The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why did China lock down so many people if this isn’t serious? 

Cross reference what was going on in the streets of Hong Hong, and what the world was looking at in terms of a more open China, and the international pressures being placed on them prior to the introduction of coronavirus; and now.

Now the world is backing away from China, the streets of Hong Kong are empty, videos are regularly emerging of people who do not appear sick being forced into custody, with what appear to be concentration camps rapidly being built.

I believe it's real, but that it's a man-made biological weapon that the CPP released it on it's own population in order to quell the uprising, and to kill off the poorer population which it's economy cannot afford to provide for.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Or abortion, which offs about 650,000 per year.

For Coronavirus numbers could spike up now possibly. It's a virus starts off slow then hits you badly. The virus can hide well under the lungs. 

As well as travels. Read something that 1 person infected 18 people in 2 hours. That's crazy.

33 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Cross reference what was going on in the streets of Hong Hong, and what the world was looking at in terms of a more open China, and the international pressures being placed on them prior to the introduction of coronavirus; and now.

Now the world is backing away from China, the streets of Hong Kong are empty, videos are regularly emerging of people who do not appear sick being forced into custody, with what appear to be concentration camps rapidly being built.

I believe it's real, but that it's a man-made biological weapon that the CPP released it on it's own population in order to quell the uprising, and to kill off the poorer population which it's economy cannot afford to provide for.

Hoping you're wrong and expect you are.  But sadly, can't say that isn't plausible.

Had a liberal friend tell me the Chines government was pretty good and effective a couple of weeks before reports of Corona Virus came out.  Haven't had a chance to see if that's still his opinion yet.  Sadly, expect that it is.

54 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Or abortion, which offs about 650,000 per year.

The UN or WHO would classify that  "Mass Murder/Genocide" wouldn't it?  I mean they would if they were legit honest organizations.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

As i watch what's going on in China, on the cruise ship with the stranded passengers, and the videos circulating on the web, I'm struck by how much it all resembles a show I watched last season on Netflix.  Can't recall the name, but it's some version of "CONTAGION!", "VIRUS" or "DEATHZONE PART DEUX: YOU THOUGHT YOU MADE IT!". 

Numbers aside, and thanks to @Hedge and others for their work here, but it sure feels like it's a situation getting exponentially uglier by the day. 

This was already posted up stream in this thread.

• Hedge changed the title to The Next Pandemic? SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19
2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Numbers sadly spiked up in China real bad today :( https://twitter.com/chrisschmitz/status/1227754197719879685/photo/1

I wonder the WHO taking over real numbers now over China since numbers increased big time today

Today's spike, which is still more than likely vastly under-reporting the actual numbers, is attributed to no longer relying on results from the special testing kits to be processed. Now if COVID-19 is clinically diagnosed (which I have seen references to x-rays of lungs/CT scans being main factors), then it is now counted (although, it may also be that this change is just for Hubei province, where Wuhan is). China had hit a wall days ago where they only had a limited number of specialized testing kits available each day (I believe it was ~900 per day in Wuhan), which was far less than demand, so they couldn't have even reported accurate numbers if they wanted to (which they don't anyway). Coincidentally, I believe that WHO representatives also just arrived there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Northern Command said Wednesday it was directed the Joint Staff Feb. 1 to commence “prudent planning” in their assigned role synchronizing the department’s plans for pandemic flu and disease.

But in no way “does the planning indicate a greater likelihood of an event developing. As military professionals, planning for a range of contingencies is something we owe the American people," Navy Lt. Cmdr. Mike Hatfield said.

"We coordinate with other combatant commands to assess potential impacts in the event of a pandemic and we ensure the U.S. military is poised to respond as required,” Hatfield said in a statement. “The military profession fosters a culture of planning, and the fact that we are coordinating planning efforts across the geographical combatant commands is consistent with how we prepare to respond, if directed.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the lighter side:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If I had more room here I would stockpile 3M dust masks and hand sanitizer. Make a killing when the media steps up the drama and there is a run on Home Depot.  Should be able to get $10 per especially out here!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dante said:

If I had more room here I would stockpile 3M dust masks and hand sanitizer. Make a killing when the media steps up the drama and there is a run on Home Depot.  Should be able to get $10 per especially out here!

Eh, that's bush league.

I plan on marketing Dr. Koko's miracle cure. Guaranteed to cure the flu, or your money back. Guaranteed!*

*Guarantee not guaranteed. No refunds. Caveat emptor.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, that's bush league.

I plan on marketing Dr. Koko's miracle cure. Guaranteed to cure the flu, or your money back. Guaranteed!*

Damn I should be thinking bigger like that. You could use those old brown bottles the travelling shysters use to use in the old west with the retro labels on the them. How great would a corona virus version of these be?

https://www.history.com/news/7-of-the-most-outrageous-medical-treatments-in-history

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Eh, that's bush league.

Jim Bakker beat you to it:

Side effects:

blueman-TA.jpg

• Haha (+1) 6