Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

15 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not surprised, but the Lamar bashing is getting old. We have the better QB no need to be concerned about other teams players.

Agreed.

Jackson far surpassed how good I thought he would be. I do think his ceiling has been reached but.....I was wrong once before with this kid so who knows?

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not surprised, but the Lamar bashing is getting old. We have the better QB no need to be concerned about other teams players.

Yeah! Let’s get back to how we “traded” Mahomes!    

That NEVER gets old!!!

:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah! Let’s get back to how we “traded” Mahomes!    

That NEVER gets old!!!

:)

Not to beat a dead horse, but I remember arguing with jrober on BBMB on how good Mahomes was going to be, all the while he told me Air Raid QB's suck and Mahomes is just another Big 12 OB who is going to be a bust.

I wanted the Bills to take Mahomes at 10 and everybody on BBMB was bashing me.

But I do think the Bills made the right decision not going after Mahomes because the Bills entire offense needed to be replaced at the time and a QB in 2017 wasn't the right move with the "supposed" supreme QB class of 2018 coming up.

Point is, I always thought Mahomes was going to be a great QB while every else is a Johnny Come Lately and are killing the Bills for not taking Mahomes........ looking at from 20/20 hindsight.

Ok, we move on  now. ?

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I remember arguing with jrober on BBMB on how good Mahomes was going to be, all the while he told me Air Raid QB's suck and Mahomes is just another Big 12 OB who is going to be a bust.

I wanted the Bills to take Mahomes at 10 and everybody on BBMB was bashing me.

But I do think the Bills made the right decision not going after Mahomes because the Bills entire offense needed to be replaced at the time and a QB in 2017 wasn't the right move with the "supposed" supreme QB class of 2018 coming up.

Point is, I always thought Mahomes was going to be a great QB while every else is a Johnny Come Lately and are killing the Bills for not taking Mahomes........ looking at from 20/20 hindsight.

Ok, we move on  now. ?

My most sincere apologies........to everyone else. I was hoping we were beyond that, or I wouldn’t have joked about it. I promise! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

My most sincere apologies........to everyone else. I was hoping we were beyond that, or I wouldn’t have joked about it. I promise! 

Not a big deal.

But, unfortunately, this Mahomes/Bills debate will NEVER die until Allen and McDermott win a SB.

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

Not a big deal.

But, unfortunately, this Mahomes/Bills debate will NEVER die until Allen and McDermott win a SB.

I think grown ups can understand the context and get over it sooner, but maybe that’s just me. I won’t let it burn a hole in my gut. We “missed” on Brady, Wilson, etc and so did 31 other teams.   Moving on! Looking in the rear view mirror is not my favorite way to go thru life. Look enough to learn, then move on. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think grown ups can understand the context and get over it sooner, but maybe that’s just me. I won’t let it burn a hole in my gut. we “missed” on Brady, Wilson and so many others. So did most other teams.  Moving on! Looking in the rear view mirror is not my favorite way to go thru life. Look enough to learn, then move on. 

Let's hope more of us can move on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

OMG, the guy who just turned 23 this month hasn’t even made the AFCCG yet?  

Correct.    He’s 0-2 in playoff games.  

You and the other Jackson fanboys that talked our heads off all season long can hold that L.   

Ole Tannyhill smoked his boots when the games mattered.    Enjoy rooting for him while trolling a Bills site next season too. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 2

Lamar and Greg Roman was an awesome pairing this season.  They certainly brought the best out of each other and Lamar should be league MVP - not so much because he can hit targets in a skills competition, but because the defenders rarely can hit him.

A Lamar/Roman offense would have been fun here, but we already had a less good version of that offense a few years back.  I'm happy watching the Bills develop a top-flight quarterback of their own.  There was a picture of the Bills draft board floating around in 2018 and "Wyoming" was their #1.  If there was to be a re-draft today, I think the Bills would still have Allen at #1, and if so, I can't blame them.

39 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Ok, so you are a fan and watch him.

Does he change plays at the line of scrimmage on his own when he see what the D is running?

I'm a Bills fan. I simply observe other teams. Jackson has limitations and I'm not sure that his style of play is sustainable, but the idea that he's been "figured out" because he's 0-2 in the playoffs seems......premature. He's a good player. Put up like 500 yards of offense in the loss. How would you compare his success to Allen's? Just sayin. 

23 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

giphy.gif

Some do, others do not deny the talent of Mahomes or the skill it took Lamar to achieve what he has achieved.

Is it sustainable is probably a better question to ask than to say the talent is not there now to move an offense. Mahomes is sharp, can read defenses, throw every pass, and moves enough to create opportunities to extend plays and when needed he can throw off-platform with good touch. I think he has everything to sustain a pretty high-level of QB play for a long time as long as he can stay healthy which goes for any NFL player.

I have no illusions about Allen and he is not there yet, but I do like how Daboll has forced him to continue to learn to read defenses and play QB from the sticks back to the LOS. His starts in his first season were pretty much sandlot football from the get-go. Perhaps that was not so much out of choice as the o-line held up like a wet paper bag as soon as the ball was snapped, but a habit that has fed the hero-ball that will need to be purged from his game.

It will be interesting to see how these two young QBs trend over time - I would not toss the towel on either of them, but clearly different approaches to grooming them for the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm a Bills fan. I simply observe other teams. Jackson has limitations and I'm not sure that his style of play is sustainable, but the idea that he's been "figured out" because he's 0-2 in the playoffs seems......premature. He's a good player. Put up like 500 yards of offense in the loss. How would you compare his success to Allen's? Just sayin. 

Lamar has peaked and Allen is getting better and will continue to get better. As a Bills fan I want that to happen. As someone who has watched and been around football for a long time I know that. 
I have asked repeatedly if Lamar can audible at the LOS. Nobody can answer me that. I am beginning to think he has not or does so very infrequently. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

Not a big deal.

So you’re telling us will have to put up with this debate until the next SB ??? 

Go Bills !!!!!

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Lamar has peaked and Allen is getting better and will continue to get better. As a Bills fan I want that to happen. As someone who has watched and been around football for a long time I know that. 
I have asked repeatedly if Lamar can audible at the LOS. Nobody can answer me that. I am beginning to think he has not or does so very infrequently. 

I agree with you on Allen I think he’s just scratched the surface , hopefully he’ll get at two more LEGIT WEAPONS to work with  & I think sky is the limit !!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:28 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....could very well be the next RG II 5/8 or Kaep, both who hit the limelight hard, but were eventually figured out by opposing DC's....think the Watson kid has skill set to become better balanced.....Wilson is just....Wilson......guy has honed his skills and craft exponentially......

The sad thing about Watson is, that if he were the one actually running the Baltimore attack, that would be dangerous, and truly a legit threat because unlike Lamar, Watson is a good passer.  I think some of the know on Watson coming out of Clemson was that he'd have some turnover issues, and wasn't the fastest study or all that good or quick at going through progressions.  I think some of that has shown up in the pros, but he's way better than I, or many thought, and he is being wasted by Bill Obrien, insisting that he be a classic pocket passing type.  ......wich he is good at, but why force a guy to be one dimensional, when he has 2 dimensions? 

Think of Allen in a scheme where they only let him be a drop back passer, and forbid the guy to run......that's what they do to Watson in Houston.

• Like (+1) 1