Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DrDawkinstein

Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

Recommended Posts

How did I know we would see these posts?

 

Watkins is never healthy and is mostly an afterthought in the KC offense.

 

He got some looks today cause the Titans focused on the speed guys and Kelce...good for him.

 

Still wouldn't want him on my team for the production at his salary 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

 

Exactly 

 

Sammy is the difference? Try again. 

The Bills Offense is not good & has been lousy the last 3 years.  Yes Sammy would have helped......

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90 yards last week 

114 yards today  

 

looks just fine to me, and we wouldn’t need to trot no name bums as wr3 all season long.   

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

 

This tells me differently.

 

 

So what's the problem?  It's good that he listened to his teammate when he pointed it out.

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

90 yards last week 

114 yards today  

 

looks just fine to me, and we wouldn’t need to trot no name bums as wr3 all season long.   

Don't quite agree with the no name bums part.  You're talking about the 3rd WR.  Is there a team that has Julio, Hopkins and Cooper?

I still like Duke and McKenzie.  I do hope we draft a big WR but an offseason where we don't replace almost all of our offensive roster would tell us what we have.  I think people have forgotten that fact.  I expect everyones performance to improve next season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

So what's the problem?  It's good that he listened to his teammate when he pointed it out.

Agree. So he's not a leader, not everyone is. Good production these last two key games. Not worth the elite dollars but a really good receiver nonetheless. I just don't see the need to demonize the guy because he didn't work out here in Buffalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had the stench of Whaley all over him, much like everyone in here who is crying that that he's gone.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

So what's the problem?  It's good that he listened to his teammate when he pointed it out.

Don't quite agree with the no name bums part.  You're talking about the 3rd WR.  Is there a team that has Julio, Hopkins and Cooper?


I mean, Julio’s depth chart had Ridley and sanu 

 

today we saw Tyreek, Kelce and a plethora of guys better than our 3

 

Hopkins has fuller and stills (not great but...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Agree. So he's not a leader, not everyone is. Good production these last two key games. Not worth the elite dollars but a really good receiver nonetheless. I just don't see the need to demonize the guy because he didn't work out here in Buffalo.

Definitely agree.  People will look for any reason they can to beat up on the guy.  His stat sheet would be off the charts with just about any other team.  KC really spreads the ball around to it's WRs.  The #1 guy in that O is also the TE.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills Offense is not good & has been lousy the last 3 years.  Yes Sammy would have helped......

 

Yeah - I wish we had a statistically better offense too.

 

Guess we’ll just have to settle for playoff appearances. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:


I mean, Julio’s depth chart had Ridley and sanu 

 

today we saw Tyreek, Kelce and a plethora of guys better than our 3

 

Hopkins has fuller and stills (not great but...)

Kelce is a TE.

Sanu is not on the Falcon's and that makes me want to end this discussion now.

I will humor you though as their #3 WR is some guy I've never heard of.

 

Russell Gage, is that a household name and I'm just ignorant.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:


I mean, Julio’s depth chart had Ridley and sanu 

 

today we saw Tyreek, Kelce and a plethora of guys better than our 3

 

Hopkins has fuller and stills (not great but...)


To accent your point: any of Ridley, Sanu, Fuller, Stills, or Watkins would certainly vie for the WR1 spot on Buffalo’s roster 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely agree.  People will look for any reason they can to beat up on the guy.  His stat sheet would be off the charts with just about any other team.  KC really spreads the ball around to it's WRs.  The #1 guy in that O is also the TE.

 

Like the Rams?

 

I like Sammy a lot and agree with the argument that he's a still a weapon that this team needs, but he's never going to be that #1 guy. I don't know if it's all between the ears, or his injuries, or some combination of the two but it's not happening. I don't doubt that he could be the most skilled #3 in the league though (I'm assuming Kupp is no longer really a 3).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

Again 1/16 ain't bad right?


what’s funny too is he was like the the 4th option on that TD play he had today. Mahomes has all day and everyone else was covered. Don’t get me wrong— it was a nice catch and route (and gorgeous throw), but he is not out there against the other team’s no. 1 CB as the no. 1 option. 
 

