Memo to Brandon Beane you NEED WRs

He has to know this. Brown has been VERY good for us all year but a true number one makes a better effort to know where he is on the field. 

As far as Duke?  It’s a shame it had to happen, but that missed catch ended up costing us huge. 

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

He has to know this. Brown has been VERY good for us all year but a true number one makes a better effort to know where he is on the field. 

As far as Duke?  It’s a shame it had to happen, but that missed catch ended up costing us huge. 

Brown ran out of room.  Ball was late.  That said, we do need another WR to go with Smoke and Beas.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not having any true playmakers in the passing game finally did us in Browns tap shoes and Williams end zone drop that’s another 8 points right there 

We now know Duke is not the answer , we need a stud # 1 WR 

• Like (+1) 2

They significantly upgraded the WR position this year but it's not where it needs to be and I am sure Beane and McDermott know that. Plan options:

Plan A: If they can sign Amari Cooper (probably a long shot), do it.

Plan B: If AJ Green ends up having to take a 1 year prove it deal because of his age and injuries.

Regardless draft 1-2 WRs, it's a deep draft. Pick one in the 1st or 2nd round, one in the late round because it's a deep draft. 

A WR corps of Brown, Beasley, Cooper/Green and a top draft pick that's a good group (plus Roberts for returns). Late round draft pick, McKenzie and Williams fight it out for WR6 spot.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, purple haze said:

It's okay to say Allen didn't make a throw.  

Allen is still young he will get better with more playing time and better weapons I have faith in Allen 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Im voting for AJ Green and BRESHAD PERRIMAN in FA.  Throw in a big fast 1st round rookie as well.  Stock up and leave Allen with no excuse next year.  

That's where I'm at get EJ Green and move up if you have to and  daft a stud WR 

Edited by Putin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Allen is still young he will get better with more playing time and better weapons I have faith in Allen 

I like him going forward too.  All I'm saying is he didn't give Brown the best chance on that throw.  Dudes in here in their feelings.  ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He threw him out of bounds.  Watch the play again.  

Watched it a lot. His footwork was jacked. Keep hating on Allen. You’re looking foolish. 

Im sure you thought the ball to Duke was a bad ball too, huh?

• Like (+1) 2

We need a WR, maybe sign an experienced mid level WR plus draft one with 2nd or 3rd round pick, another bruising type RB, Derrick Henry would look pretty good, plus more help on the O line. On defense more pass rushing, I'd use the 1st round pick there as harder to find good FA pass rushers than WR IMO.  And a punter, and maybe a field goal kicker

Just now, whorlnut said:

Watched it a lot. His footwork was jacked. Keep hating on Allen. You’re looking foolish. 

Im sure you thought the ball to Duke was a bad ball too, huh?

You need to calm way down Boy Scout.    Not hating on Allen at all.

Duke should've caught that ball and a couple others too.  Ball in the end zone was a dime.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

We need a WR, maybe sign an experienced mid level WR plus draft one with 2nd or 3rd round pick, another bruising type RB, Derrick Henry would look pretty good, plus more help on the O line. On defense more pass rushing, I'd use the 1st round pick there as harder to find good FA pass rushers than WR IMO.  And a punter, and maybe a field goal kicker

We need OFFENSE actually it's a must we get better on offense , we scored one TD the entire game we score one TD out of those 3 FG we win the game 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man you’re such a tool

Why, thank you so much for such a deep and thoughtful post. Tell us, how would you have better spent your resources? You only get so many shots. Please tell us what you would have done better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brown bunny hopped and it cost him the boundary catch  He's been a warrior but that play was his to make  Like to see John Brown next year as our WR2  Beasley in the slot and I'd let Duke compete for a spot  Wont hurt my feeling if we have seen the last of Roberts/Mckenzie/Foster as Bills

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Im voting for AJ Green and BRESHAD PERRIMAN in FA.  Throw in a big fast 1st round rookie as well.  Stock up and leave Allen with no excuse next year.  

His injuries worry me.  I'd rather see them sign another Brown like WR and draft one in the 2nd or 3rd round as WR most often take a year or more to figure things out.  Plus I'd maybe go after Derick Henry or someone similar.  And some more line help.