CeeDee Lamb or bust.

ScorpionZero

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Fair enough.  I just think they will have similar careers.  I don't see Higgins producing all that well at the NFL level.

Many had same take on Metcalf last year and  we wouldn’t be drafting a WR if he was a Bill. Think we’d be lucky if he’s still there at 22.  If he is and we don’t nab him, I’ll cry a river.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:35 PM, Bangarang said:

Remember the last time we traded up in a deep WR class? 

I still argue on a better passing team and with better health, Watkins is a top 5 receiver.  But yeah, trading up for a player in a dependent position like receiver in a deep class is a bad move.  

the thing I love about this draft is if Allen is the real deal, we could get a guy late in the 1st or 2nd who could outperform a high 1st rounder. 

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I still argue on a better passing team and with better health, Watkins is a top 5 receiver.  But yeah, trading up for a player in a dependent position like receiver in a deep class is a bad move.  

the thing I love about this draft is if Allen is the real deal, we could get a guy late in the 1st or 2nd who could outperform a high 1st rounder. 

It was a fine move.  It didn't work out, but it was fine.  In a "deep class" like the 2014 draft, 12 WRs went in the 1st and 2nd round.  7 of them have not made a Pro Bowl.  10 of them are not on the teams that drafted them.  3 of them are out of the league.

Even deep classes are still crap shoots.

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Many had same take on Metcalf last year and  we wouldn’t be drafting a WR if he was a Bill. Think we’d be lucky if he’s still there at 22.  If he is and we don’t nab him, I’ll cry a river.

Metcalf is a MUCH better athlete than Higgins.    That lack of athleticism--in a WR class chock full of it--is one of the biggest negatives I have with him at #22 (along with some route inflexibility/explosion limitations).   

Pick 40 to 56 is another matter, however, as that would be a better value slot for him.   I think he'll slide into Round 2, given how strong this overall draft class is.   If the Bills like him enough, trading up to the first half of round 2 to get him would be OK.    Just not at #22...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Metcalf is a MUCH better athlete than Higgins.    That lack of athleticism--in a WR class chock full of it--is one of the biggest negatives I have with him at #22 (along with some route inflexibility/explosion limitations).   

Pick 40 to 56 is another matter, however, as that would be a better value slot for him.   I think he'll slide into Round 2, given how strong this overall draft class is.   If the Bills like him enough, trading up to the first half of round 2 to get him would be OK.    Just not at #22...

Most mocks put him in first.  I like his size.  If he can do 4.4 as some say, he might not last til 22.  Go Bills!!

An example: Randy Moss (one of the top 3 receivers of all time) was selected Round 1, #21 in the 1998 draft. The last pick of the third round that year? Hines Ward. 

Query: Is it logical to mortgage the future for a Moss when a Ward is available later on? 

15 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

An example: Randy Moss (one of the top 3 receivers of all time) was selected Round 1, #21 in the 1998 draft. The last pick of the third round that year? Hines Ward. 

Query: Is it logical to mortgage the future for a Moss when a Ward is available later on? 

i agree with you but that’s a bad example on top of being anecdotal. If ceedee is the next moss then absolutely YES you move up for him, regardless of how many Hines Ward (!?!) clones may be behind him. You move and take a next Randy Moss because Randy Moss is the 2nd best receiver of all time. 

19 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

An example: Tom Brady (one of the top 3 Qbs of all time) was selected Round 6, Pick #199 in the 2000 draft. The 18th pick of the first round that year? Chad Pennington

Query: is it logical to even read this post?

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

i agree with you but that’s a bad example on top of being anecdotal. If ceedee is the next moss then absolutely YES you move up for him, regardless of how many Hines Ward (!?!) clones may be behind him. You move and take a next Randy Moss because Randy Moss is the 2nd best receiver of all time. 

The problem is.....nobody knows. If they knew Randy Moss was “Randy Moss”, he never would have lasted to #21. (I know, he had background issues, but the fact remains.)

I love our owners and FO and trust they will go all out to find the studs in the draft. I also feel sorry for any Bengals fans out there. This is not a good time to go cheap on scouting. Cheap young talent is your lifeblood, and I like what the current regime has done so far. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The problem is.....nobody knows. I they knew Randy Moss was “Randy Moss”, he never would have lasted to #21. (I know, he had background issues, but the fact remains.)

I love our owners and FO and trust they will go all out to find the studs in the draft. I also feel sorry for any Bengals fans out there. This is not a good time to go cheap on scouting. Cheap young talent is your lifeblood, and I like what the current regime has done so far. 

of course and that’s why i said it was a ridiculous example. Just the fact that he compared Moss and Ward and suggested they were even the slightest bit comparable is ludicrous. But like you said no one knows if Lamb is going to be anywhere near Moss. In fact chances are he won’t be.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

The problem is.....nobody knows. If they knew Randy Moss was “Randy Moss”, he never would have lasted to #21. (I know, he had background issues, but the fact remains.)

Moss was a bit different, he had the production but it was other things:

image.thumb.png.6a31e800b5a9933daee6c7f0ceef694e.png

image.thumb.png.441243b4a7a26f9a12b135be8f78901b.png

image.thumb.png.fb45d021afed554fdb97f734713fd8e1.png

http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtakes/nfl/no-one-wanted-to-draft-randy-moss.html

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Moss was a bit different, he had the production but it was other things:

image.thumb.png.6a31e800b5a9933daee6c7f0ceef694e.png

image.thumb.png.441243b4a7a26f9a12b135be8f78901b.png

image.thumb.png.fb45d021afed554fdb97f734713fd8e1.png

http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtakes/nfl/no-one-wanted-to-draft-randy-moss.html

Hey, but he played when he wanted to play!   :)

I don’t know how he ever got a broadcasting job. Supreme talent, but hard to get past some of that other stuff. Surely there are better options. I don’t like to judge, but he’s got a lot of demerits in his background, including on the field. 

7 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

image.thumb.png.90de06faf67794b9576aa1e3328b84a0.png

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

my last argument for Lamb after trading for Diggs. 

This year's 2nd and 4th, next year's 1st and 3rd to move up with Cleveland to 10 and grab Lamb. When playing out of 4 wide, brown and him could be interchangeable. Lamb outside running a 15 yard comeback route while brown runs a seem post, Diggs running a 9 on the left and Beasley running a crosser. Who do you double, who do you cover. If you double outside in a 2 deep look, browns got a touchdown. If you quarters Beasley is open, if you 3 deep Lamb is open on the come back.

With Lamb in the offense, we become unstoppable. With a roster as complete as ours, its time to take chances for impact players. I know you'll say it affects us long term from a draft standpoint but only for one year. The way that Beane uses free agency the draft becomes less important. 

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

This year's 2nd and 4th, next year's 1st and 3rd to move up with Cleveland to 10 and grab Lamb. When playing out of 4 wide, brown and him could be interchangeable. Lamb outside running a 15 yard comeback route while brown runs a seem post, Diggs running a 9 on the left and Beasley running a crosser. Who do you double, who do you cover. If you double outside in a 2 deep look, browns got a touchdown. If you quarters Beasley is open, if you 3 deep Lamb is open on the come back.

With Lamb in the offense, we become unstoppable. With a roster as complete as ours, its time to take chances for impact players. I know you'll say it affects us long term from a draft standpoint but only for one year. The way that Beane uses free agency the draft becomes less important. 

Come back to Earth

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

fantasyland