Aaron Donald Rumored to Be on Trade Block...Should The Bills Make a Move?

48 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude has an annual cap hit of $25M/season. At a position of depth and strength for us. Lol, no.

that’s nowhere near the hit that comes with him. Heck that’s not even what the rams are at with the 40m signing bonus on the books for them.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, QCity said:

A properly run front office will almost never move "All in". That's a Doug Whaley move.

plenty do. In fact every single one (but maybe excepting the pats) tend to do so in cycles of reloading for more serious runs.

28 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

That contract is scary, realistically Donald, who turns 29 in May, MAYBE has 3 elite years left of football in him.  

Those final 2yrs we’re going to be paying a boatload of money for a player that is old and with his size needs the high motor of a young player to be successful. 

i dont know if i would do it. Id rather draft a player in the 1st rd. pay White a boatload. Keep Poyer and Hyde. Pay Allen a boatload. Reward Jordan Phillips for his success here. And use $$$ to try and get several key free agents at DE and/or WR that may be high-priced. 

Those Final 2 years there is no guaranteed money.  Bills could easily walk away.  with No Dead Money. 

Now they could also lower those cap hits by redoing the deal on the trade as well

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

We can get out of the Star deal this offseason with $7M cap hit.  Not great but not the worst either.  The next year it goes down to $5M

Yep, i posted his cap hits just a couple days ago in another thread where people talked about moving on from Star. All these topics are just fan board fodder.

Its just not gonna happen. If you're trading for Donald & getting rid of Star, its the 7.5 hit that you're taking. Plus the money to replace him $25 mil. So thats $32.5 mil just for that 1 spot. Where we rotate our DT's a ton, making it where you're spending all that money for 50% of the snaps. Beane didn't make all these moves to fix our cap, just to make future moves to eat it all up again. We may have 90 mil of cap space next year, but that doesn't mean we're gonna spend all of it.

Ed Oliver is our Aaron Donald that we drafted & we'll try to resign Phillips. Any moves in free agency or trades will be for other positions of need. And we all know what those positions are from other threads discussed adnauseam. If Beane would be interested in doing this for Donald, he for sure wouldve been interested in Mack, for a position that was much more in need than DT is. But he didn't because the price was too high for his plans.

Theres a lot of different ways to shoot down this idea but i'll just leave it at that. Its just not gonna happen no matter how much anyone might want it to.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, we definitely couldn't have used an interior pass rush Saturday...when they sacked Brady zero times.

Interior and edge guys. The edge lacks any steam. Hughes is toast. Murphy is bad. Those two would have a hard time sacking Terry Bradshaw. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, we definitely couldn't have used an interior pass rush Saturday...when they sacked Brady zero times.

Please...Don’t be disingenuous.  I never said they could use Donald.  The issue is giving up two first round draft picks (or more), when we have an offense that struggles to score 17 points in a game.

39 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

If you can get Donald for a first and third, you do it... him and Oliver in the middle would wreak havoc 

That could convince Brady to retire 

Edited by Putin

2 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Yep, i posted his cap hits just a couple days ago in another thread where people talked about moving on from Star. All these topics are just fan board fodder.

Its just not gonna happen. If you're trading for Donald & getting rid of Star, its the 7.5 hit that you're taking. Plus the money to replace him $25 mil. So thats $32.5 mil just for that 1 spot. Where we rotate our DT's a ton, making it where you're spending all that money for 50% of the snaps. Beane didn't make all these moves to fix our cap, just to make future moves to eat it all up again. We may have 90 mil of cap space next year, but that doesn't mean we're gonna spend all of it.

Ed Oliver is our Aaron Donald that we drafted & we'll try to resign Phillips. Any moves in free agency or trades will be for other positions of need. And we all know what those positions are from other threads discussed adnauseam. If Beane would be interested in doing this for Donald, he for sure wouldve been interested in Mack, for a position that was much more in need than DT is. But he didn't because the price was too high for his plans.

Theres a lot of different ways to shoot down this idea but i'll just leave it at that. Its just not gonna happen no matter how much anyone might want it to.

We were in on Mack but got out bid iirc, I think we were rumored to offer up a first and another pick

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Interior and edge guys. The edge lacks any steam. Hughes is toast. Murphy is bad. Those two would have a hard time sacking Terry Bradshaw. 

Yep. Fortunately this is an all-time good crop of FA EDGE guys.

Just now, mannc said:

Please...Don’t be disingenuous.  I never said they could use Donald.  The issue is giving up two first round draft picks (or more), when we have an offense that struggles to score 17 points in a game.

Disingenuous would be acting like $90M in cap room restricts the team from doing both.

But fortunately neither of us is doing that, right?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Wait, there are really people that don't want the best defensive player in football?

The Patriots triple teamed him and made him invisible in the super bowl.

Me, I'd rather spread that money around to the rest of the team in building it up. Tre and others are going to need to get paid.

Besides, this FO has shown they know talent so let them draft a WR, DE, OLBer, OT.

• Like (+1) 1