The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

There are quite a few of these types of videos out there, where ill people are being locked in their own homes by the government (and if/when they die there is great speculation that they are never counted in the death statistics):

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

... There are quite a few of these types of videos out there, where ill people are being locked in their own homes by the government (and if/when they die there is great speculation that they are never counted in the death statistics):

i don't know about the veracity of this. the doors open inward, affixing a lock to the outside of them is not really going to stop them from opening. additionally, did they lock the windows and install shatterproof glass?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i don't know about the veracity of this. the doors open inward, affixing a lock to the outside of them is not really going to stop them from opening. additionally, did they lock the windows and install shatterproof glass?

I had the same questions as you. As you noted, yes, it can be seen that the door opens inwards. When chained, however, it's only going to open inward as far as the give of the chain allows (unless the door handles get broken off), which in this case would not even be enough to get a small dog through. Are there other points of egress from the structure that haven't been impeded? Quite possibly. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I had the same questions as you. As you noted, yes, it can be seen that the door opens inwards. When chained, however, it's only going to open inward as far as the give of the chain allows (unless the door handles get broken off), which in this case would not even be enough to get a small dog through. Are there other points of egress from the structure that haven't been impeded? Quite possibly. 

agreed. my only point here really is that i'm quite sure there are other avenues of exit. not to mention, that if one was really ingenuous, they would simply pop the hinge pins and the door is easily removed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have been on a cruise ship for the last 3+ weeks. When we disembarked in Sydney, the ship took over an extra hour to clear. We did an “ut oh” when we saw the white suit and masked inspectors on our floor on our way out.

Was the cruise supposed to be 3+ weeks long?

8 hours ago, Foxx said:

Australia has insanely tough biosecurity and border security laws. Thanks for the article!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1