The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, meazza said:

Some are.  

I've yet to see anyone argue the virus isn't real. Or that people haven't died. I've seen plenty of people reasonably question the actual lethality of it and the way data has been collected in the moment. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Spin: "DON'T GO OUTSIDE! YOU'LL DIE!"

Reality: Sunshine is the best disinfectant. 

Unfortunately, Seattle has seen more sunshine than NYC this spring :(

That's why everyone rushed to the parks this weekend for the first sunny & warm day in weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

If anyone is whistling past the graveyard, it's the people who refuse to look at the overall rise in death rates while still calming CV19 is no more deadly than the flu. 

You're still ignoring the fact that the media is lying to you. 24/7. Not to keep you informed, but to keep you controlled. 

What controls people better than fear? Nothing. It's their oldest trick, which is why they keep using it. Questioning this, pointing this out, is our job as free people. Ignoring it, as you are, is how they keep you under their thumb.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're still ignoring the fact that the media is lying to you. 24/7. Not to keep you informed, but to keep you controlled. 

What controls people better than fear? Nothing. It's their oldest trick, which is why they keep using it. Questioning this, pointing this out, is our job as free people. Ignoring it, as you are, is how they keep you under their thumb.

Sorry bro. The media does not control me. You're talking to a fictitious character you've built up in your head. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Sorry bro. The media does not control me. You're talking to a fictitious character you've built up in your head. 

Yet, you haven't addressed it other than to scoff at it. 

I'm thinking you're not as awake as you think you are. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've yet to see anyone argue the virus isn't real. Or that people haven't died. I've seen plenty of people reasonably question the actual lethality of it and the way data has been collected in the moment. 

Dante.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yet, you haven't addressed it other than to scoff at it. 

I'm thinking you're not as awake as you think you are. 

When I was about 12, out trick or treating on Halloween,  a local news crew was setup at my neighbor's house. They held us back and then cued us to run to the door and ring the bell. They told us to watch the news at 11pm.

When we watched the segment, they reported "Live from ...". 

All my illusions that the media exists as a truth telling institutions were shattered right then and there. 

I guess I'd be more concerned with the media's portrayal of the virus if there weren't armed men flying confederate flags occupying state capitals comparing stay at home orders to the Final Solution. 

The virus is real. Rational people can disagree about the what they think the best course of action is. But there's a whole lot of irrationality at play, and dangerous people screaming about civil war. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

When I was about 12, out trick or treating on Halloween,  a local news crew was setup at my neighbor's house. They held us back and then cued us to run to the door and ring the bell. They told us to watch the news at 11pm.

When we watched the segment, they reported "Live from ...". 

All my illusions that the media exists as a truth telling institutions were shattered right then and there. 

I guess I'd be more concerned with the media's portrayal of the virus if there weren't armed men flying confederate flags. occupying state capitals comparing stay at home orders to the Final Solution. 

Thank you for proving my point. :lol: 

Go back to sleep now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thank you for proving my point. :lol: 

Go back to sleep now.

The virus is real. Rational people can disagree about the what they think the best course of action is. But there's a whole lot of irrationality at play, and dangerous people screaming about civil war. 

• Haha (+1) 1

You literally are citing fake/sensationalized media coverage which is designed to create division, fear, and panic -- as proof that you are fully awake and not under the media's spell. 

You proved my point. And still are with the more you pull out batshit crazy media theories as if they were fact. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Here's some of your rational people...thugs with tanks and guns drawn  because of an open bar.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

And I could see hospitals attributing deaths to covid 19 when it wasn't the cause too. There are tools to reality check, as it were. The daily death rate in NYC is 300% more than normal. And in many parts of the country, the daily death rate is 30%-60% higher than normal.

I mean, maybe it's all part of the globalist, Bill Gates / George Soros grand jewish conspiracy... But the truth is probably that NYC has the highest death rate because it had the highest infection rate, and it had the highest infection rate because more infected people traveld there sooner than any other place in the country. 

