Brady Free Agency speculation: Down to Bucs and... Chargers? Miami?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I find the idea that the Patriots would allow this circus to go on and not make it obvious they want Brady to retire a Patriot ridiculous.  

A truly slimy act, IMO.

Ha!  I feel the same way. He’s not going anywhere. Never was. They’re all sitting back laughing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Ha!  I feel the same way. He’s not going anywhere. Never was. They’re all sitting back laughing. 

But the fact they're even allowing him to test free agency without BB and Kraft both publicly saying we 100% want him back.

If I were them I'd let it be 100% known its Brady's decision.  It might be a little degrading for a moment but they'd look like the bigger people.

Then if they struggle, some of the blame shifts and takes pressure off the organization.  Then if Brady fails he'll look like the fool.

I think he’ll ultimately end up in Tennessee.  I don’t think he’ll want to go to Vegas and get his dick kicked in the dirt for the duration of his “golden years.”  The 49ers just don’t make sense, and I really feel like NE is ready to move on...and they will if they’re smart.

Wherever Brady goes I think the QB he replaces will end up in New England. So that's Carr, Tannehill, or Garrappolo. I don't know who else the Patriots would try to stick at QB next year. For that reason I'm hoping he goes to Tennessee.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Wherever Brady goes I think the QB he replaces will end up in New England. So that's Carr, Tannehill, or Garrappolo. I don't know who else the Patriots would try to stick at QB next year. For that reason I'm hoping he goes to Tennessee.

What sucks is NE can easily replace Brady this year. So many decent options out there. No one will be as good but they can get by for a while.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Exactly. He goes to a team that really is his best option. A good defensive team, with the best running back, assuming they bring Henry back. 
You could give Tom, Edelman, Gronk, and Moss from the glory days next year and it wouldn’t matter. Tom is done. He will look worse next year. I will bet anyone he doesn’t finish the season as a starter next year. Either gets hurt or benched. 

if im the Colts im going hard after Brady because Brissett isnt the answer and they have a great Oline to protect him. Reich knows that rivers chokes in crunch time and would love to work with a guy as clutch as Brady provided the right weapons.

14 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It all boils down to what they think of Jimmy.

If I were in their shoes, I would be making my contingency plans this offseason anyways; I would be looking to move Jimmy a year from now so I would want to bring in a rookie this year that can take over in the future.

Trading Jimmy now for assets and then significantly upgrading (IMO) to Brady makes sense to me too, even moreso if they end up bringing a young QB in to sit behind Brady for a year or two.

The bigger question is whether or not the Jimmy to NE part makes sense, which would depend on what Belichick wants to do there. But at any rate, I'm sure SF could find someone else that would trade assets for Jimmy and that's a win to me as I think he's in the no man's land of QBs. Good enough to get a big contract but bad enough to kill your team's chances because of your contract.

not seeing the Jimmy hate here.

The niners sux dix without jimmy, and kickbutt with him. Their defense lost them the Superbowl when they let the chiefs score at will in the fourth. Jimmy G played a great game but came up a bit short in the end , getting rid of a QB who elevates the whole team and got them to a Superbowl is a big mistake.

5 hours ago, White Linen said:

I find the idea that the Patriots would allow this circus to go on and not make it obvious they want Brady to retire a Patriot ridiculous.  

A truly slimy act, IMO.

...the whole melodrama is getting more nauseating daily..................

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

if im the Colts im going hard after Brady because Brissett isnt the answer and they have a great Oline to protect him. Reich knows that rivers chokes in crunch time and would love to work with a guy as clutch as Brady provided the right weapons.

Brady was pretty anti-clutch the last two games of the season. Every play hits a wall. Tom has hit his.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Brady was pretty anti-clutch the last two games of the season with the Pats. Every player hits a wall. Tom has hit his.

True but i think not having consistent WRs really hurt Brady last year. I saw plenty of times when he was lecturing a WR for not doing what he was supposed to. Also losing Gronk or any reliable TE hurt as well, Basically he had  the RB and Edelman and that was it and still won 12 games.Tom was off last year but with good talent i think he can still win.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but i think not having consistent WRs really hurt Brady last year. I saw plenty of times when he was lecturing a WR for not doing what he was supposed to. Also losing Gronk or any reliable TE hurt as well, Basically he had  the RB and Edelman and that was it and still won 12 games.Tom was off last year but with good talent i think he can still win.

I am not saying he can’t win. Ryan Tannehill made it to the AFC championship game. I do think Tom’s body is breaking down. Tom can’t make the throws he could 5 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

not seeing the Jimmy hate here.

The niners sux dix without jimmy, and kickbutt with him. Their defense lost them the Superbowl when they let the chiefs score at will in the fourth. Jimmy G played a great game but came up a bit short in the end , getting rid of a QB who elevates the whole team and got them to a Superbowl is a big mistake.

What if Shanny called the timeouts before half and at least got a FG?  Could been a different game.

I don’t see the Niners in A “win now” situation.  Good team, young QB.  Just can’t see them being “all in” on brady.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1