The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. 

Me too DR. On all 3.    Like the picture on all together. That's great man!

Some good news on my niece.  On my sister facebook. Posted.

Today was a good visit, got to talk to and hold her hand. Her heart is now syncing between the atria and ventricular parts of the heart. She was also moved to a regular ventilator as her body is slowly starting to take back control.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 9

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Today was a good visit, got to talk to and hold her hand. Her heart is now syncing between the atria and ventricular parts of the heart. She was also moved to a regular ventilator as her body is slowly starting to take back control.

That's great! Love to hear that. Hear's to hoping it only gets better from here. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's great! Love to hear that. Hear's to hoping it only gets better from here. :beer: 

Right on man thanks. Was worried about the ECMO.  60 to 70 perfect survive without like 20-25 percent. Thank goodness for that. Didn't like the numbers for chance. But she's tough going thru at 5. Can not imagine to go thru that. 

Really enjoying Donald Trump press conference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He had a call with the banks (that was televised) earlier today about the SBA loans (grants). I wonder if there will be questions about that?

That process is an unsurprising cluster*****. 

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Big jump in deaths today. Going to be more than 50% higher than any other day so far in the US. Could double by the time the day ends. Already at 1900. 

*****! ?

Edited by Q-baby!

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Very good news on your niece.  Wishing her a quick recovery from the surgery.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Very good news on your niece.  Wishing her a quick recovery from the surgery.

Thanks man.  Hoping soon off from ventilator. Next step in recovery for her.  Hoping everything goes good. 

Ya keep reading ECMO helping lots people covid19 people out. Heard pretty expensive tho. 5,000 to 10,000 a day. Or more   some places higher. Reading online. Helped lots of people in USA as well as Japan looks like has lots of them ECMO. Helping lots of people out. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Texas Tribune blows the lid off: Doctor who prescribed hydroxychloroquine is a member of the RNC (and black)

patrick-stewart-facepalm-new.jpg

As we’ve observed, the new narrative in the mainstream media and among Democrats is to argue that hydroxychloroquine is an untested drug and that President Trump talking it up during his daily press briefings essentially makes him guilty of involuntary manslaughter because some woman gave her husband fish-tank solvent, which isn’t even the same chemical.

The Texas Tribune is really down on the use of hydroxychloroquine to treat patients with the COVID-19 virus and notes that one doctor (of literally tens of thousands who are prescribing it around the globe) who prescribed it for his patients is … a member of the RNC and on the advisory board of Black Voices for Trump. “The physician and nursing home medical director who prescribed the drug is a campaign surrogate for President Donald Trump,” reads the sub-head.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As we’ve observed, the new narrative in the mainstream media and among Democrats is to argue that hydroxychloroquine is an untested drug

It is untested for use with this virus, and that's an absolute fact, unless you consider one doctor giving it to 30 people 'testing'.  If this 'journalist' sent this article back to his college professor, I'd hope he'd expect an F.  Maybe next time instead of calling out others for what they're saying, he'll just skip right to the part where he proves that their arguments are not factual.  

In 1988 I had the flu that became pneumonia .  The hospital here was full and sent me home. If you laid down it was like drowning so to sleep sitting up in the lazy boy worked. This covid 19 is far more worse then pneumonia. At my age I don't think I would accept going on a ventilator unless I could be unconscious the whole time. Not being able to breathe is the ultimate disaster. I feel so sad for anyone on a ventilator and there is too many right now.

• Like (+1) 2

"I don’t take responsibility at all,” said President Donald Trump in the Rose Garden on March 13. Those words will probably end up as the epitaph of his presidency, the single sentence that sums it all up.

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault.

For three years, Trump has blathered and bluffed and bullied his way through an office for which he is utterly inadequate. But sooner or later, every president must face a supreme test, a test that cannot be evaded by blather and bluff and bullying. That test has overwhelmed Trump.

Trump failed. He is failing. He will continue to fail. And Americans are paying for his failures.

giphy.gif