Because of his ability everyone becomes better. Brown opens up underneath, Knox has space to operate, beasly can work those outs as well as the out and ups. And Singletary won't have 8 in the box because lamb will command a corner and safety on every down. It will cost allot to do it but to have him here to grow with Josh would be the *****. Our 1st,2nd, and next year's 1st. Should get it done plus we can add Mims or Pittman in the third. This year's draft needs to be all about offense. Now you may crucifie me. 

I would do that in a heartbeat for Chase Young not for a WR in a deep WR draft 

I would Love to trade up for CeeDee. I would not give up more than the additional 2nd pick. The hope would become that some how 1 or both Henry Ruggs and jerry jeudy come off the board before him. allowing him to slip into the teens. 

according to the trade value chart

the 13th pick in the draft costs 1150

the 14th pick in the draft cost 1100

Our first(780) and second(360) combined come out to 1120..

This guy is going to be elite. 

Listen to them talk about him in the beginning of the video...

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Deebo samuel

43 minutes ago, Haplo848 said:

You want to be the one to tell JuJu that he's average at best?  How about Tyreek Hill, drafted 166th overall?  Stefon Diggs, #146?  Davante Adams (#53)?  John Brown (#91)?  Keenan Allen (#76)?  T.Y. Hilton (#92)?  Antonio Brown (#192)?  AB may have gone insane this past year, but he was one of the best to play the position.  WR has become the one position where you can find great players all the way through the draft as long as you know what you're looking for.  There are so many different college WRs out there that can each do at least one thing REALLY well.  If that WRs skill set matches up with what you want them to do, you can have a star that was drafted late.

So the best way to find star players is to draft them in the middle rounds.  I’ll remember that when everyone here is blaming the offense’s struggles on lack of weapons for Josh.  The Bills have such a great track record of finding WRs that there’s no need to draft a blue chipper.  Just shake the third round game breaking WR tree and grab as many as you can carry.

The video above shows his ability to go get balls that are mostly poorly thrown and then what he does with the ball in his hands with a below average passer

He is a playmaker, He is a process guy, They talk about how he would practice different releases when the play was designed to go away from him, making every rep count.

This video shows his ball skills with good QBs who give him a better shot to go get it.

3 minutes ago, buffalover4life said:

I would Love to trade up for CeeDee. I would not give up more than the additional 2nd pick. The hope would become that some how 1 or both Henry Ruggs and jerry jeudy come off the board before him. allowing him to slip into the teens. 

according to the trade value chart

the 13th pick in the draft costs 1150

the 14th pick in the draft cost 1100

Our first(780) and second(360) combined come out to 1120..

This guy is going to be elite. 

Listen to them talk about him in the beginning of the video...

There are a ton of WR’s who could be elite from this draft. It’s useless to trade premium draft picks when you are just fine drafting where you are in this WR class.

Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, for example, are players that would look just as good in a Bills uniform as Lamb.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

There are a ton of WR’s who could be elite from this draft. It’s useless to trade premium draft picks when you are just fine drafting where you are in this WR class.

Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, for example, are players that would look just as good in a Bills uniform as Lamb.

Its mostly about the slam dunk of a pick he is.

Everyone else feels more like rolling the dice to me. This organization has had a tendency to fall in love with their guys.

Zay jones, Edmunds, Allen. When they want a guy, they go get him.

It could be Henry Ruggs for all I know.

Im just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they made a move for their guy. 

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

So the best way to find star players is to draft them in the middle rounds.  I’ll remember that when everyone here is blaming the offense’s struggles on lack of weapons for Josh.  The Bills have such a great track record of finding WRs that there’s no need to draft a blue chipper.  Just shake the third round game breaking WR tree and grab as many as you can carry.

For the record.....my pick is a WR in the first round....and I am ok with 3 different receivers at that pick....BUT if we can pick up a very good vet I am ok with taking a developmental guy in the mid rounds to go with that....I would actually take 2 WR's out of this draft regardless.   I do not want to trade up in a deep WR draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Either we have better talent evaluation now, or we’re doomed anyway

It’s feasible to go up and get Lamb if Beane and his guys agree with you he’s a Julio Jones/AJ Green type guy.  I’m neither saying it’s right or wrong

I just don’t see Beane doing it.

I still think it’ll be to jump ATL for Epenesa if we move up.

1 hour ago, buffalover4life said:

Its mostly about the slam dunk of a pick he is.

Everyone else feels more like rolling the dice to me. This organization has had a tendency to fall in love with their guys.

Zay jones, Edmunds, Allen. When they want a guy, they go get him.

It could be Henry Ruggs for all I know.

Im just saying I wouldn't be shocked if they made a move for their guy. 

I am more inclined to think that a move up would be for a player that ISN’T a WR.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah I am gonna say I dont endorse that unless he seriously drops

Beane has just shown he is too good with these draft picks to give up what it would take to get him in a WR draft that probably runs 3 rounds deep with starters

Beane has traded up repeatedly. Why do you think he would stop now?

11 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

The minute you say, "do whatever it takes," whatever you're arguing for takes a hit.

Be great to get a vintage Corvette. But if it took killing a guy and paying four times the normal price, it's not worth it.

If he's available at #22 and they like him, that would be great. If they want to skip up a spot or three and it doesn't cost too much, again great. But there are too many really good receivers in this draft to do something silly like give up a lot of value.

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Tremaine Edmunds says G'day!

Hmm? He said the other trades were 2nd round or below. That includes the Edmunds trade.

Baltimore gave up 16th and 54th and Buffalo gave up 22nd and 65 (a 3rd rounder). He's correct.

And his point stands. The Allen trade is the one where they really gave up serious value. The Edmunds trade, done with the leftovers of the prep they did to bring in draft capital for the Allen trade, was second and below that there's another fairly significant drop. Beane seems willing to give up picks, but he's pretty stingy with picks from the first couple of days.

Edited by Thurman#1