The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

53 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

corona-virus-corona-beer-1.jpgLV_20150623_LV_FOTOS_D_54432991101-992x5

How many of you have suffered from the "Corona Virus" on a Sunday morning after a Saturday night?

My buddy spent many years low budget fishing the Baja Peninsula in his youth. He will never drink Corona again.

43 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

"We have contained this, I won't say airtight but pretty close to airtight." -- Kudlow

33 minutes ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

@B-Man is this what it takes to end for profit medicine scams and nationalize all the religious/profit hospitals ? Infect millions of USA citizens and put experts to work saving lives not getting rich ??$$$$

Sorry.

I don't speak gibberish.

Here is a link to the CDC on the Coronavirus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

How long will it take to develop a vaccine for the Coronavirus ?

Read more at healthline.com ...

10-year Treasury yield drops to record low of 1.31% as coronavirus hits the global economy

Read more at cnbc.com ..

32 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if Kudlow is saying this, you best be prepared for a full blown pandemic.

That's my concern in concise summary.  If that's how the White House is thinking we're in trouble. 

I think this virus is deceptively dangerous because of its long incubation period and it legitimately thrives on human incompetency.   

Here in America, you'll start to see it take root in the poorly run hospitals and nursing homes where you have a bunch of compromised patients, protocols are already lax and you have B team physicians and management that won't even know they have a major problem on their hands.  

3 hours ago, 1915 Buffalo Bill Cody fan said:

Someone has gone full Tibs

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't know where he's getting this graphic... but it sure does a good job of creating panic. 

The flu has a higher mortally rate.

Edited by Wacka

@dpberr thank you for the wise discussion about vulnerable people to die from Coronavirus because of USA healthcare run by profiteering insurance companies NOT good doctors and scientists 

....TrumpOLINI and fake news is all for the rich and don't care how many people die and suffer inside USA without the best healthcare like England NHS or Tommy Douglas CanadaCARE

@Gary Busey I posted the truth about Rrrruussshhah LimpBOSS 4 HOURS AGO

Coronavirus and SARS are cousins and both are app 0.1 micron in size, which sharply reduces the reliability of face masks for protection

For instance, if an infected sufferer sneezes and then touches a table or chair, the virus may survive there for another nine days at least and remain infectious.

The virus is believed to spread also through the pipelines of residential apartment buildings without human-to-human contact. The first known case in Wuhan, China, is thought to have started in one such building and infected all its dwellers, including an elderly woman who lived alone and never left home. The entire building was evacuated.

Incubation appears to be possible for up to 27 days. Carriers may transmit infection without becoming ill themselves. Some, who are more contagious than others, are known as “super-carriers,” like the first victim in Wuhan and Steve Welsh in the UK.

https://www.debka.com/coronavirus-not-yet-potential-plague-face-masks-reliability-dubious-likely-restrictions-on-global-travel/

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CORONA STOCK 

JPY 

(1.33%)

01:00:00 AM
 EST TOKIO
ADD

As White House struggles to contain alarm, Trump claims media stoking fear

In a tweet, President Trump announced a news conference with officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and others to discuss the spread of the coronavirus, amid market fears.

On Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), in a written statement, blasted Trump. “The President’s request for coronavirus response funding is long overdue and completely inadequate to the scale of this emergency,” she said. “For almost two years, the Trump Administration has left critical positions in charge of managing pandemics at the National Security Council and the Department of Homeland Security vacant. His most recent budget called for slashing funding for the Centers for Disease Control, which is on the frontlines of this emergency. And now, the President is compounding our vulnerabilities by seeking to ransack funds still needed to keep Ebola in check.”