The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Ok.. but,

you were implying that it appeared that I always took the same, Dem, side and that I didn't care about FISA abuse . 

I was pointing out that I am in favor of looking into the Fisa abuse and haven't always taken the Dems side.

You were in favor of continuing an investigation which did nothing but COVER UP the FISA abuse Bob. You were told that's what they were doing, for years, and you scoffed at it. Called it nonsense. 

Now you've been shown the side you were supporting were the liars. They lied to you. They broke the law numerous times. They meddled in a domestic election. They subverted the rule of law for partisan purposes -- and you've said NOTHING about it. Not a word. 

That's why no one believes you. There has been evidence of the malfeasance done in the public sphere for over two months now -- have you said anything about it? The only thing you said was that you wanted the very probe that did those crimes to have continued unabated. 

You're a deeply dishonest person.

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which only shows how uniformed you are on the topic of Trump/Russia. You wanted to continue an investigation that was fraudulent from its formation, an investigation that KNEW its conclusion from the first day it was formed (that conclusion being that he was innocent of the conspiracy charge) — yet it carried on for two years, meddling in the midterm election along the way.  

Oh, and all the people who broke the law on FISA were working on the mueller team. 

That’s how dumb you are Bob. You’re arguing that an illegal, unjustified investigation that was protecting wrong doers should have continued indefinitely. 

Your brain is indeed broken. 

BiM is not worth the effort, DR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m always perplexed by the people who constantly throw out the bullet point: “trump always lies”, yet take as gospel everything that proven and notorious liar, Adam Schiff says. Schiff was on TV for three years lying to the American public about a the Russia hoax and has been lying that he doesn’t know who the “whistleblower” is. 

Trump is certainly no saint and I’m sure he’s lied about many things in his life, but I’m curious as to what exactly the trump haters are referring to when they always say, “trump lies”.  And how those lies stack up to at least two attempts that we know of to overthrow the will of the American people through the election process and negate the results of a free and fair election. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you had made the argument that your liar's lies were more or less more believable than my liars lies, I just assumed you had a machine of sorts to document that your liars are less likely to lie when they don't tell the truth.  If you're freestyling, that's cool too.  It's sort of the Adam Schiff model, but have at it.

Skepticism is healthy, and I acknowledge that you truly believe your liar's lie a lot less than Trump lies, and something you also believe something about Mike Pence. 

I would ask only that you acknowledge I'm skeptical of your claim, apparently fabricated, and that I acknowledge you think you hold the moral high ground on the issue of lies from politicians. I ask that you further acknowledge that I find that delightful and funny. 

That is my truth. 

Yeah I will acknowledge you are getting annoying.  If you want to claim Trump doesn't lie by orders of magnitude more than any of our previous leaders I would say you are blind or stupid or, possibly I missed the point of one of your stupid jokes.  Enjoy the evening.  

MAYBE IT WILL BE WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT IT HASN’T ACTUALLY HAPPENED YET: 

Yes, Trump’s Acquittal Is Real, And It’s Spectacular.

Related: Dem leaders signal they won’t accept Trump acquittal as legitimate. 

BFD, they’ve never even accepted his election as legitimate.

They only consider any process legitimate when they win. Because they’re horrible, garbage people and bad Americans.

Meanwhile, a harsh-but-fair assessment seen on Facebook:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-01-at-4.39.43-PM.png

Plus:

coupclutzclan-600x578.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 8

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

I get your point and to an extent, I agree that most zealots know by now. 

Why keep repeating it then and trying to get it more publicity ?

The better question is why are they trying to keep it a secret?

A government agent announces he is attempting a coup that is underway, then the same agent becomes the center of a secret coordinated effort to remove the President. 

If investigating the corruption of a political opponent is cause for removal, it seems obvious that an attempted coup is pretty serious. Something the deeply concerned patriots with such high standards of propriety and transparency would want us to know about.

But for some unknown reason it is of the utmost importance that Eric Ciamarella's name not be uttered - especially on the record.

It's oddly inconsistent that the same patriots with such deep and genuine concerns for all facts, witnesses, and documents coming to light are also the people who are adamant that neither the Senate nor the public learn anything about the the people who initiated all of this.

We've already explained the absurdity of the proffered explanation that it's to protect his safety. No one still believes that. But they're still terrified of having his name mentioned on the record. That's odd. What are they afraid of?

If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MAYBE IT WILL BE WHEN IT HAPPENS, BUT IT HASN’T ACTUALLY HAPPENED YET: 

Yes, Trump’s Acquittal Is Real, And It’s Spectacular.

Related: Dem leaders signal they won’t accept Trump acquittal as legitimate. 

BFD, they’ve never even accepted his election as legitimate.

They only consider any process legitimate when they win. Because they’re horrible, garbage people and bad Americans.

Meanwhile, a harsh-but-fair assessment seen on Facebook:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-01-at-4.39.43-PM.png

Plus:

coupclutzclan-600x578.jpg

Anyone else ever notice Nancy has dead eyes, like a freaking shark...

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, dubs said:

I’m always perplexed by the people who constantly throw out the bullet point: “trump always lies”, yet take as gospel everything that proven and notorious liar, Adam Schiff says. Schiff was on TV for three years lying to the American public about a the Russia hoax and has been lying that he doesn’t know who the “whistleblower” is. 