KC is a great spot for him where he can be in line after about 5 or 6 other better and more consistent weapons.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammy is good but not elite.  His contract is elite.  Some of you really want this guy at 19.5 this year and 20 next year?  That's just crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Definitely agree.  People will look for any reason they can to beat up on the guy.  His stat sheet would be off the charts with just about any other team.  KC really spreads the ball around to it's WRs.  The #1 guy in that O is also the TE.

 

He's been on two other teams...and his stats were nowhere near 'off the charts' so why would team #4 be different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Kelce is a TE.


Well, shoot, Now that you mention it he wouldn’t be  a high end passing option.

 

and it changes nothing given it could’ve been tyreek and about 4 if their receivers listed there anyway 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

 

He's been on two other teams...and his stats were nowhere near 'off the charts' so why would team #4 be different?


when healthy he had a run of off the charts here. Just too short a window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoSaint said:


Well, shoot, Now that you mention it he wouldn’t be  a high end passing option.

 

and it changes nothing given it could’ve been tyreek and about 4 if their receivers listed there anyway 


when healthy he had a run of off the charts here. Just too short a window. 


Yep. His 9-game run to end 2015 was perhaps the best half-season of WR play this millennium 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:


what’s funny too is he was like the the 4th option on that TD play he had today. Mahomes has all day and everyone else was covered. Don’t get me wrong— it was a nice catch and route (and gorgeous throw), but he is not out there against the other team’s no. 1 CB as the no. 1 option. 
 

KC is a great spot for him where he can be in line after about 5 or 6 other better and more consistent weapons.


we watched him play fine against CB1 plenty here 

 

26 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

How did I know we would see these posts?

 

Watkins is never healthy and is mostly an afterthought in the KC offense.

 

He got some looks today cause the Titans focused on the speed guys and Kelce...good for him.

 

Still wouldn't want him on my team for the production at his salary 


let’s go get some of those speed guys and kelce and overpay a wr while we still can 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nelius said:

 

Like the Rams?

 

I like Sammy a lot and agree with the argument that he's a still a weapon that this team needs, but he's never going to be that #1 guy. I don't know if it's all between the ears, or his injuries, or some combination of the two but it's not happening. I don't doubt that he could be the most skilled #3 in the league though (I'm assuming Kupp is no longer really a 3).

No WR on the Kc roster had 1000 yards.

Watkins is their #2 WR not 3rd.

Sammy's career and ability has been hampered by foot injuries and even with that I think he would be a number one on most teams.

 

You are dilusional if you think John Brown (who I like) is a better WR than Watkins.

 

The Rams are 4 deep and Cooks #s look pedestrian because of it.  They also make very little use of their TE and RBs compared to an Andy Reed offense.

Right now Josh is still developing so it isn't that easy to make an accurate assessment of our WRs.  Lets not forget that Robert Woods was a terrible WR according to many on this board.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sammy hate here is so stupid. Some of y'all are ridiculous. SAD!!!

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


To accent your point: any of Ridley, Sanu, Fuller, Stills, or Watkins would certainly vie for the WR1 spot on Buffalo’s roster 

That's frickin sad isnt it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


Yep. His 9-game run to end 2015 was perhaps the best half-season of WR play this millennium 

Not to mention his week one performance.

9-198-3tds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


Yep. His 9-game run to end 2015 was perhaps the best half-season of WR play this millennium 

People forget that....  The guy got injured in year 3, it happens....  And then they flush him & the O down the toilet in 2017, for what?

 

He did nothing bad on the field as a Buffalo Bill.....  

 

And the hate because they traded up to get him?  Or is it because in McD we trust????  Maybe he skipped a Prayer Group????😉  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rico said:

He had the stench of Whaley all over him, much like everyone in here who is crying that that he's gone.

 

 

Did Darby, Gilmore and Watkins all have the stench of Whaley on them?

 

So if the Chiefs win in two weeks......then the stench of Whaley will have collected a SB ring in prominent roles each of the 3 years since he was fired?

 

So the tally would be Bills 0-54 in seasons with a SB win...........stench of Whaley 3-3.😂

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...