XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

they have done a very good job explaining the rule differences. And giving background info on the players. Very key to a viable watching experience 

There is Money tied to winning. And I am sure the players care 

Splitting the $100K award among the active players is an interesting idea.

Nice little game bonus.

Like the Best Fight award in a UFC event.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

they have done a very good job explaining the rule differences. And giving background info on the players. Very key to a viable watching experience 

There is Money tied to winning. And I am sure the players care 

im talking about for the viewers.  They may favor no punting because it really doesn’t matter.  Watching their NFL team,  most would want the option to punt

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The networks never really seemed to be behind the AAF, the coverage and announce teams and general excitement for this league seems to be different. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

im talking about for the viewers.  They may favor no punting because it really doesn’t matter.  Watching their NFL team,  most would want the option to punt

they have the option to punt. Just makes it de incentivized when close to other endzone. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So for we are through a game and a half. 

I can say I will tune in again tomorrow. And that’s really all the XFL needed from today good broadcasting. And good enough play with entertaining games. Enough to keep the TV crowd to tune in again. 

I'll be back. Gotta see my Guardians tear it up!

Edited by Real McNasty

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

The networks never really seemed to be behind the AAF, the coverage and announce teams and general excitement for this league seems to be different. 

Add in that the have already made more revenue in tickets before kickoff than the AAF did the entire year should show there is a market. 

Also the QB play hasn’t been Atrocious yet like in AAF

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It’s crazy.... it seems like fans are actually enjoying the XFL.  Mostly positive feedback

I watched most of the DC game. Went out. Now I’m drawn back in to this Houston game. Good stuff and competitive 

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’ve said for a while that I think the NFL should do away with punting.

20 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

72 years old.

Last coached Birmingham Iron in the AAF.

Last coached NFL in 2008 - defensive coordinator Chargers

I'm actually impressed he keeps getting jobs. Guy loves what he does.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

With all the NFL talk by the commentators it actually feels like a minor league to the NFL, which is fine with me. The first time around I remember them acting better than or like the NFL didn’t exist.  Definitely feels much more polished than the AAF.

The fan turn out is interesting. Wonder what made the crowds show up for this rather than the AAF.

it would be cool if they could get 1-2 year college kids to come play and get paid before the NFL. Like a Trevor Lawrence.  

Edited by astb41