Could the Bully (NFL) Push the Peg's into a Round Hole ?

T master

Well we thought as Bills fans that the long winded nightmare of the Bills being plucked from Buffalo to go to Toronto was over when the Bills were purchased by the Pegula's but it doesn't seem to be over in the minds of some of the NFL's owners & possibly the commissioner .

I read a piece of this article this morning & not only did the commissioner say that a new stadium in Toronto could help the possibility's of expansion of the NFL but the owner of another team mentions the more likely scenario of "Relocation" rather than expansion might be a reality, which seeing as the Bills are being battered about getting a new stadium spending a billion +  that truly doesn't need to be spent that the idea of who ever builds it they (The NFL) will come .

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/30/arthur-blank-mentions-expansion-when-asked-about-toronto/

I am getting to hate the greed of the NFL not only the outrageous contracts to the players but the mega rich pushing so hard on smaller teams not caring about the economic situation of some teams. The NFL could build stadiums for the teams but then Roger & the rest of the owners would have to take a pay cut & you know that ain't happening !

If this should ever happen & the Pegs were pushed to moving the Bills I for one would never watch another game as long as i live !

I can't imagine the Buffalo Bills any where but in Buffalo but i can imagine the NFL pushing them out because of Buffalo being a smaller market & would bet that if Green Bay didn't have the owner ship set up the way it is that it's team would have been long gone by the NFL's hand by now . I will also bet that's why the NFL made the rule that no other team can be owned by the community like Green Bay did so they would have the ultimate power over the other teams in any given situation !! 

I hope this is just me being paranoid but if it looks like a duck, & walks like a duck, & quacks,  it's usually a duck just saying !!  

Toronto couldn't support the Expo's so the MLB left but if the NFL see's what Vegas can do with the Raiders could the NFL try to put a square Peg into a round hole & make our owners do the unthinkable ? 

• Like (+1) 2

I often read this stuff and shake my head at the fear they try to create. The NFL can’t force the Pegulas to do anything. They can collectively bargain a less favorable revenue sharing for lower income teams. If that happens it will make it harder for the Bills to compete and may force their hand. The NFL though cannot force a team to move, build a stadium or anything of the sort. When they voted them in as owners they gave them the power to run the Buffalo Bills. 

• Like (+1) 4

"I am getting to hate the greed of the NFL not only the outrageous contracts to the players but the mega rich "

Well it is a business and greed will always be part of the equation.  NFL cant "force" the Pegulas to move and/or build a new stadium.

Besides The Bills mini-move to Toronto was pretty much a disaster and I would think was evidence enough for the NFL it wasn't going to be a home run there. Then again, that was the same collective brain trust that put two teams in the LA market and the Chargers fan base is a joke so one never knows.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

A.  Toronto doesn't want a team

B.   If they got an expansion one, ticket prices would be too high for the 5,000-10,000 fans from southern Ontario that regularly go to Bills games

C.  The NFL can't make the Bills move--it would be a PR nightmare that would bring A LOT of political heat down on the league that it doesn't need

D.   Pegula is the 8th richest owner.  This is not Ralph and his comparatively small wealth (by NFL standards) that we're talking about

I just don't see an expansion team in TO being a threat to Buffalo...

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

B.   If they got an expansion one, ticket prices would be too high for the 5,000-10,000 fans from southern Ontario that regularly go to Bills games

C.  The NFL can't make the Bills move--it would be a PR nightmare that would bring A LOT of political heat down on the league that it doesn't need

D.   Pegula is the 8th richest owner.  This is not Ralph and his comparatively small wealth (by NFL standards) that we're talking about

Yep, wont happen.

I'm not sure why some let their imaginations run wild, in an uncreative way, like this.  As far as I know, there is nothing Roger Goodell, or any of the other owners, can do to force the Bills to build a new stadium or relocate.  All they can do is bark, and good ol' Roger has been doing the barking for them.

