Was Defense Vanilla?

Hatszel

Is it just me or did it seem that our defense played very vanilla.  We didn't seem to create pressures like the last few games and stayed with 4 man rushes.  I wonder if we did not extend our game plan in preparation for the playoffs and not show too much seeing that even with a win we would more than likely be a 5th seed.

Brady typically picks apart teams that blitz because their entire offence is predicated on quick dinking and dunking passes. 

You need to get pressure with your front 4 to beat him

Edited by DJB

Yep. Brady and the Pats have struggled with the blitz for the past 8 or so weeks. Bills rush 4 lost of the game while Brady sits back and has a cup of coffee before throwing the ball. No idea how that was their game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

Brady typically picks apart teams that blitz because their entire offence is predicated on quick dinking and dunking passes. 

But has not been the same Brady we seemed to give him way to much time without mixing things up much.

No. Brady just never loses at home. and in games that matter they are almost unstoppable at home with something to play for. 

We also got dominated in TOP. Offense couldn't sustain drives any top defense will crumble when they are fatigued. these players aren't robots 

Just now, MDH said:

Yep. Brady and the Pats have struggled with the blitz for the past 8 or so weeks. Bills rush 4 lost of the game while Brady sits back and has a cup of coffee before throwing the ball. No idea how that was their game plan.

I was wondering if they were so confident that they are going to beat Houston that they didn't want to show any of their cards to a team they think they'll be playing again in a few weeks

1 minute ago, DJB said:

You need to get pressure with your front 4 to beat him

Normally, I’d agree. But Brady has been getting his ass handed to him with blitzes the last several weeks. McFrazier gave Brady little to think about all night. Way too predictable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Normally, I’d agree. But Brady has been getting his ass handed to him with blitzes the last several weeks. McFrazier gave Brady little to think about all night. Way too predictable.

Well for one we should have almost doubled on Edelman. Brady goes to him all game its obvious their game plan

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

No. Brady just never loses at home. and in games that matter they are almost unstoppable at home with something to play for. 

We also got dominated in TOP. Offense couldn't sustain drives any top defense will crumble when they are fatigued. these players aren't robots 

Why blame the offense.  ST pinned Brady at the 1 yard line and we allowed to march down the field for 18 Plays and 75+ yards

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MDH said:

Agreed.   The only thing I can think of is that they're in full Texans mode and were willing to take their chances against Brady.   McD was much more subdued that usual and not many players had smoke coming out of their ear holes.

If this wasn't the case, however, I'd be really pissed with the conservativeness.   

• Like (+1) 1