The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Your bias against Trump shows. 

I think he’s done a great job with this pandemic overall and I’ve defended him many times especially for anyone suggesting someone else could have done better, but it doesn’t mean he hasn’t had some low moments, most notably his overconfidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

I think he’s done a great job with this pandemic overall and I’ve defended him many times especially for anyone suggesting someone else could have done better, but it doesn’t mean he hasn’t had some low moments, most notably his overconfidence. 

Out of curiosity are you going to vote for him?

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You didn't just have the partial quote; you attempted to paint him as being wrong by using incomplete information as fact.

This board already has enough chuckleheads like Tibs and Billstime and TH3 and Zevon, etc. making up quotes and lines to advance a narrative because they're too effin' stupid to think for themselves.

Don't be that chucklehead.

You missed Q

50 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I think when the “job” is navigating an incredibly complex eco-geo-political minefield while knowing that the other party is rooting for you to fail spectacularly, and will suggest you failed spectacularly even if you do a good job, and instead of rallying around and with you to offer hope and leadership to  the American people will accuse you of racism because you suspend travel to/from the epicenter of the outbreak,  and when 100 different health care experts have 200 different opinions on how to save the planet and the projections are hundreds of thousands of people will die on your watch in the next 90 days, and even when you are most definitely responsible for putting pieces into place to reduce the number of casualties you still must deal with the fact that the damage to the economy and psyche of the American people is incalculable and....you do a ”great job”, the world should simply say “Great job, all things considered, now let’s figure out what we can learn from this.”. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

How about using his real words?

I’d love to have it open by Easter, OK? I would love to have it open by Easter. I will tell you that right now,”  “It’s such an important day for other reasons, but I’ll make it an important day for this, too,” he added. “I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.”

Would love to. Id love to be a millionaire twice over when I retire. Does that mean I will be? Does that mean when I retire if I dont have 2 million in savings I lied? Nope. But my desires are to make that goal. 

Edited by fansince88

18 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Would love to. Id love to be a millionaire twice over when I retire. Does that mean I will be? Does that mean when I retire if I dont have 2 million in savings I lied? Nope. But my desires are to make that goal. 

There’ll be nothing to spend it on. Not even toilet paper.

27 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think when the “job” is navigating an incredibly complex eco-geo-political minefield while knowing that the other party is rooting for you to fail spectacularly, and will suggest you failed spectacularly even if you do a good job, and instead of rallying around and with you to offer hope and leadership to  the American people will accuse you of racism because you suspend travel to/from the epicenter of the outbreak,  and when 100 different health care experts have 200 different opinions on how to save the planet and the projections are hundreds of thousands of people will die on your watch in the next 90 days, and even when you are most definitely responsible for putting pieces into place to reduce the number of casualties you still must deal with the fact that the damage to the economy and psyche of the American people is incalculable and....you do a ”great job”, the world should simply say “Great job, all things considered, now let’s figure out what we can learn from this.”. 

I agree that it is hard but heavy lies the crown and all that. I will judge a lot of politicians by the results of what has happened here, and we all should do the same. No one could have seen this coming and few had any real reaction until the Utah Jazz night. From there I am happy to give a long look at our Executives at the federal and state levels, who have had the reins on this much more than their legislatures. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Good news is there's less deaths than last Tuesday.  Bad news is it's quite the spike from the weekend.

2470 just under the highest yet. The really bad news is that NYC was near a record low. Lots of other states are having record highs. The human toll is so sad with this. Hard to hear these numbers each day and consider each one as a person many people love. Heartbreaking to leave the graphs. 

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Sums up the Trump administration - tone deaf and selfish AF...

3ylmj1.jpg

The people in this administration are just so dumb. When everyone in the room is wearing a mask and you're telling the nation to wear them and the press is there....

Yet there *you* are, defiantly not wearing one...

That's calling in the artillery on your own position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

2470 just under the highest yet. The really bad news is that NYC was near a record low. Lots of other states are having record highs. The human toll is so sad with this. Hard to hear these numbers each day and consider each one as a person many people love. Heartbreaking to leave the graphs. 

You look at the average of the last seven days compared to the previous week and there's about 300 less deaths per day so I think it's safe to say we've hit our peak nationally and are slowly on the decline.  You're right in that NYC deaths are going down while some states are peaking right now.  It'll be up to each governor on when to reopen (as it should be).

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The people in this administration are just so dumb. When everyone in the room is wearing a mask and you're telling the nation to wear them and the press is there....

yep not going to lie, that’s indefensible (unless Pence has some pre-existing condition where he can’t use one, which I’m almost positive isn’t the case)

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, dpberr said:

There’s lots of different ways to lead.  One of them is by example.  That method is lost on the prez and pence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1