YoloinOhio

Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

All very 3rd hand but what I am being told by someone who knows someone is that Daboll is very much still in the mix. No decision yet. Stefanski also still in the mix (and possibly one other) but McDaniels unlikely to get the job. 

Edited by GunnerBill

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not debating whether or not you are right.......but how did you formulate this opinion.  I’ve read many articles on all three guys.  I’ve watched a short film on Morgan.  Yet I have no clue who the best guy guy is for our team.  

What would your scouting report on Gaine, Schoen and Morgan look like?

I don’t want to lose any of these guys just like I didn’t want to lose Gaine the first time, but that’s the nature of the beast. If Gaine is actually any good, which I’m assuming he is, he is likely more untouchable and likely to stick around longer in light of the rumors after his firing in Houston. But...maybe not. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’m not debating whether or not you are right.......but how did you formulate this opinion.  I’ve read many articles on all three guys.  I’ve watched a short film on Morgan.  Yet I have no clue who the best guy guy is for our team.  

What would your scouting report on Gaine, Schoen and Morgan look like?

Just under the assumption we have already lost Gaine once. And did just fine that offseason with the draft and UFAs. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

All very 3rd hand but what I am being told by someone who knows someone is that Daboll is very much still in the mix. No decision yet. Stefanski also still in the mix (and possibly one other) but McDaniels unlikely to get the job. 

Any idea why?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Saleh

Forget the Vikings OC and the 49ers DC.

The guy the Browns should be looking at is the Titans OC Arthur Smith.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Because he knows enough to run the damn ball!!!! He doesn't throw it all on his QB who he knows isn't ready for it yet!!!

What used to be commonsense is now considered brilliant.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Because he knows enough to run the damn ball!!!! He doesn't throw it all on his QB who he knows isn't ready for it yet!!!

What used to be commonsense is now considered brilliant.

Its not just Derrick Henry and running the ball. The Titans OC took a near washed up QB that few were interested in and made him one of the best QB's in the league this season. Yes, Ryan Tannehill ex Dolphins QB with a 70.3 completion percentage. 

For all those that think that changing an OC will somehow hurt the "continuity" take a long hard look at the Titans for what the right OC can do!  Also, look at what a potent running game can do for an offense! 

Ravens couldn't run that cover zero blitz against the Titans QB, not with Derrick Henry 30 rushes for 195 yards a 6.5 ypc avg. So, tell me again its a passing league...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Its not just Derrick Henry and running the ball. The Titans OC took a near washed up QB that few were interested in and made him one of the best QB's in the league this season. Yes, Ryan Tannehill ex Dolphins QB with a 70.3 completion percentage. 

For all those that think that changing an OC will somehow hurt the "continuity" take a long hard look at the Titans for what the right OC can do!  Also, look at what a potent running game can do for an offense! 

Ravens couldn't run that cover zero blitz against the Titans QB, not with Derrick Henry 30 rushes for 195 yards a 6.5 ypc avg. So, tell me again its a passing league...

but he didn’t throw for 300 so it doesn’t count!

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

But it is about Henry, they feature him and defenses are keying on stopping him, not Tannehill. They never get down much because of the strong running game and a good defense. Playing from ahead is much easier than playing from behind.

Lamar didn't look anything close to what he did during the season, because he had to pass every down and the Titans knew it. He manage to throw up a bunch of yards in garbage time, but he played a really bad game when they were still in it and still had a chance to win.

I've been arguing against the it's still a passing league for 2 years now. But there's a sizable crowd that still would rather see a 300 yard passing game over a 100 yard rushing game. Even though one stat has a about .500 record over the last 2 years and the other has a .725 record. Give me the latter please.

• Like (+1) 3

I think the Ravens take a big step back next step back next season and the Patriots are no longer dominant, though they'll probably always be competitive with Bill Bellicheck.

Continuity this offseason for Allen with Daboll and the offense would be huge.

5 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

But it is about Henry, they feature him and defenses are keying on stopping him, not Tannehill. They never get down much because of the strong running game and a good defense. Playing from ahead is much easier than playing from behind.

Tell that all to Brian Daboll against the Texans...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any idea why?

Again I am getting this all very third hand but the guy feeding me the info just said there is a mutual discomfort with the fit on a number of issues that would have to be resolved. 

Edited by GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Again I am getting this all very third hand but the guy feeding me the info just said there is a mutual discomfort with the fit on a number of issues that would have to be resolved. 

I would think any coach interviewing with the browns would have some discomfort. Awful lot of personalities in one locker room, and not a great track record as a top notch organization to work for. Hell, they only gave Kitchens one year. That alone is enough to be terrified. 

CRAP! Or get off the pot Cleveland, ya bunch of losers! The NFL needs to get the ‘20 campaign going!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think their top 3 is Stefanski, Saleh, and Daboll. Stefanski amd Saleh seems to be the 2 favorites with Daboll being the sleeper.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I think their top 3 is Stefanski, Saleh, and Daboll. Stefanski amd Saleh seems to be the 2 favorites with Daboll being the sleeper.

If I was a betting man I'd bet on Stefanski. What everyone is saying about Daboll though is he was extremely impressive at interview and extremely prepared. I wonder how much working with McDermott rubbed off in that regard? 

They may like Daboll but are probably having reservations that they could sell it to the fans given he was a failed OC there in past

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

CRAP! Or get off the pot Cleveland, ya bunch of losers! The NFL needs to get the ‘20 campaign going!

Well, why not ask Mularkey?  Maybe a Flying J gas card and travel mug might convince him to unretire.

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I think they should hire Greg William's.  He changed the culture of the team and held players accountable when he was the interim.  That is exactly what the Brown's very talented but undisciplined roster needs. 

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Appears to be a good play caller but no idea if he would be a good HC. The browns need a Strong leader more than a good play caller. Leave that to the OC

• Like (+1) 1

Will the Brownies interview Roman? Or, have they already?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If I was a betting man I'd bet on Stefanski. What everyone is saying about Daboll though is he was extremely impressive at interview and extremely prepared. I wonder how much working with McDermott rubbed off in that regard? 

And Saban before that, and Belichick before that. He's certainly had planners to learn from

• Like (+1) 1