Let's get AJ Green

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

He ain’t coming here for that. 

then no loss. I am not giving an old oft INJ WR guaranteed Money. He like Alshon Jeffery a couple years ago better be ready to accept a prove it deal. 

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

AJ Green, in his sleep

not this year. 

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

then no loss. I am not giving an old oft INJ WR guaranteed Money. He like Alshon Jeffery a couple years ago better be ready to accept a prove it deal. 

not this year. 

I mean the loss would be AJ Green sized. If it’s no loss, why sign him at all?

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....if this is one of the most lucrative WR draft classes in years (I depend a ton on TBD college ball analysts), and we have $90+mil to spend, why the hell chase AJ?......hell, he's more banged up than the Allstate Mayhem Guy.....

Same old argument, plain and simple, because the success rate drafting high for a WR is bad. They seldom pan out. We just traded a higher round drafted WR to the Raiders for peanuts. We traded Sammy Watkins for peanuts compared to what he cost. 

What do we tell Allen when another high round pick doesn't pan out, wait until next years draft and we'll get you some help.

I agree, absolutey you address the WR position in the draft/ crap shoot.

I also agree on exploring other optiions...

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Only difficult catch I saw that he didn't make was the throw to the end zone, not sure what game you were watching, but he made a couple of good catches for first downs when he was blanketed. His hands are more than adequate for an NFL receiver

I hardly saw any "drops" from Duke.  I know there was the endzone one but he only got one hand on that and would have been an incredible catch.  There was another on the sideline but the defender made a heck of a play on it.

I thought he showed really good strong hands on some of those catches, that one that was called for a penalty where Josh made that ridiculous sideline throw was a fantastic catch by Duke.

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I was told separately (well after the fact) that it would’ve gone down if not for Mike Brown being a cantankerous boob.

Well, between the interest in AJ Green and Antonio Brown we can say that Beane is well aware of the usefulness of a top wr, even if it's for a short period of time. I doubt he will let this offseason end without adding someone who can fill that role. And he may overpay, so everyone get prepared for that now. However you have to.

• Like (+1) 1

Robby Anderson would be my top target. 

#1 - Robby Anderson

#2 - Smoke

#3 - Beasley

#4 - 1st Round pick (prototye as an X)

#5 - McKenzie

#6 - Duke or Foster

I would like to see the Bills have the ability to go with 4 legit WRs, and that means you need 2 different X WRs. You need guys that can win battles on the outside, forcing safeties to respect them. That's a big thing missing from this offense. 

I would love to see the Bills go after AJ Green, and it doesn’t sound like such a sure thing that he will finish his career as a Bengal anymore (at least from what I’ve read. I guess there’s some hard feelings on both sides about this past season). 

I’ve wanted him for years. He would fit McDermott's culture perfectly. I can’t think of another veteran #1 WR (who might be available) that would fit in the locker room better than Green would.

The Bills have the cap space. I know his injury history but still think it would be worth the risk. He’s a true game changer when he’s on the field. I feel like he could really open up this offense. 

For the Love of God when will AJ Green threads stop? A permanently injured, once really good WR who is over the hill. How about this: Scout some great CFB receivers who are coming out and give us thoughts on them?

Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....if this is one of the most lucrative WR draft classes in years (I depend a ton on TBD college ball analysts), and we have $90+mil to spend, why the hell chase AJ?......hell, he's more banged up than the Allstate Mayhem Guy.....

Why is everyone saying AJ Green is banged up? Didn’t he injure his ankle? And he had turf toe. Josh Allen needs a receiver who knows the league not trying to learn it. Like others said, have his contract be incentive laden. His signing makes too much sense. You still draft a receiver 

16 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Scheduled to hit free agency. Wonder if he'd be open to Buffalo? I'll bet he'll be a man on a mission in 2020.

John Brown is nice but he's not enough on his own-- let's give Josh the confidence in knowing the guys around him can win matchups and make plays for him.

Interesting question but needs context to discuss.  How much per year?  How much guaranteed?  Length of contract? 

24 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

He’s going to get that offer from a bunch of teams in the nfl.

because at this point of his career that is ALL he is worth. Btw he isn’t leaving Cincy and will be tagged 

4 minutes ago, the skycap said:

It seems to me the same people that say no to AJ Green are the same that said no to DK Metcalf. All Metcalf can do is run go routes. AJ Green is oft injured. Can we give talent a try? Or do you wanna keep trotting out Lee Smith and Patrick Dimarco?

I still say no for AJ Green and I loved DK Metalf. Just like I love Laviska Shenault. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

because at this point of his career that is ALL he is worth. Btw he isn’t leaving Cincy and will be tagged 

I still say no for AJ Green and I loved DK Metalf. Just like I love Laviska Shenault. 

Shenault has been oft injured at Colorado. And honestly, I don’t see Cincy wanting that smoke by tagging him

Edited by the skycap