The math says that it takes the same amount of time for 1 infected person to infect 1,000 people as it takes 1,000 people to infect 100,000 people. And as much time for 100,000 people to infect 100,000,000 people as it take 1 person to infect 1,000 people...

The lockdown went into effect around the same time in many places, and a lot of those regions were a month behind the total # of infections that NYC had. And there's a lot of people who won't believe something is real until it effects them personally. 

I don't get my news from CBS. And if CBS and CNN have agendas and turn out BS journalism, it doesn't prove that coronavirus is BS too. Two things can be true at the same time. CBS and CNN can lie for their own purposes, and corona virus can be a real pandemic. It's not mutually exclusive. 

You know, that is some extrapolation. No one is saying people have not died of COVID-19. Pretty sure they have. People are saying that of the 70K listed as dying from COVID-19,  it is possible that is not the correct number. The reason for this is the states (and Dr Birx confirmed this) have been listing people as having (with) COVID-19 as dying from COVID-19. Which could lead to erroneous numbers attributed to COVID-19.

20 minutes ago, meazza said:

Staying inside is one method but were these people washing their hands and being cautious when coming into contact with relatives who haven't been home?

What we are doing to our immune systems being locked down ... SMH. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You know, that is some extrapolation. No one is saying people have not died of COVID-19. Pretty sure they have. People are saying that of the 70K listed as dying from COVID-19,  it is possible that is not the correct number. The reason for this is the states (and Dr Birx confirmed this) have been listing people as having (with) COVID-19 as dying from COVID-19. Which could lead to erroneous numbers attributed to COVID-19.

What we are doing to our immune systems being locked down ... SMH. 

Sunshine is really helpful with this virus. vit D3 (from sun) really helps our immune system.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Here's some of your rational people...thugs with tanks and guns drawn  because of an open bar.

Right, because militarizing the police force has been a wonderful idea! The party of law and order (as as long as it only applies to those people.)

15 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I don't trust anyone screaming right now, though they are the ones making the most noise. 

The majority of people fall into two reasonable groups, whose positions I can sympathize with. One group looking to delay opening up quickly because they want more assurance that this has passed and can still be controlled, or they want to make sure this shutdown is a one-time thing. And there is a group that wants to open faster and trust people to social distance as best they can because they are worried about the long-term consequences of tanking the economy being worse than continued shutdown. 

Both of the above seem reasonable and reasonable people can differ on how to enact policies to achieve them. 

Then there are people who think masks and closures are a slippery slope to a dream of Big Brother utopia. And there are people who think that one death is too many because reopening is driven by corp greed/Trump re-election. 

Those two positions take the oxygen out of this thread.  

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Give another example of the healthy people being shunned. Go.

Being shunned and locked in a closet are your words... But the type of social distancing / quarantine we are implementing now is exactly what they did in 1918. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus/

Just now, Motorin' said:

Being shunned and locked in a closet are your words... But the type of social distancing / quarantine we are implementing now is exactly what they did in 1918. 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/how-cities-flattened-curve-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-coronavirus/

They're not my words. They're the words you disputed. And you were wrong. 

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

And Nazi control. I don't trust anyone screaming right now, though they are the ones making the most noise. 

The majority of people fall into two reasonable groups, whose positions I can sympathize with. One group looking to delay opening up quickly because they want more assurance that this has passed and can still be controlled, or they want to make sure this shutdown is a one-time thing. And there is a group that wants to open faster and trust people to social distance as best they can. 

Both of the above seem reasonable and reasonable people can differ on how to do them. 

Then there are people who think masks and closures are a slippery slope to a dream of Big Brother utopia. And there are people who think that one death is too many because reopening is driven by corp greed/Trump re-election. 

And then there's the group who think this is all engineered by Bill Gates so he can force vaccines on people and murder 1/3 or the planet. True story.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

And then there's the group who think this is all engineered by Bill Gates so he can force vaccines on people and murder 1/3 or the planet. True story.

There you go again -- pushing talking points from the media complex as an excuse not to look any deeper into the very real issues being raised. 

Because you're SOUND asleep. You just don't know it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

Here is why you fail in your analysis:

1) The Spanish flu was very bad for healthy young people and extremely devestating for pregnant women and their unborn children.

2) The Spanish flu was during a period of war therefore most people were probably having a hard time getting food, medicine and water based.

3) The technology differences between 1918 and today are obviously exponentially different.

I heard we burned people during the plague to flatten the curve.  Do you want to do that?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, meazza said:

1) The Spanish flu was very bad for healthy young people and extremely devestating for pregnant women and their unborn children.

2) The Spanish flu was during a period of war therefore most people were probably having a hard time getting food, medicine and water based.

3) The technology differences between 1918 and today are obviously exponentially different.

I heard we burned people during the plague to flatten the curve.  Do you want to do that?

Wow that's awful burning people :( . Ya the Spanish flu was pretty bad. 

To me this covid19 is like a swiss army knife. Can attack in all different ways (using ACE2 all thru out us, many others ways as well). Why so complex in a way. 

I live in a county with about 1M people, so admittedly a large population. I found this interesting and wonder what other people see in their counties. 

The average age of a Covid death in my county is 80.9, call it 81.

That’s more than the average age of death in the US by 2+ years. Crazy. 

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

So when I say that similar social distance measures happened before, that means i want to burn people at the stake. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47691908/the-des-moines-register/ 

The Desmoines Register is also a totally bat ***** crazy unhinged liberal rag when they published this public notice in 1918. 

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I don't trust anyone screaming right now, though they are the ones making the most noise. 

The majority of people fall into two reasonable groups, whose positions I can sympathize with. One group looking to delay opening up quickly because they want more assurance that this has passed and can still be controlled, or they want to make sure this shutdown is a one-time thing. And there is a group that wants to open faster and trust people to social distance as best they can because they are worried about the long-term consequences of tanking the economy being worse than continued shutdown. 

Both of the above seem reasonable and reasonable people can differ on how to enact policies to achieve them. 

Hey, wanna read this NIH study on masks?

I know, I know, it doesn't fit the new world order so the NIH (in 2015) must be sandbagging, buuuut...

Wear you mask if you like. If it isn't a N95 you are simply virtual signaling.

• Like (+1) 1

So when I say that similar social distance measures happened before, that means i want to burn people at the stake. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/47691908/the-des-moines-register/ 

The Desmoines Register is also a totally bat ***** crazy unhinged liberal rag when they published this public notice in 1918. 

Again, comparing 1918 to 2020 is complete logic.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Motorin' said:

You posted that article as evidence that you knew your history -- but what it showed was that your original argument was incorrect. 

Take a beat. Step back. Breathe. And reassess. 

None of this is meant to insult you or attack you. It's meant to wake you up. But that choice is ultimately up to you.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

Burning people at the stake is trying to make a comeback..........................  Any day now Democrats are going to accuse Trump of being a witch (warlock)...........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hey, wanna read this NIH study on masks?

I know, I know, it doesn't fit the new world order so the NIH (in 2015) must be sandbagging, buuuut...

Wear you mask if you like. If it isn't a N95 you are simply virtual signaling.

cloth masks aren't intended to keep you from gettgin sick. They are intended for you to not leave respiratory particles in public spaces if you are sick. And since you can have the virus and have no symptoms, it's not about virtue signally at all. It's about giving a ***** about other people. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

cloth masks aren't intended to keep you from gettgin sick. They are intended for you to not leave respiratory particles in public spaces if you are sick. And since you can have the virus and have no symptoms, it's not about virtue signally at all. It's about giving a ***** about other people. 

You sure about that? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

I don't give a ***** about you.  :)

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Again, comparing 1918 to 2020 is complete logic.

What are you talking about. Some self described deranged Rhino made the claim that social we've never had polices like this before. We have.