Lamar Jackson scores 2 points in the Precision Passing Pro-Bowl Skills Competition.

Fingon

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Too bad the NFL is more than a competition standing around throwing the ball at targets or how far you can throw it. 

Love how if someone posted Allen completion % folks would be all over how there is more to it than that, etc. Yet Jackson the league MVP does bad in target practice and its he sucks, next year will be different etc. Guy still completed 66% of his passes so obviously he can hit targets in a real game setting. 

Strawman argument. Nobody is arguing that. And nobody said he sucks.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

And then they had Jarvis Landry do it. Why the heck is he competing in the passing portion? He sucked too (obviously), but at least he scored more than Jackson.

I heard that Jarvis has been to 5 straight pro bowls. What!? No way he deserves that.

In the last 5 seasons Landry's worst year is 81 catches for 976 yards 

He also had 112 and 110 catch years in that span

It's probably because he is a volume catcher

Edited by Buffalo716

37 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

people ARE right about him.

Time will bear that out.

I get your point, and history indicates that Jackson’s style of play won’t last long in the NFL. I wouldn’t bet money on him being a franchise QB for years, but I also wouldn’t bet against it. The league is changing, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Brady no longer dominate the AFC. There is an opening for QB’s to be successful. Mahomes is in a league of his own, and everyone below him has an opportunity to lead a successful team. 

I think it's likely we already saw Jackson's best season. His injury potential combined with an increased ability in defenses shutting down the Ravens run game as they learn more. Part of what made this year so special for him is also what puts a ceiling on him. When you have those athletic skills you don't learn progressions. A Russell Wilson type is about as extreme with mobility as you can be while still developing pocket skills otherwise you just always default to running. Vick was about the closest thing to Lamar we have seen. He did develop his pocket game more after he was reinstated by the league after his athletic skills declined to human levels. 

Edited by KzooMike

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

In the last 5 seasons Landry's worst year is 81 catches for 976 yards 

And that's pretty close to his best too. He's pretty consistently an above average receiver. Not pro bowl worthy.

In 2018 he was 22nd in receiving yards. Tied for 63rd in TD's. Is that Pro Bowl material?

In 2019 he was 10th in receiving yards. Tied for 24th in TD's. Is that Pro Bowl material?

There are scores of guys who should be getting in over him.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Guess it’s a good thing Jackson’s a pro football player and not a pro obstacle course runner or whatever that BS was. Let’s worry about our own QB.

I think I'll talk about whatever player I want. Being a Bills fans does not mean you can only talk about Bills players.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep, which is why things will get more difficult for him. Receivers and TE's were schemed open for him. Defenses are going to figure that out and force him to play QB. He better hope he improves as a passer or continues to dominate running the ball.

He'll never have a running/passing statistical year like this again. He will be forced to throw out of the pocket and you'll see the Lamar phenomenon diminish slowly each year. If the Bill's want to hurdle over anyone in the AFC, they need to focus on Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Guess it’s a good thing Jackson’s a pro football player and not a pro obstacle course runner or whatever that BS was. Let’s worry about our own QB.

When our own QB can't hit the broad side of a barn in a no-rush "skills challenge" I'll start worrying fo' sho!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He'll never have a running/passing statistical year like this again. He will be forced to throw out of the pocket and you'll see the Lamar phenomenon diminish slowly each year. If the Bill's want to hurdle over anyone in the AFC, they need to focus on Mahomes. 

Mahomes is the MVP and will be for a long time. I agree.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well he certainly didn’t play good in the playoff game, he had 500 total yards and Baltimore was in Tennessee’s territory 9 times I believe.   It’s not like they were shutting him down.  

Didn't he throw it like 59 times and had to run it 20 times to get those yards?  Also had 3 turnovers.  Seems like the Titans had a plan to contain him and "not break" on D to make up for their offense not being able to put up points without turnovers.  He had something like a total 6.3 yards per play which is NOT great for a hyper mobile MVP QB against the 6th seed.

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I get your point, and history indicates that Jackson’s style of play won’t last long in the NFL. I wouldn’t bet money on him being a franchise QB for years, but I also wouldn’t bet against it. The league is changing, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Brady no longer dominate the AFC. There is an opening for QB’s to be successful. Mahomes is in a league of his own, and everyone below him has an opportunity to lead a successful team. 

The league is changing but I don't think it's really changing toward what Lamar does more what Mahomes is and Josh Allen is trying to be. A QB that can hurt you scrambling and on a few designed runs but also hurt you with his arm.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I believe QB's can improve and adapt. Jackson can as well. We'll see if he is successful with it or not.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think I'll talk about whatever player I want. Being a Bills fans does not mean you can only talk about Bills players.

so sensitive. Hey if everyone wants to have a laugh at the league MVP because he failed the double dare physical challenge be my guest. 

• Haha (+1) 1