The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

In 1988 I had the flu that became pneumonia .  The hospital here was full and sent me home. If you laid down it was like drowning so to sleep sitting up in the lazy boy worked. This covid 19 is far more worse then pneumonia. At my age I don't think I would accept going on a ventilator unless I could be unconscious the whole time. Not being able to breathe is the ultimate disaster. I feel so sad for anyone on a ventilator and there is too many right now.

If you make it to the ventilator stage of this, your survival odds are 50%. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Instead of saying all that, why doesn't he just say "hey, as President, I am going to make sure the United States ends its commitment to the WHO" and really send the shot?

Why pull punches, which is what he's doing there?

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Instead of saying all that, why doesn't he just say "hey, as President, I am going to make sure the United States ends its commitment to the WHO" and really send the shot?

There is more to the good the WHO does than what happened here with COVID. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If you make it to the ventilator stage of this, your survival odds are 50%. 

Being on life support with a  tube down your throat is very scary  to say the least. If  i had to stay awake thru that I would say no , just heavy sedate me and let me go and I'm Catholic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He likes to jab before hitting them with the right cross. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He’s making a statement to the swamp about who’s paying their salaries. Nothing wrong with that all. It’s really a breath of fresh air injected into these money sucking organizations. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, shoshin said:

There is more to the good the WHO does than what happened here with COVID. 

If the ####ing WHO wouldn't have been carrying the CCP's water for them, how many THOUSANDS of people wouldn't be dead right now?

If the ####ing WHO hadn't been either liars or dupes, how many $T's wouldn't have been pissed down the crapper in the past month?

#### their hypocritical ####ing leader that won't even acknowledge the existence of Taiwan.

One ####ing oops costs a hundred attaboys.  How ####ing far is their balance sheet now in the red?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

"I don’t take responsibility at all,” said President Donald Trump in the Rose Garden on March 13. Those words will probably end up as the epitaph of his presidency, the single sentence that sums it all up.

That the pandemic occurred is not Trump’s fault. The utter unpreparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault. The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault. The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March? That fault is more widely shared, but again, responsibility rests with Trump: He could have stopped it, and he did not.

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault.

For three years, Trump has blathered and bluffed and bullied his way through an office for which he is utterly inadequate. But sooner or later, every president must face a supreme test, a test that cannot be evaded by blather and bluff and bullying. That test has overwhelmed Trump.

Trump failed. He is failing. He will continue to fail. And Americans are paying for his failures.

giphy.gif

It's still terrifying that you indoctrinate children. I wish you had succeeded at what you actually wanted to be when you went to college.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I wish you had succeeded at what you actually wanted to be when you went to college.

Appreciate the concern, but I'm one of those rare lucky people who knew his career path when he was a Freshman in High School.

Never changed and never wavered. Worked hard to earn both my undergraduate then Master's degree in 5 years total.

Love my job. Incredibly rewarding. 

I'm doing damn well.

Thanks for your wish, it was just utterly unnecessary.

Use it on something meaningful, like this Pandemic ending.:beer:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Use it on something meaningful, like this Pandemic ending.:beer:

Or, say, looking to criticize or place blame in every single post...ad nauseam

And somehow never actually coming up with an original thought of your own

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Or, say, looking to criticize or place blame in every single post...ad nauseam

And somehow never actually coming up with an original thought of your own

Interesting how so many in the cult use that and how often. Do you clowns have some kind of guide book? You couldn’t fit in a “dishonest” anywhere in there? ???

9 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Interesting how so many in the cult use that and how often. Do you clowns have some kind of guide book? You couldn’t fit in a “dishonest” anywhere in there? ???

Zero deaths, Q.  Just stick to that because it's the best ya gots.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

President Donald Trump on Tuesday threatened to freeze U.S. funding to the World Health Organization, saying the international group had “missed the call” on the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump also played down the release of January memos from a senior adviser that represented an early warning of a possible coronavirus pandemic, saying he had not seen them at the time.

Trump continued on Tuesday to defend his actions in the early days of the crisis. He played down memos written by Peter Navarro, a senior White House adviser, that were made public this week. In the late January memos, the most direct warning as yet uncovered in the upper levels of the Trump administration, Navarro warned that the coronavirus crisis could cost the United States trillions of dollars and put millions of Americans at risk of illness or death.

Trump said Tuesday that he was not aware of the memos back in January

The two memos — one dated Jan. 29 and circulated to White House staff and the other dated Feb. 23 and addressed to Trump — warned that the coronavirus outbreak in China could ultimately kill more than half a million Americans and cost nearly $6 trillion, according to several reports.

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon told The Post Navarro felt he had no option but to write the memos as infighting between two White House camps broke out over how to handle the COVID-19 outbreak, delaying the administration’s response.

It took more than a month for the government to impose travel restrictions after learning of the outbreak —  Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow were concerned about the economic fallout of banning travelers from China, Reuters reported on Sunday.

So much of Donald Trump's ineptitude as President has been this notion that "Acting ________" is a good title because people somehow do their jobs better under pressure and he could easily use his trademark "you're fired!" If it's not working out.

Except that idiot doesn't realize how impossible some of these jobs of EXTREME national importance are when you're always thinking "how do I spin this to make the boss happier so I don't get fired?" or "maybe I will just keep this bad news to myself."

From Mick Mulvaney to Steve Bannon to... ALL these people Trump hires who his base might cast blame on (as Trump either already has or inevitably will)...

IT'S HIS GODDAMN FAULT!!!!

Can't wait til November when we get this jackass out of office. I just wish it were sooner. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan