The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

If keeps going as well worried about medication and oxygen. Especially for whole world if keep going. :( 

https://nbcmontana.com/news/nation-world/us-reports-first-drug-shortage-tied-to-virus-outbreak

SHINGTON (AP) — Health officials reported the first U.S. drug shortage tied to the viral outbreak that is disrupting production in China, but they declined to identify the manufacturer or the product.

The Food and Drug Administration said late Thursday that the drug's maker recently contacted officials about the shortage, which it blamed on a manufacturing issue with the medicine's key ingredient.

The FDA previously said it had reached out to 180 drug manufacturers to check their supply chain and report any potential disruptions. The agency also said it had identified 20 drugs produced or sourced exclusively from China, but it declined to name them.

The FDA has good reason not release the names of drugs facing potential shortages, said Rosemary Gibson, who wrote the book "China Rx" on that nation's role in American health care.

ADVERTISING

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

God *****, I’m going to be so pissed if the Pearl Jam concert in Toronto later this month gets cancelled because of this Coronavirus bastard

Wish that was the least of my worries.  Things about to hit close to home in the next 24 hours here inBuffalo...

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

Iran continues to get pummeled.

Releasing 54,000 prisoners seems to be counter productive to the efforts to get this virus in check. Do you have any idea how that might help the situation out? 

48 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Releasing 54,000 prisoners seems to be counter productive to the efforts to get this virus in check. Do you have any idea how that might help the situation out? 

Does anyone care if Iran situation gets better? TBH it is good they got it 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Does anyone care if Iran situation gets better? TBH it is good they got it 

As a country I despise Iran and its sponsoring of terrorism around the world. Rooting for a virus to spread to the Iranian people is flat out evil. In addition, the more it spreads in other countries the less safe it makes us. I put you in a class with Tiberius, who also rooted and laughed at the deaths of people, our own, in Benghazi. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

As a country I despise Iran and its sponsoring of terrorism around the world. Rooting for a virus to spread to the Iranian people is flat out evil. In addition, the more it spreads in other countries the less safe it makes us. I put you in a class with Tiberius, who also rooted and laughed at the deaths of people, our own, in Benghazi. 

It isn't hell Iran says death to anyone who wants them to stop licking the shrine.

You are no different then anyone else here, except some don't try to hide the evil they possess. It's a needed evil b.c without it the world would not be what it is today.

Pretending to be better then even 2 people is the exact evil you are thinking you're better than.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-iran-holy-shrine-licking-prison-flogging.amp

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

It isn't hell Iran says death to anyone who wants them to stop licking the shrine.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/coronavirus-iran-holy-shrine-licking-prison-flogging.amp

You might want to rephrase your statement above so that what you are trying to get across can be understood. Your link only displays the stupidity of a couple individuals. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You might want to rephrase your statement above so that what you are trying to get across can be understood. Your link only displays the stupidity of a couple individuals. 

Nah I just feel like trolling your gullible ass.

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Nah I just feel like trolling your gullible ass.

So, editing your post above excuses your nonsensical mutterings? Sounds like another poster who has come back here under a new name. You are on the fast tract to the ignore list of many people here. 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, editing your post above excuses your nonsensical mutterings? Sounds like another poster who has come back here under a new name. You are on the fast tract to the ignore list of many people here. 

I never edited anything other than to add stuff, try it again. The people in PPP putting anyone on ignore just makes the whole place better b.c who cares about the few in PPP idiots.

Gonna get put on ignore from a guy who posts fake articles and another guy who thinks he is better than anyone.

Edited by Hardhatharry

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It looks like Q-Baby has new account. 

Wrong again, so far you have not been right once. 

I know the type of people that infect political forums and just want to make sure you all have me on ignore so your bull#### doesn't spill over into the actual Bills forums themselves.

Edited by Hardhatharry

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Wrong again, so far you have not been right once. 

That's a shame, I'll have to do something about it Mr. I Hope The Coronavirus Spreads In Iran. ***** off and take your gibberish with you. 

Huh...........

World Health Organization director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Monday that the “stigma” surrounding coronavirus was “more dangerous” than the illness itself, and advised people to “calm down.”

“Stigma, to be honest, is more dangerous than the virus itself. Fear and panic are dangerous,” he said as reported by the San Diego Union-Tribune. “It’s fine to be concerned and worried, but let’s calm down and do the right things.”

Officials were optimistic about the global effort to contain the spread of the illness:

Of the 62 countries affected by COVID-19, 55 have fewer than 100 cases. Only four countries have more than 1,000 cases, Tedros said.

WHO officials said it is rare to see a respiratory pathogen like this virus that can spread widely in the community but can also be contained. The flu cannot be as easily contained, officials said.

“That offers us a glimmer, a ***** of life that this virus can be suppressed and contained,” Mike Ryan, who runs the agency’s emergencies program, said in a briefing Monday.

The number of deaths in the U.S. continues to climb, but remains in single digits, as officials grapple with the twin tasks of containing the virus and reassuring the public.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ok, soooo we flew into Pearson a few weeks ago. It was a Sydney to LA to Toronto connection. In Sydney we were asked if we had traveled to China when we checked our bags and when we were ticketed. We were asked again when checked into the gate area.  In LAX no one asked us anything about if we had traveled to China. In Toronto, they asked us where we had been, if we had traveled to China, etc.  This was about three  weeks ago, so China was the big-deal.

I have to question if they have really gotten more lax in Toronto about asking about travel outside the country, or not screening planes from China or Iran when they were asking so many questions about where people had been on an incoming flight from  the US.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

It looks like Q-Baby has new account. 

To me they are all tibs, whether or not it's true it doesn't matter they

are all the same narrow minded troll cultist whose only goal is to spread

propaganda. 

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Last week)

Schumer/Pelosi: "We need more money to fight the outbreak, delaying or shortchanging it is a CATASTROPHE!" 

(This week)

Vote. Them. Out.

i saw where the latest gimmick is to sneak elements of their precious, 'medicare for all' into the bill. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gary Busey said:

The families who were tested in Buffalo had their results come back negative for covid. Good news!

Yes, thank goodness.  We were on a bit of a scare as well as our kids' school had a group on an exchange in Italy--several schools in the area did.  Those kids are currently on home quarantine, but unfortunately they did not do that until a week after they got home....

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Help it out, as in contain the virus? No, I agree that it seems counterintuitive, nor have I seen any articles that show the Iranian governmental logic behind it. 

"Security prisoners" who are in jail for 5+ years (no idea if that means original sentence or 5+ to go) are not being released, only prisoners who test negative for COVID-19 and can post bail are eligible. I also wonder if political prisoners are being released.

There are rumors of some Iranian prisons getting hit internally extremely hard with the virus. So, this may be a way to try to remove some blood from their hands and let some out to fend for themselves. It's also possible that their prison security apparatus itself has a high number of illnesses/fatalities and they simply do not have the manpower to adequately staff some prisons at this time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

Again, whatever his faults, Trump being a germophobe makes him a good fit to fight this particular issue.  

A germophobe who likes to get peed on (by Russian hookers)?  Odd.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-patients-dog-is-likely-first-case-of-human-to-dog-transmission/

A coronavirus patient's pet dog that tested positive for the virus last week is now "likely" the first case of human-to-animal transmission, health authorities said Wednesday. The dog was found to have a low-level infection of the coronavirus after being tested repeatedly for the disease, a spokesperson for Hong Kong's Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) said in a statement.

The department first tested the dog on February 26 and later detected low levels of coronavirus from its nasal and oral samples a day later. Officials repeated both tests this week, finding it resulted in "weak positive" for the virus.

The statement said veterinary health experts were consulted and "unanimously agreed that these results suggest that the dog has a low-level of infection and it is likely to be a case of human-to-animal transmission." 

I wonder if coronavirus mutated into dog? Is this virus smarter than we think? Who knows maybe time will time?