I've always given Goodell the benefit of the doubt and thought the shtick of fans booing him at the draft was annoying.   However, his constant pushing to alter the game, and grow it outside of the US has gotten out of control.    It completely ignores the well being of the players he pretends to care about (17 games, intense travel to different continents), and what the fans really want (better officiating, games you dont have to stay up until midnight to watch, a Super Bowl on Saturday).

Everyone thinks CTE is going to be the end of football.  What will really be the end of football is pushing it into markets that dont support it, while totally ripping off the ones that do.   Keep Football in America, and stop trying to move it to Europe, South America, and Canada. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't know about Toronto not wanting to have a NFL team.  They just did not want the Bills as owned by RCW.  With Rogers out of the equation the issue of a NFL stadium is a huge hurdle for them.

@T master
Outrageous contracts to players? 
Shame on you. Football players are destroying their bodies and brains to entertain you and are not even close to fairly compensated. 
Have you ever seen a baseball contract? Basketball? 
Shoot even wrestling, the WWE just gave a 46 year old guy a 3 year 9 million dollar contract to wrestle FIVE times a year. 

Hockey and NFL players are highly underpaid for what happens to their bodies. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Rc2catch said:

@T master
Outrageous contracts to players? 
Shame on you. Football players are destroying their bodies and brains to entertain you and are not even close to fairly compensated. 
Have you ever seen a baseball contract? Basketball? 
Shoot even wrestling, the WWE just gave a 46 year old guy a 3 year 9 million dollar contract to wrestle FIVE times a year. 

Hockey and NFL players are highly underpaid for what happens to their bodies. 

Yeah - but he was retired 9 years ago! Did you hear that pop at the rumble?!

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - but he was retired 9 years ago! Did you hear that pop at the rumble?!

Lol yes, but it was a ridiculous contract just to make sure he didn’t wrestle for a different company. Not like it hurts them to spend but kinda crazy still 

The Bills will do one of three things.

1.  A Nice New Stadium Downtown - Likely (the TailGate City is part of the market research for a limited space tailgate down town)

2.  A Nice New Stadium in OP - Next LIkely

3.  A Major Remodel like in the 500M range of New Era - Less Likely

Either way get ready for major price increases

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Lol yes, but it was a ridiculous contract just to make sure he didn’t wrestle for a different company. Not like it hurts them to spend but kinda crazy still 

Yeah - they've had ticket issues recently so i do think it helps.  He won't always wrestle but putting him on the poster will help sell some tickets.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

The Bills will do one of three things.

1.  A Nice New Stadium Downtown - Likely

2.  A Nice New Stadium in OP - Next LIkely

3.  A Major Remodel like in the 500M range of New Era - Less Likely

#3 is hard because it probably requires buffalo to play elsewhere for a year... where is elsewhere?  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - they've had ticket issues recently so i do think it helps.  He won't always wrestle but putting him on the poster will help sell some tickets.  

#3 is hard because it probably requires buffalo to play elsewhere for a year... where is elsewhere?  

Yep and that is why I don't think it happens.  Where are they going to play Bulls Stadium?

Just now, kota said:

You don't get to be a billionaire by getting "pushed around".  this comes up every year and Terry P always pushes back.  Roger Goodell works for him not the other way around.

Roger Goodell is just being the mouth piece for the 30 (leaving Bengals owner out) other Billionaires

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They play in New Era and the parking gets messed up for a year or two.  The new stadium gets built next to New Era then when complete New Era gets demolished.  This is what was done in the Meadowlands in NJ for the Giants and Jets.  

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep and that is why I don't think it happens.  Where are they going to play Bulls Stadium?

Roger Goodell is just being the mouth piece for the 30 (leaving Bengals owner out) other Billionaires

29.  Green Bay does not have a billionaire owner.  32 minus Pegs, Cincy, and GB leaves 29.

Edited by RochesterRob