The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

To be expected from a "wartime president" who is dismantling the COVID task force in the middle of the fight (for obvious political reasons).  Mission accomplished!

Odd. We had been informed, not that many posts ago, that the task force was being dismantled.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Hedge said:

Odd. We had been informed, not that many posts ago, that the task force was being dismantled.

Because Trump said that yesterday #DeepState boy.

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Trump flip flopped.  As usual.  Blame him. 

EXVzhX4U4AE3vs8?format=png&name=large

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Trump flip flopped.  As usual.  Blame him. 

So, instead of being glad the task force remains all you do is cast more blame. POTUS has turned so many of you into pretzels.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't blame Cuomo, and I do not blame Trump. I blame China. 

China unleashed this contagious virus on an unsuspecting world. China lied to the world. China continues to lie about this virus they unleashed. Chine refuses to take any blame for this Wuhan virus, in fact China and their flying monkeys (the "msm") tried to blame Canada, then the US,  and finally Europe.  China is responsible for the misery and death we have been experiencing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The New York Times reports: “Rural towns that one month ago were unscathed are suddenly hot spots for the virus. It is rampaging through nursing homes, meatpacking plants and prisons, killing the medically vulnerable and the poor, and new outbreaks keep emerging in grocery stores, Walmarts or factories, an ominous harbinger of what a full reopening of the economy will bring.” And it’s not just big cities in red states. “Smaller towns and rural counties in the Midwest and South have suddenly been hit hard, underscoring the capriciousness of the pandemic.”

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Is he referring to the tests that are yielding false positives and false positives or are there new tests available?

Per capita, we are not even close to performing the most tests. Then again, if you can't depend on the results, who cares?

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Didn't mean to disturb you. 

It's not that you disturbed me, I didn't cite the German study.  Also, candidly, I attempted to interact with you previously, answered some questions you posed and you chose not to respond.  When I asked again, you chose not to respond.  That's perfectly fine, of course, but given your posting history of insults, innuendo and half/no truths, it just seemed odd that you would inquire of me as to whom the leader of Germany is.  Everyone knows it's Werner Klemperer.

In summary, if you're interested in lobbying insults throwing out questions and ignoring the follow up, there's nothing to be gained for either of us.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hedge said:

So, instead of being glad the task force remains all you do is cast more blame. POTUS has turned so many of you into pretzels.

Who said anything about being happy or unhappy about it?  The zig-zagging is the issue.  The political wind blows this guy all over the place, which is kind of a problem for a "wartime president" mired public health and economic crises. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

He certainly has. A natural result when one man takes both sides on so many topics. Remember when Conservatives thought that was a bad thing?

The death of logic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

China unleashed this contagious virus on an unsuspecting world. China lied to the world. China continues to lie about this virus they unleashed. Chine refuses to take any blame for this Wuhan virus, in fact China and their flying monkeys (the "msm") tried to blame Canada, then the US,  and finally Europe.  China is responsible for the misery and death we have been experiencing. 

Buffalo Gal has never heard of mitigation of damages. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Then why did Trump repeatedly praise China's efforts and transparency before the virus came to America?

We know it wasn't a mistake because he's  never made one.

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The New York Times reports: “Rural towns that one month ago were unscathed are suddenly hot spots for the virus. It is rampaging through nursing homes, meatpacking plants and prisons, killing the medically vulnerable and the poor, and new outbreaks keep emerging in grocery stores, Walmarts or factories, an ominous harbinger of what a full reopening of the economy will bring.” And it’s not just big cities in red states. “Smaller towns and rural counties in the Midwest and South have suddenly been hit hard, underscoring the capriciousness of the pandemic.”

Fake news. It's a hoax.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Is he referring to the tests that are yielding false positives and false positives or are there new tests available?

Per capita, we are not even close to performing the most tests. Then again, if you can't depend on the results, who cares?

Oh sure. Now you're against the popular vote.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Then why did Trump repeatedly praise China's efforts and transparency before the virus came to America?

We know it wasn't a mistake because he's  never made one.

Because at that point in time there was no reason to suspect misinformation and no data from other countries to check it against? Because making positive public statements about another country that has a strained relationship with the US is the definition of anti-inflammatory?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Because at that point in time there was no reason to suspect misinformation and no data from other countries to check it against? Because making positive public statements about another country that has a strained relationship with the US is the definition of anti-inflammatory?

