Aaron Donald Rumored to Be on Trade Block...Should The Bills Make a Move?

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/aaron-donald-14422/

2020: $25M

2021: $28M

2022: $22.25M

those numbers include his signing bonus. That money would be paid by the Rams if they traded him. 

at that point the team acquiring him would only owe his base salary

after 2021, roster bonuses would kick in as Bray says below

2020-17

2021-19.9

Edited by Clemfield2622

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/aaron-donald-14422/

2020: $25M

2021: $28M

2022: $22.25M

Signing bonus portion stays with the team thats trading him so for us it would be

2020: $17M

2021: $19.9M

2022: $14.25M

Just now, Clemfield2622 said:

those numbers include his signing bonus. That money would be paid by the Rams if they traded him. 

at that point the team acquiring him would only owe his base salary

2020-17

2021-19.9

2022-9.25

2023-14

2024-16.75

We would still be responsible for the roster bonus money if he is on our team at that time I believe

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The Patriots triple teamed him and made him invisible in the super bowl.

Me, I'd rather spread that money around to the rest of the team in building it up. Tre and others are going to need to get paid.

Besides, this FO has shown they know talent so let them draft a WR, DE, OLBer, OT.

Triple team him and watch what Ed Oliver does.

Also, they have $90M in cap space. What are you worried about?

Also, has this FO shown that they can scout college WRs?

1 minute ago, DeltaDigital said:

he's what? .5 sacks better than Jordan Phillips? pass. Dunlap and Derrick Henry in FA. rest via draft. 

Um, he's got more TFLs over the past 5 years than anyone. Jordan has had a single good year. You can't even compare them.

Metcalf and Brown are two rookie WRs whom have size and are producing very well for their teams.  If we can draft a guy like that at WR next year I think we are much better.   I'd like to see a better RT brought it and move Ford inside, as I believe Spain is on a 1 yr deal.    Find a budget RB like we usually do and that might be the only improvement we see on O next year.  I'd like a FA WR but I don't think many will be out there.  

So yes I'd love to add Danold and get an edge rusher from somewheres.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

If it was put to a vote, I would likely vote no... That being said, if it happened, I wouldn't hate it one damn bit. 

I would love to get Robert Woods back from them though... 

I think it would be foolish to pay Donald that kind of money.

Keep the guys we have, and build through the draft.

Robert Woods would be nice, but he is basically the level of guys we have already. We need at least one guy that is BETTER than what we have already.

Edited by 32ABBA

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im talking about 100% of front offices in the entire league doing it. Every team picks years to over index in talent to try to get there. 

Over index in talent? What? No, every front office does not trade away their 1st round draft picks.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This thread has got me wondering, how do people think we are going to spend that 90m in cap space?

Im all for spending the crap out of that space. It aint my money and the team has to spend it.

But I'd rather re-sign our FAs, and get extensions done for our own draft picks. Which would still leave us with an estimated $20-30M for outside FAs.

I'd rather get 2-3 very good starters instead of just 1. And if we do re-sign and extend our own guys, we wont need a starting DT. Throw that money at Ngakoue, and some OL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This thread has got me wondering, how do people think we are going to spend that 90m in cap space?

apparently they think the Bills are the only team with cap space and every free agent will run to play in Buffalo because of culture and stuff

they also think we will sign 4 different 20 mil per year receivers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Im all for spending the crap out of that space. It aint my money and the team has to spend it.

But I'd rather re-sign our FAs, and get extensions done for our own draft picks. Which would still leave us with an estimated $20-30M for outside FAs.

I'd rather get 2-3 very good starters instead of just 1. And if we do re-sign and extend our own guys, we wont need a starting DT. Throw that money at Ngakoue, and some OL.

I take it you mean Dawkins and White as extending our draft picks, who else? Also if this Donald thing did in fact come to fruition (which I doubt tbh) we would be letting Jordan leave and likely cut star imo which would seem to offset the cost of what we would be paying Donald. We could still go after Yannick and a top WR imo

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I think it would be foolish to pay Donald that kind of money.

Keep the guys we have, and build through the draft.

Robert Woods would be nice, but he is basically the level of guys we have already. We need at least one guy that is BETTER than what we have already.

Donald is a generational talent who is one of the best ever to play the position and still has 3-5 years of next level production left. It might not be a huge need, but it's impossible to argue that it's a mistake to add that player.

I disagree with that. We need more playmakers. There isn't likely to be an avenue from which to get a top 10 WR this year, and anything aside from that is at the level of which Brown has played this year.