Browns interview Brian Daboll for HC; have interest in pairing with Bills Asst. GM Joe Schoen

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not perhaps he came in like an arrogant patriot and Browns said yeah we will call you. 

brining you’re wife to the interview is ULTIMATE ARROGANCE 

Cut him some slack. A free round trip ticket to Cleveland for the two of them. Maybe she wanted to do some shopping or visit the Rock’n Roll Hall of Fame. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone is assuming he loves Baker because he was the one who attended his predraft workout in Norman. It’s possible he was simply the one to attend, and we don’t actually  know whether he loves him, likes him, is Indifferent or hates him. He also has 2 years of nfl Baker to assess after that and most of it is pretty terrible. Just saying. 

Wow.

Well, in Buffalo we should know about a HC hire claiming he is "all in" to develop a recent 1st round draft pick and then kicking him to the curb.

You would think the Browns would learn from that and want to be sure.

Do you really think "most of it is pretty terrible"?  I thought Baker looked OK last year and some of the time this year.

So in case we forget, part of McDaniels MO in Denver was that he demanded (and was given) full roster control.  He then proceeded to blow up the roster.  He traded Jay Cutler, the Broncos 4th year QB who, keep in mind, at that point had just gone to the Pro Bowl his previous year in which he passed for 4500 yds, threw 25 td to 18 ints, and otherwise looked as though he had just taken a significant step.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.

Well, in Buffalo we should know about a HC hire claiming he is "all in" to develop a recent 1st round draft pick and then kicking him to the curb.

Do you really think "most of it is pretty terrible"?  I thought Baker looked OK last year and some of the time this year.

So in case we forget, part of McDaniels MO in Denver was that he demanded (and was given) full roster control.  He then proceeded to blow up the roster.  He traded Jay Cutler, the Broncos 4th year QB who, keep in mind, at that point had just gone to the Pro Bowl his previous year in which he passed for 4500 yds, threw 25 td to 18 ints, and otherwise looked as though he had just taken a significant step. 

then proceeded to draft Tebow.

48 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not perhaps he came in like an arrogant patriot and Browns said yeah we will call you. 
brining you’re wife to the interview is ULTIMATE ARROGANCE 

Well, we've done it.  Was a move to a locale we weren't sure would work for our family.  Put it up front, "interest in the job, don't want to waste anyone's time".

Employer said, bring wife, hit us before you come with list of questions, we'll facilitate getting your family answers while here. 

Received offer, didn't take job, but both sides appeared to appreciate the approach - straight-shooting and up-front on both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, we've done it.  Was a move to a locale we weren't sure would work for our family.  Put it up front, "interest in the job, don't want to waste anyone's time".

Employer said, bring wife, hit us before you come with list of questions, we'll facilitate getting your family answers while here. 

Received offer, didn't take job, but both sides appeared to appreciate the approach - straight-shooting and up-front on both sides.

what does this mean? who is we've?

Edited by Chaos

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.

Yes I think most of it has been bad. He had a few good games his rookie year but 1-5 vs playoff teams, melted down vs good defenses and racked up his TDs vs horrible teams. This year, he was a complete mess on and off the field despite added weapons. Statistically terrible too - I think he was like 31st ranked QB in the league. He admitted not working very hard and not being interested in additional coaching, which isn’t a good omen for the future. His story is not yet written but I think we are still waiting to get to the good part. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I think most of it has been bad. He had a few good games his rookie year but 1-5 vs playoff teams, melted down vs good defenses and racked up his TDs vs horrible teams. This year, he was a complete mess on and off the field despite added weapons. Statistically terrible too - I think he was like 31st ranked QB in the league. He admitted not working very hard and not being interested in additional coaching, which isn’t a good omen for the future. His story is not yet written but I think we are still waiting to get to the good part. 

Wow, I don't really want to be cast as a Baker apologist.  Did he really admit "not working very hard"?  I know he did say he wouldn't be hiring a private QB coach, I thought he was kind of snarky and maybe taking a bit of a shot at Allen, Darnold and Kyle Allen and their beach-house-Jordan-Palmer plan " I would not say that I will go on the beach and swim through the ocean and try and learn how to play quarterback by doing that."  (of course, the swim through the ocean is not the "better QB" part of their plan)

As far as the rest.....Browns beat Baltimore in a good game and had a strong game against Pittsburgh.  He had a pretty good game against us I thought.  3 good Ds.  Close game against Seattle.  He certainly had up and down play this year and yes, bad statistically, but I thought he showed some good play last year and this, just very inconsistent behind an inconsistent OL (something we've seen from our guy, actually)

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, I don't really want to be cast as a Baker apologist.  Did he really admit "not working very hard"?  I know he did say he wouldn't be hiring a private QB coach, I thought he was kind of snarky and maybe taking a bit of a shot at Allen, Darnold and Kyle Allen and their beach-house-Jordan-Palmer plan " I would not say that I will go on the beach and swim through the ocean and try and learn how to play quarterback by doing that."  (of course, the swim through the ocean is not the "better QB" part of their plan)

As far as the rest.....Browns beat Baltimore in a good game and had a strong game against Pittsburgh.  He had a pretty good game against us I thought.  3 good Ds.  Close game against Seattle.  He certainly had up and down play this year and yes, bad statistically, but I thought he showed some good play last year and this, just very inconsistent behind an inconsistent OL (something we've seen from our guy, actually)

He did admit it - they talked about it endlessly for weeks