I always used to wonder why the Son of Sam killer wasn't arrested before the evidence of his guilt was uncovered.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

We are testing at higher per capita rate in our hotspots than any country in the world - and have been for awhile. We are testing exactly where the testing is needed the most - and increasing our testing in all other areas of the country every day. As a country, to have conducted testing at a higher per capita rate than any other country would mean we would have had to test 13-14 million people so far. I think that is a little unreasonable. We have conducted over 7 million tests. there is only one other country that has tested more than 2.5 million and that's Russia with 4.5 million

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

We are testing at higher per capita rate in our hotspots than any country in the world - and have been for awhile. We are testing exactly where the testing is needed the most - and increasing our testing in all other areas of the country every day. As a country, to have conducted testing at a higher per capita rate than any other country would mean we would have had to test 13-14 million people so far. I think that is a little unreasonable. We have conducted over 7 million tests. there is only one other country that has tested more than 2.5 million and that's Russia with 4.5 million

Until you have confidence that you're identifying outbreaks in near-real-time and tracing the contacts of those infected people, testing is inadequate. When someone feels sick and schedules a test, and gets those results a few days later, you're 8 days late. If you cut that to 3 days too late, you might be able to control outbreaks. 

As it is, governors are giving up on meeting the Trump guidelines track/test requirements. We will have to accept the increased cases and deaths that will inevitably follow. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Oh sure. Now you're against the popular vote.

Blissful ignorance on math. Up the clorox intake and call me in the morning. 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No, it's because he always talks even if he has no clue.

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I always used to wonder why the Son of Sam killer wasn't arrested before the evidence of his guilt was uncovered.

I don't recall anyone praising the Son of Sam before they knew who he was.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Until you have confidence that you're identifying outbreaks in near-real-time and tracing the contacts of those infected people, testing is inadequate. When someone feels sick and schedules a test, and gets those results a few days later, you're 8 days late. If you cut that to 3 days too late, you might be able to control outbreaks. 

As it is, governors are giving up on meeting the Trump guidelines track/test requirements. We will have to accept the increased cases and deaths that will inevitably follow. 

That wasn't the point I was responding to.

8 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It isn't the least bit unreasonable for two major reasons. Trump was late to the party and never laid down a federal policy, choosing instead to allow multiple entities to create their own faulty tests. If testing isn't done with a standard test and worthless tests, the whole process is worthless.

Since Trump said  he has no responsibility, it's not shocking how it's played out.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Can you share that video of Fauci?

The testing point billsfan1959 is that once this achieved uncontrolled community spread, testing was never going to be adequate until we either dropped actual cases to be so low as to be minimal (that's not happening) or rapid-tests were widely available (not yet available in numbers needed). So as we reopen and cases increase, the shutdown did not get us to control but only gave us a couple months to increase PPE supplies.

That makes the shutdown look like something we could have avoided with better planning. If the shutdown remained until we could really follow the Trump guidelines, it would have accomplished something really good. As it stands, we shut down with a very limited health benefit and to great harm to the economy.

The shutdown is looking more and more like a terrible decision. 

Edited by shoshin

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I don't recall anyone praising the Son of Sam before they knew who he was.

You keep going on about positive statements Trump made about China in January. What has your panties in such a bunch? That the President would say China is cooperating and doing all they can regarding the virus when that is the exact stance the WHO had at that point - and was pretty much the conduit between China and the world? That the president would be saying positive things when as late as 23 January there were literally a small number of cases outside of China, no deaths - and the WHO reporting that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China?

Once it started spreading world wide on a large scale and it became apparent that China and the WHO mislead the entire world, he no longer had anything positive to say about China.

This is classic you: Latch onto some inconsequential point, twist it beyond anything recognizable as the truth, and spew it in post after post

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Can you share that video of Fauci?

The testing point billsfan1959 is that once this achieved uncontrolled community spread, testing was never going to be adequate until we either dropped actual cases to be so low as to be minimal (that's not happening) or rapid-tests were widely available (not yet available in numbers needed). So as we reopen and cases increase, the shutdown did not get us to control but only gave us a couple months to increase PPE supplies.

