Sammy Watkins: New Teams, Same Bad Attitude

20 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

It's depressing being a Flat-Earther.

It also affects his production. Any go route could be your last.

It would make anyone a bit tentative. I can remember him getting tackled before reaching the endzone for no other reason than he was getting a little nervous, he had been running for a while at that point. He couldn't be sure that he was looking at the goal line, it could the edge of the world. Why risk it?

Edited by without a drought

On 1/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Only posting this since some folks have mentioned him as a potential FA WR target, and said he's grown and matured since his last run with the Bills.

This tells me differently.

How can you call someone out for getting upset when down 24 nothing in a game they are meant to win?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

mcclappybeanes biggest mistake so far was the Sammy to Zay downgrade.  
we could still be playing. 

Not following logic there.

The trade off was more letting Woods and Goodwin walk in FA, then drafting Zay.

Watkins wasn’t traded until August, well after the draft and the Zay Jones pick, and he was traded for a defensive player.

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

mcclappybeanes biggest mistake so far was the Sammy to Zay downgrade.  

we could still be playing. 

I wonder if Ram fans feel that way. Could of won the super bowl and made the playoffs this year with that impact difference maker out there 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Wonder what  kind of super bowl ring they give a decoy. Maybe one with cubic zirconium?

7 catches for 114 yards isn’t decoy material 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not following logic there.

The trade off was more letting Woods and Goodwin walk in FA, then drafting Zay.

Watkins wasn’t traded until August, well after the draft and the Zay Jones pick, and he was traded for a defensive player.

I feel they assumed they could replace Watkins production with Zay and it was a huge whiff that we are still paying for with an insufficient offense.   

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

7 catches for 114 yards isn’t decoy material 

I feel they assumed they could replace Watkins production with Zay and it was a huge whiff that we are still paying for with an insufficient offense.   

Again 1/16 ain't bad right?

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

That’s certainly possible, but from the timing I feel it was more likely Zay was supposed to replace Woods and Goodwin and Watkins was more a pawn to improve the defense

The point is valid that the totality of the moves was an offensive downgrade we haven’t recovered from

• Like (+1) 2

I shake my head at the hate for Watkins.  He was very solid as a rookie, a 1,000 yard receiver year 2 & 8 games in his third.  He caught almost everything thrown to him & unfortunately had a low % of targets.  

The new FO & Coaching Staff decided to gut the offense & never gave a decent answer as to why they did that. 

They haven't recovered since and some of us wonder why the hate for an exciting offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I shake my head at the hate for Watkins.  He was very solid as a rookie, a 1,000 yard receiver year 2 & 8 games in his third.  He caught almost everything thrown to him & unfortunately had a low % of targets.  

The new FO & Coaching Staff decided to gut the offense & never gave a decent answer as to why they did that. 

They haven't recovered since and some of us wonder why the hate for an exciting offense. 

Haven’t recovered? How many playoff games did Sammy lead us in?