Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This is America dude, citizens here barely take part in democracy by voting, and you think they will get off their combined azsez and protest how football is run? Not in your lifetime, not ever, hate to say it but Americans are far to lazy to even give it a passing thought, it would take a minor effort and a tiny bit of sacrifice, and that ain’t gonna happen, you must be stoned...

Americans, especially young Americans, don't participate in our democratic processes, but they sure do like their consumer processes...

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Americans, especially young Americans, don't participate in our democratic processes, but they sure do like their consumer processes...

Sad yet true, voting is hard, adulting is just to difficult, let’s go to the mall...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They forced them to give up a 1st round pick for spygate.  They took a 1st and a 4th away from them for Deflategate along with suspending Brady four games.  Plus, fined them a lot of dough in both instances.  That's pretty severe punishment.  There has to be credible evidence for them to throw the book at them (no matter how much we hate them) but I don't think the NFL will sweep it under the rug.

I guess we’ll see. You bring up good points, and I don’t disagree that on paper it seems like those picks and punishment are severe. To most teams it would be catastrophic. But with the Cheats, it’s usually 30-32 in each round. Yes, still a pick, but contrary to popular belief, Belichick is not a great drafter. Belichick is better on the pro-personnel evaluations in my opinion. That’s where he nabs guys like Welker, Van Noy, Amendola, and on and on. Unspectacular players that come alive under his tutelage. Plus, if they really are cheating and pushing the envelope as much as alleged, that minimizes the impact of any forfeited draft picks or other personnel mistakes.  

On 12/9/2019 at 3:33 PM, leonbus23 said:

True. I guess people expect ethics to play a role in the decision making of cutthroat competitive athletic businesses and its people.

Are youse implying that Robert Kraft, the Pat's paragon of virtue, is anything  less that scrupulously ethical?  A pox on your house, sir!

13 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Wrong, It's 100% cheating. I'm not sure if you were joking?

Wasn't Tre White collecting the Ravens garbage and reading it Sunday?

Just now, wppete said:

The Bengals have to stand up to NE and the NFL and release this tape!!!

They don't have it.  NFL does.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Really WEO? Tre White joking about picking up ravens trash is the same as going into players rooms after they leave and paying cleaning ladies to collect stuff in rooms?

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Also Bengals have original NFL has copy.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

How is stealing playbook information and game notes not cheating though?

i guess i'm reacting to the garbage as being a "public domain" in my gray area statement.

still it's unethical and sports in general aren't inherently 'cutthroat' it's the teams that make it such, sportsmanship, ethics, honor and integrity still exist; just because one teams decides to cross isn't an admission of that's how the game should be played going forward.

what if all 32 teams did everything the Pats do and have done and to the degree they have gone?  we'd have sports anarchy on a national scale and the true game would get lost in the sludge and slime...  and that's an example we want to teach our kids?

5 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Players left that stuff behind in the trash after they vacated the hotel room, that is on the players

The players accidentally leaving something behind or throwing something in the trash makes it there fault? Sounds like victim blaming "it was the wives fault she stayed with her abusive husband!"

When a team goes out of there way to get information that they should not be privy to, and is clearly against the rules, it is cheating, they didn't just stumble upon it.

Seriously??? People think purposely trying to get the other other teams playbook every game, then using that to your advantage is not cheating?

21 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Players left that stuff behind in the trash after they vacated the hotel room, that is on the players

Problem is, once you start paying people to collect this sort of thing, you also encourage them to go beyond simply collecting the trash.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

The players accidentally leaving something behind or throwing something in the trash makes it there fault? Sounds like victim blaming "it was the wives fault she stayed with her abusive husband!"

When a team goes out of there way to get information that they should not be privy to, and is clearly against the rules, it is cheating, they didn't just stumble upon it.

Seriously??? People think purposely trying to get the other other teams playbook every game, then using that to your advantage is not cheating?

It's very dirty. Very ugly. Despicable organization. Like rats.