Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

The players accidentally leaving something behind or throwing something in the trash makes it there fault? Sounds like victim blaming "it was the wives fault she stayed with her abusive husband!"

When a team goes out of there way to get information that they should not be privy to, and is clearly against the rules, it is cheating, they didn't just stumble upon it.

Seriously??? People think purposely trying to get the other other teams playbook every game, then using that to your advantage is not cheating?

They are paid professionals, not innocent housewives. They get paid enough to be expected to know better.

I hate the Patricheats as much if not more than anyone on this board, but this is not sneaking into a press box and videotaping the opponent's sideline or messing with the stadium's radio system to put the visiting team at a disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

They are paid professionals, not innocent housewives. They get paid enough to be expected to know better.

I hate the Patricheats as much if not more than anyone on this board, but this is not sneaking into a press box and videotaping the opponent's sideline or messing with the stadium's radio system to put the visiting team at a disadvantage.

I agree. And i , for one,  never understood the no video rule anyway. I get it is "cheating " and needs to be punished, but if you do something on a sideline and I can pick it up by studying video, i don't think that is cheating, I think its being smart. That also means you can video my team..smarter guys win..I am fine with that.

Now, that does not include bugging locker rooms, have radios go out, deflating balls etc..that is flat out cheating that i would punish severely.

BTW, i never understood why stealing signals in baseball was verboten either..

3 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Consider this before dismissing:

Are any other teams around the league known for doing this type of thing or going to these lengths?

What does it say about the organization that they are given the OK to go through the dirty laundry and garbage (!) in order to look for scraps?

What kind of reputation do they have around the league for these types of actions? Think of the paranoia you need to have in order to NOT have something stolen from you. Take shredders with you on the road?! Why are Bills fans defending these people?

This is just the tip of the iceberg coming to light. Ever been to a spy store? Do people really believe this ends here? 

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Consider this before dismissing:

Are any other teams around the league known for doing this type of thing or going to these lengths?

What does it say about the organization that they are given the OK to go through the dirty laundry and garbage (!) in order to look for scraps?

What kind of reputation do they have around the league for these types of actions? Think of the paranoia you need to have in order to NOT have something stolen from you. Take shredders with you on the road?! Why are Bills fans defending these people?

This is just the tip of the iceberg coming to light. Ever been to a spy store? Do people really believe this ends here? 

Not defending, just saying that this doesn't rise to the level of bugging the opponent's locker room.

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Not defending, just saying that this doesn't rise to the level of bugging the opponent's locker room.

The point is where it fits into the greater scheme of things. Nothing is off limits to these people. Nothing is beneath them.

Every possible shady advantage they take. They're called "scumbags" where I'm from. And I keep waiting for more and more to come out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloSol said:

Wrong, It's 100% cheating. I'm not sure if you were joking?

It’s definitely not cheating, though sleazy it might be!

Pretty Fing stupid for the team leaving anything around. 
I haven’t left ONE piece of paper with my name & address in garbage, for at least a generation. And I have nada to do with Football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really WEO? Tre White joking about picking up ravens trash is the same as going into players rooms after they leave and paying cleaning ladies to collect stuff in rooms?

Also Bengals have original NFL has copy.

Oh relax.  The point was that Tre didn't immediately hand it to the ref saying "I'm not supposed to see this, can you return it to the Ravens bench?".  He read it because he recognized what it was.

And is it even possible NFL teams have no mechanism to collect sensitive team strategy material on the road other than: 'make sure, after you have studied the printed gameplan for this game that you immediately deposit the playbook into you motel room garbage can!  Come on!

And the Browns gave the Bengals the original of the video?  I thought they gave it to the NFL.

6 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The point is where it fits into the greater scheme of things. Nothing is off limits to these people. Nothing is beneath them.

Every possible shady advantage they take. They're called "scumbags" where I'm from. And I keep waiting for more and more to come out. 

How does anybody who’s older than 10 cheer for these a-holes?  

As much as I love the Bills, if they ran things the way these scumbags do I’d stop watching football.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

As much as I love the Bills, if they ran things the way these scumbags do I’d stop watching football.  

Thank you. 

This just happens every time they're caught. First, there's ridicule on the accusers. Then people question the competitive advantage. And then people wonder what's so bad about it. It happened during every scandal. It's classic gaslighting. Like we're the crazy ones. And even worse, we're the dumb ones who should be smart and cheating like them!

Even if it all ends here and nothing more ever comes out, these are the people we're supposed to look back on and worship as the GOATs? 

Just checked. No mention of the Patriots anywhere near the front page of ESPN. The top Patriots thread on NFL Reddit is about Belichick commenting on social media. 

The clean up job has begun.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh relax.  The point was that Tre didn't immediately hand it to the ref saying "I'm not supposed to see this, can you return it to the Ravens bench?".  He read it because he recognized what it was.

And is it even possible NFL teams have no mechanism to collect sensitive team strategy material on the road other than: 'make sure, after you have studied the printed gameplan for this game that you immediately deposit the playbook into you motel room garbage can!  Come on!

And the Browns gave the Bengals the original of the video?  I thought they gave it to the NFL.

Accidents happen, and the tip of the iceberg, what we know is that they were paying cleaning ladies to go into rooms they didn't own or rent out to sort through trash or allow them to enter the rooms, probably illegally. The cleaning ladies don't have authority to allow random people into big chain hotel rooms for money under the table.

And I am pretty sure that the Bengals are the ones that took the tape.

54 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Thank you. 

This just happens every time they're caught. First, there's ridicule on the accusers. Then people question the competitive advantage. And then people wonder what's so bad about it. It happened during every scandal. It's classic gaslighting. Like we're the crazy ones. And even worse, we're the dumb ones who should be smart and cheating like them!

Even if it all ends here and nothing more ever comes out, these are the people we're supposed to look back on and worship as the GOATs? 

Just checked. No mention of the Patriots anywhere near the front page of ESPN. The top Patriots thread on NFL Reddit is about Belichick commenting on social media. 

The GOAT thing drives me insane.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane person in the world

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Thank you. 

No, to me its just not as cut and dry as video taping opponents when there are rules expressly forbidding it.

For instance, if you had friends over for poker, and your buddy drew up a chart with exactly what he was going to do on each combo of cards he was dealt, including how he was going to bluff/bet depending on the situation... and then threw it away in your trash can.

vs.

You travel to another poker game that your buddy plays in, dress up as a utility worker, and stand outside the window of the dining room pretending to fix his telephone line while people are playing, and film his cards, then develop a strategy for beating him the next weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Because people rationalize and excuse behavior when they are part of that group. They do it for their football teams, their political party, their country, etc. They do it for pretty much everything so they can go on feeling good about themselves.

It's what people do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Aireskoi said:

Where did Wire say that this morning?  I could only find the tweet form "rod francis", a guy who looks like he follows the NHL and "Bills" from Montreal.

Accidents happen, and the tip of the iceberg, what we know is that they were paying cleaning ladies to go into rooms they didn't own or rent out to sort through trash or allow them to enter the rooms, probably illegally. The cleaning ladies don't have authority to allow random people into big chain hotel rooms for money under the table.

And I am pretty sure that the Bengals are the ones that took the tape.

Now players were paying "cleaning ladies" to let them into opposing team players' rooms to see if they "accidentally" left playbooks in the trash?

44 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Football teams that play the Patriots should start doing things like in the movie Animal House where they purposely put the wrong information in the trash, that way when the Patriots shift through a teams garbage at a hotel, it's all the wrong stuff.

or wake them up in the middle of the night with fire extinguishers

• Haha (+1) 1