That makes the shutdown look like something we could have avoided with better planning. If the shutdown remained until we could really follow the Trump guidelines, it would have accomplished something really good. As it stands, we shut down with a very limited health benefit and to great harm to the economy.

The shutdown is looking more and more like a terrible decision. 

I completely agree, shoshin. However, none of these are points I was addressing - other than the issue of what would be reasonable to expect regarding the type of testing and magnitude of testing at any given point during this process. And, when it comes to that point, the extremity of one's position (not you) seems to be commensuratre with one's level of hate for Trump.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You keep going on about positive statements Trump made about China in January. What has your panties in such a bunch? That the President would say China is cooperating and doing all they can regarding the virus when that is the exact stance the WHO had at that point - and was pretty much the conduit between China and the world? That the president would be saying positive things when as late as 23 January there were literally a small number of cases outside of China, no deaths - and the WHO reporting that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China?

Once it started spreading world wide on a large scale and it became apparent that China and the WHO mislead the entire world, he no longer had anything positive to say about China.

This is classic you: Latch onto some inconsequential point, twist it beyond anything recognizable as the truth, and spew it in post after post

Ayup.  The weather vane is incredible.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Sounds like Joe in Winslow and those that scream Commie, here.

I love the fact that you're so incapable of comprehending anything other that the noises in your head that you literally respond to his post by proving his point.

Don't ever change, Kemp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

It should scare everyone if what should be a medical decision becomes a political decision, no matter the political leaning, but it’s not working that way today in America and that's because a segment of the population believes more in rantings than science.

This from the guy who continues to post that an Arizona couple got duped by Trump into ingesting fish tank cleaner when it is now suspected that the wife slipped it into his smoothie and then took a smaller amount herself. You might want to just shut up about this case, especially when you already know your version is false. It's amazing how you Lefties latch on to something and never let it go, regardless of new evidence.It's almost like you guys just don't want to learn new things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I completely agree, shoshin. However, none of these are points I was addressing - other than the issue of what would be reasonable to expect regarding the type of testing and magnitude of testing at any given point during this process. And, when it comes to that point, the extremity of one's position (not you) seems to be commensuratre with one's level of hate for Trump.

25 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The very simple point is that when Trump says someting, he is often either lying or doesn't know if what he is saying is true. That has been proven over and over. This is just another example.

That so many of you deny that he lies so much of the time is a tribute to ignoring reality.

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I love the fact that you're so incapable of comprehending anything other that the noises in your head that you literally respond to his post by proving his point.

Don't ever change, Kemp. 

He proved my point when he said something wasn't true. Then he admitted he never read it and began insulting. That's how your team deals with facts, which makes sense since you are members of a cult.

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This from the guy who continues to post that an Arizona couple got duped by Trump into ingesting fish tank cleaner when it is now suspected that the wife slipped it into his smoothie and then took a smaller amount herself. You might want to just shut up about this case, especially when you already know your version is false. It's amazing how you Lefties latch on to something and never let it go, regardless of new evidence.It's almost like you guys just don't want to learn new things.

I confess I hadn't heard that. Do you have proof posted after this linked article?

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-no-homicide-death-man-ingested-chloroquine-20200429-3xktpqchlrhgrhfh7rgt5kcjk4-story.html

51 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Blissful ignorance on math. Up the clorox intake and call me in the morning. 

?? Condescending to me about Math hilariously ironic.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Cuomo and DiBlasio have a great deal of responsibility for the poor initial response and preparedness. Cuomo chose to not obtain ventilators in 2015 when a good deal was offered him. He instead tasked a committee to come up with a protocol for rationing the use of the ones they had in a pandemic, basically deciding who was going to die. DiBlasio sold off ventilators for pennies on the dollar from the NYC stockpile. They both were tardy in closing down the City and State and foolishly encouraged people to keep on keeping on. With that said, yes China is absolutely at fault for the origin of the virus, hiding it from the rest of the world and scooping up as much PPE as they could. They deserve to pay a heavy price for their biological warfare. It may have not have started that way but they made the conscious decision to turn it into that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

China is absolutely at fault for the origin of the virus, hiding it from the rest of the world and scooping up as much PPE as they could. 

Unreal Trump the great negotiator was tricked into sending loads of PPE to China.