Memo to Brandon Beane you NEED WRs

1 minute ago, SmokinES3 said:

They need a #1 WR over 6'2" regardless of the price. It's not even debatable at this point.

Green is old and injury prone. Who knows if he has anything left.

I'd still take Green any day over Duke.  Draft big and sign BRESHAD PERRIMAN.  Use Green as a #3-4 guy and create some serious mismatches.

41 minutes ago, Putin said:

We now know Duke is not the answer , we need a stud # 1 WR 

What are people talking about with Duke? Are people really blaming him for the catch he didn't come up with in the end zone? That would have been spectacular, and he did make several other huge plays today.

35 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He threw him out of bounds.  Watch the play again.  

You clearly have an agenda if you are defending Brown and criticizing Duke. Duke kept drives alive today with catches no one else on our roster could make.

37 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

They significantly upgraded the WR position this year but it's not where it needs to be and I am sure Beane and McDermott know that. Plan options:

Plan A: If they can sign Amari Cooper (probably a long shot), do it.

Plan B: If AJ Green ends up having to take a 1 year prove it deal because of his age and injuries.

Regardless draft 1-2 WRs, it's a deep draft. Pick one in the 1st or 2nd round, one in the late round because it's a deep draft. 

A WR corps of Brown, Beasley, Cooper/Green and a top draft pick that's a good group (plus Roberts for returns). Late round draft pick, McKenzie and Williams fight it out for WR6 spot.  

They draft 21-24.

who they sign in FA affects draft priorities.

id be fine getting 4 picks in the top 3 rounds and using them on WR, OL, OLB, BPA not necessarily in that order.

id like them to keep as much of the DL and top 15 on the D as possible.

i dont need to hold onto aKR/PR who only does that. You can use a 3WR/3RB/3CB in that role

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why, thank you so much for such a deep and thoughtful post. Tell us, how would you have better spent your resources? You only get so many shots. Please tell us what you would have done better. 

Pretty obvious don’t trade up for Cody Ford when AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are staring you in the face  ?

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Im voting for AJ Green and BRESHAD PERRIMAN in FA.  Throw in a big fast 1st round rookie as well.  Stock up and leave Allen with no excuse next year.  

Greene will be 32 next season. Plus after spending all those years losing with Cincinnati, do you think he will come here?

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What are people talking about with Duke? Are people really blaming him for the catch he didn't come up with in the end zone? That would have been spectacular, and he did make several other huge plays today.

According to some here, that is exactly the type of play makes all the time. That ball hit him in both hands. That ball should have been caught. He had another critical drop in this game. He's jag. Hopefully we draft a wr and pick one up in FA.  

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Pretty obvious don’t trade up for Cody Ford when AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are staring you in the face  ?

That was  a whiff on their part  I dont think there is any drop off from Nsecke to Ford  Worst of all they still need to get a RT and move Ford inside  I sincerely hope they dont dig in with him at tackle so by where he was picked

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Nobody ever gets it 100% correct, but I am SURE I’ll trust our FO over some internet guy using hindsight (and STILL probably getting it wrong). 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nobody ever gets it 100% correct, but I am SURE I’ll trust our FO over some internet guy using hindsight (and STILL probably getting it wrong). 

People forgot how pathetic our OL line was last year and we all knew that getting the OL fixed was the #1 priority going in to offseason 

• Like (+1) 2