Moving forward: We need to do something about Gore

1 hour ago, Mojo44 said:

If Singleterry goes down, who do you want to replace him as the number one running back? I know who I want, Gore. It would not be a great situation but he would be the best option. Consequently he needs to be active and, yes, he needs touches. He is still getting some tough yards on a lot of his carries. The OP overstates the case.

Yes that 1.5 yard per carry would devastate the opposition???

59 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

yea sorry. i was acctually happy to see gore come in yesterday. the fumbling could have lost us the game and gore isnt a worldbeater but hes dependable to grind yards out after first contact and wont fumble...thats what you need in close games to control clock and churn out a hard fought first down. 

there is no situation currently where gore would be considered a preferred rb...beginning of the game,...end of the game.... up by 400 or 4

we need to keep him off the field

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Guys, Gore had a few great runs last night. He had several carries over five yards. The problem is, he needs to be taken out once he gets a carry like that. He can't have back-to-back carries. 

Several? Like two, he gains 15 yards on 10 carries , most of this on two carries, averaging less than a yard on 8 of those carries. The best you can say is he didn’t fumble....

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He just can’t get carries anymore. He’s a warrior. He’s going to the HOF. He’s great in the locker room. He just can’t play football anymore.

I’ll give him a few carries without fumbling before we start taking a knee. NEVER have I wanted to see us taking a knee to end the game than during this next game. 

CJ Anderson was signed by the Rams last year about this time (Dec 18th), and they rode him to the Superbowl. He just so happens to be a free agent right now, and is only 28.

Gore looked pretty good the first half of the season, but he's completely worn down. Aside from ball security, he isn't giving us anything at this point. Anderson would be the hammer we need.

Oh, and CJ Anderson has only fumbled 4 times in 7 seasons...

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m not defending Gore but how much of this is on the OC? If Gore is in he’s getting the ball. The whole D knows it. They shoot every gap and there’s no hole to run through so he bounces it outside (makes matters worse, but instinct). Seems like an opportunity for a crafty play designer and caller to keep the D honest, IMO.

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

I say wrap him in bubble wrap until the playoffs. Bring up Yeldon and let him get his feet wet

No. Yeldon should never see the field. He fumbles way too much and Gore is better. 

1 hour ago, Watkins90 said:

Guys, Gore had a few great runs last night. He had several carries over five yards. The problem is, he needs to be taken out once he gets a carry like that. He can't have back-to-back carries. 

He had 10 carries for 15 yards. He was atrocious all night and is an automatic 3 and out when he carries the ball early in a drive. I don’t know what some people are seeing. 10 carries....15 yards.

In the last 3 games gore has 23 carries for 32 yards. That’s not a joke. That’s what he’s actually doing. It’s over. Do something now while we have 2 free weeks to experiment 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He had 10 carries for 15 yards. He was atrocious all night and is an automatic 3 and out when he carries the ball early in a drive. I don’t know what some people are seeing. 10 carries....15 yards.

In the last 3 games gore has 23 carries for 32 yards. That’s not a joke. That’s what he’s actually doing. It’s over. Do something now while we have 2 free weeks to experiment 

If we put him on ice I’m not sure he ever de-thaws. Better to keep pounding him forward 1, 2, -3, 3 yards at a time. He goes in when we need to grind & the D knows we are running. At this point his purpose is to give Singletary a break & let the young buck rest.