XFL Opening Weekend, Matchups and where to watch.

MAJBobby

I’ve seen more crunching helmet to helmet hits in two games today than you see on a normal NFL weekend. And no flags. Hey It’s not my body but they may want to clean that up a bit. These guys in 15-20 years will be paying a dear price. 

Seriously, Is there any real chance this league is still around six months from now? 

13 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yep.  Financed by Jim McMahon.  

I thought he try this once before and there was not enough interest to keep it alive, and it died, and McMahon and his investors lost a lot of coin.   Question still stands, it is less interesting than the college game, no culture, no tradition, and no history, it is a league of players that “aren’t good enough” to play pro ball, its an odd way to lose a whole lot of money. I guess we shall see, well actually someone else is gonna have to see, because I won’t be watching. 

Edited by Don Otreply

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Seriously, Is there any real chance this league is still around six months from now? 

yeah it will be in the offseason at that point 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

don’t worry you don’t need to watch. The Stadiums are full and I bet the ratings are good too. Because the production of the game was actually pretty good 

I really enjoyed both games. That was competent football. They did a fantastic job. Long term is still wait and see for me obviously but I could not have scripted it to go much better than it did. Vinnie Mac for the win on opening day 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Don’t know if this was mentioned, but Shawn Oakman is on LA. Anyone remember him? Man... if he didn’t get that bogus false accusation that ruined his life he could’ve really done big things in the NFL. Maybe this can be his bridge. 

I remembered him when he about killed that quarterback lol, he crushed that guy

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I really hope he gets an opportunity in the NFL. He was an unfortunate innocent victim of the #metoo movement. 

If he has NFL talent this platform will get him into a camp come summer. NFL teams HAVE to be watching this, mostly because they can sign these guys dirt cheap. If there are hidden gems or guys with old red flags or whatever they’ll get a shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I thought he try this once before and there was not enough interest to keep it alive, and it died, and McMahon and his investors lost a lot of coin.   Question still stands, it is less interesting than the college game, no culture, no tradition, and no history, it is a league of players that “aren’t good enough” to play pro ball, its an odd way to lose a whole lot of money. I guess we shall see, well actually someone else isgonna have to see, because I won’t be watching. 

The original question was, will it be around I’m 6 months?  I believe yes.  2 years from now?  I doubt it.

McMahon will do what it takes to play minimum of 2 years.  Would want to outdo the AAF.

I believe there is more of an appetite for football now, than when XFL-1 was around.  Should have a better TV audience than back then.  Interesting thing is they don’t get a dime from ESPN or Fox for TV rights so they best have a plan as ticket revenue isn’t going to keep them afloat.

edit:  Apparently the league is funded for 3 years.  Doesn’t mean they won’t pull the plug early.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's see how it does over the next few weeks.  The AAF ratings were great the first weekend and then dropped off quickly.  I'd love to see elite college players join the league and make some money they can't at college.  Come on Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields.  Be the pioneers.