Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dont Stop Billeiving

Could AJ Dillon be a younger/cheaper Derrick Henry?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


There’s your Karlos Williams 2.0.

Do you know that he eats every time his pregnant girlfriend does out of guilt? Or are you just assuming? 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do you know that he eats every time his pregnant girlfriend does out of guilt? Or are you just assuming? 


I just assume that about everyone.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw him and the RB from UCLA listed as good fits for the Bills with Motor as people who can bang it inside.  I'd take him.  He's likely a 4th round or later pick due to the bevy of RB's in the draft.  And I'm not worried about his catching right now.  We have Motor and Yeldon for that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've run countless mock drafts on The Draft Network and Fanspeak, and Dillon is always falling into the 5th or 6th round. That's very good value for what he would bring, and he fits one of the few glaring holes I see on this team. 

 

Calling it, now: I am all in on getting Dillon with a 5th or 6th. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very powerful back & strong runner---some team is going to take him early---3rd or 4th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a copy cat league. I could see him going late 3rd early 4th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like him late

 

Not super explosive so idk if he can ever be a gamechanger...

 

But I see a little Brandon Jacobs who had some good seasons

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like him late

 

Not super explosive so idk if he can ever be a gamechanger...

 

But I see a little Brandon Jacobs who had some good seasons

 

 

Very good pro comp! I’d sign up for getting the new Jacobs for a 5th rounder! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Very good pro comp! I’d sign up for getting the new Jacobs for a 5th rounder! 

Totally

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his kind of production in a bad situation, and his impressive tape and potential value, why is he a 5th or 6th rounder?  
 

This is a guy that looks like he should go much earlier than that like 3rd or 4th.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With his kind of production in a bad situation, and his impressive tape and potential value, why is he a 5th or 6th rounder?  
 

This is a guy that looks like he should go much earlier than that like 3rd or 4th.

The game has changed Alpha

 

Teams look for 3 down backs early... Ones that can catch balls out of the backfield and be a mismatch in multiple formations

 

Lots of really talented runners fall to the 4-5-6 round because they aren't very versatile and teams see them as 2 down runners

 

This is a league that drafted Bishop Sankey in round 2 because he can catch lol I prefer a RB that can ..... Run

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t stop believing, this is exactly the guy I want.  Anything beyond the 3rd is fine with me.  I’m hopeful our first three picks go to a WR in the 1st, Edge Rusher in the 2nd, and another WR in the 3rd.  I know we other interests, but something like this with a battering ram like him is a huge improvement we should see on the field next year.  I’ve beaten the drum probably too often but at least one TE, not Olsen in FA.

 

I don’t if everyone read the article this morning on the argument to tag J. Phillips.  It made me think about it.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not Derrick Henry.  Henry has speed.

 

Whomever we add, I hope they can hit home runs.  Singletary is great between the tackles.   We need someone that can hit the corner and be out the door.  I don’t think that Aj Dillon is that guy.  Gotta have some juice

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be drafting a new RB almost every single year to replenish the herd.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who want him late, he won't be around after the third of fourth.  Great balance and good instincts.  The clips show some pretty big holes for him.  What happens if he doesn't have them?  Can he be a Williams 2.0 back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like him late

 

Not super explosive so idk if he can ever be a gamechanger...

 

But I see a little Brandon Jacobs who had some good seasons

 

 

Oh he’s explosive all right! I watched him play quite a bit and there’s no doubt that he is explosive. What he is not is a gamebreaker. He won’t make long touchdown runs. He’s also very athletic. I’m curious to see how he does at the combine. Given how he does there, I’d be just fine getting him in the fourth round but preferably later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Oh he’s explosive all right! I watched him play quite a bit and there’s no doubt that he is explosive. What he is not is a gamebreaker. He won’t make long touchdown runs. He’s also very athletic. I’m curious to see how he does at the combine. Given how he does there, I’d be just fine getting him in the fourth round but preferably later.

That's why he isn't super explosive lol

 

He is a good athlete and has a nice Burst but not Henry explosiveness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He’s not Derrick Henry.  Henry has speed.

 

Whomever we add, I hope they can hit home runs.  Singletary is great between the tackles.   We need someone that can hit the corner and be out the door.  I don’t think that Aj Dillon is that guy.  Gotta have some juice

Henry 4.54  40

Dillon 4.56 40 coming out of high school

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, noacls said:

Henry 4.54  40

Dillon 4.56 40 coming out of high school

Don’t matter.  I have eyes.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 12:01 PM, noacls said:

Love the idea. He ran a 4.56 40 coming out of high school at a Nike. That's a full .1 second faster than Motor. Very impressive

 

He looked faster than expected for 240#. Nice highlights, but my absolute favorite was the first play where he just tosses the tackler. THAT is worse than getting dunked on! 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:58 PM, NewEra said:

He’s not Derrick Henry.  Henry has speed.

 

Whomever we add, I hope they can hit home runs.  Singletary is great between the tackles.   We need someone that can hit the corner and be out the door.  I don’t think that Aj Dillon is that guy.  Gotta have some juice

 

I want productive players, but what I REALLY want is players that put FEAR into the opposing defense. 

 

.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...