Trump is certainly no saint and I’m sure he’s lied about many things in his life, but I’m curious as to what exactly the trump haters are referring to when they always say, “trump lies”.  And how those lies stack up to at least two attempts that we know of to overthrow the will of the American people through the election process and negate the results of a free and fair election. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/16/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Today I met with my liberal friend for my twice a year argument and headache.

I said lets just not talk politics. He agreed. So, he sells houses and tells me how the 

house selling is booming...yet he mentions 4x the govt deficit. Now I know this

guy and know when he's fishing. I don't bite. Finally he drops the bombshell:

We wouldn't have a horrible deficit if not for the 2016 Trump tax break.

LOL....You can't talk to these people. 

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The better question is why are they trying to keep it a secret?

A government agent announces he is attempting a coup that is underway, then the same agent becomes the center of a secret coordinated effort to remove the President. 

If investigating the corruption of a political opponent is cause for removal, it seems obvious that an attempted coup is pretty serious. Something the deeply concerned patriots with such high standards of propriety and transparency would want us to know about.

But for some unknown reason it is of the utmost importance that Eric Ciamarella's name not be uttered - especially on the record.

It's oddly inconsistent that the same patriots with such deep and genuine concerns for all facts, witnesses, and documents coming to light are also the people who are adamant that neither the Senate nor the public learn anything about the the people who initiated all of this.

We've already explained the absurdity of the proffered explanation that it's to protect his safety. No one still believes that. But they're still terrified of having his name mentioned on the record. That's odd. What are they afraid of?

If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret?

Please, can you explain why you like to put his name out there more than it is already if not to further endanger the guy?  You missed that question apparently

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Please, can you explain why you like to put his name out there more than it is already if not to further endanger the guy?  You missed that question apparently

Can you explain why putting his name out there bothers you?

Can you answer the question I posed in the post you're quoting?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

you've seen his exact words?

please post a link, i would like to see them myself.

TYIA

OK. When the book comes out and his words match the reports, THEN the slander will begin. And you KNOW it will. You a betting man?

I don't even care about this Ukraine nonsense, but I'm finding that both sides of the aisle have gone insane. We were on the brink of World War 3 because Trump executed orders to kill Soleimani! Trump had zero corrupt(personal interest) intent in his dealings with Ukraine and was simply rooting out corruption because he's a hero like that!

What a world.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

"If they have nothing to hide, why keep it a secret? "

I stated five times why I think it is a bad idea.  Even if a political operative, increased danger in this environment is not necessary.   I suspect many want, but won't admit, the whistle blower to be punished and if physically punished, they would be giddy and would claim he deserved it. 

Was hoping for a different take but didnt really think there was one.

You did not answer my question yet

Edited by Bob in Mich

16 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Can you articulate one lie. A meaningful lie that rises to the level of lying about a foreign country conspiring with a presidential candidate to rig an election. 

fact is that you can’t make a single argument on your own regarding one lie, so you post this piece of hyperbolic garbage from the Compost. 

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Can you articulate one lie. A meaningful lie that rises to the level of lying about a foreign country conspiring with a presidential candidate to rig an election. 

fact is that you can’t make a single argument on your own regarding one lie, so you post this piece of hyperbolic garbage from the Compost. 

Good Night idiot

8 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Good Night idiot

I’ll take that as a defeated no, nerd.

Let me educate you a little....

I took the time to read that garbage you linked. They actually cited the fact that trump referred to his call with Ukraine as “perfect” as a ‘lie’ or ‘misleading statement’. Now, I agree that it’s not the best way to describe the call, but to add that to some made up statistic as evidence of lies is a joke. 

Edited by dubs

25 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Today I met with my liberal friend for my twice a year argument and headache.

I said lets just not talk politics. He agreed. So, he sells houses and tells me how the 

house selling is booming...yet he mentions 4x the govt deficit. Now I know this

guy and know when he's fishing. I don't bite. Finally he drops the bombshell:

We wouldn't have a horrible deficit if not for the 2016 Trump tax break.

LOL....You can't talk to these people. 

You can't talk to them without a coherent response. That much is true. The deficit is unsustainable. You can't slash taxes without making unpopular cuts to social programs that many on the right rely upon. That's the conundrum. 

That's why I've always had respect for Paul Ryan. He doesn't beat around the bush. He would have the stones to campaign on cuts to education, SOCIAL SECURITY, healthcare, etc. 

The tax cuts will absolutely NOT pay for themselves, so something has to give. Trump is running around acting like he's diligently working to protect the ACA's pre-existing condition clause, which is pure nonsense.

Just keep it real and you're perfectly capable of having an HONEST debate.

24 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don't even care about this Ukraine nonsense, but I'm finding that both sides of the aisle have gone insane. We were on the brink of World War 3 because Trump executed orders to kill Soleimani!

This is insane, you know that, right? 

We were never on the brink of WW3. The people who pushed that fear mongering are the very same folks who lied us into war in Iraq for "WMD", and directly profit from endless war. They've tried, several times, to box Trump in and make him choose war (or, our old foreign policy) and every time he's gotten out of it. If you don't realize by now that Trump wants world peace to be his legacy, you haven't been paying close enough attention. 

Trump is CiC. Soleimani was a very bad guy who had no business being in Iraq but to sow more chaos. Taking him out saved lives. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

This is insane, you know that, right? 

We were never on the brink of WW3. The people who pushed that fear mongering are the very same folks who lied us into war in Iraq for "WMD", and directly profit from endless war. They've tried, several times, to box Trump in and make him choose war (or, our old foreign policy) and every time he's gotten out of it. If you don't realize by now that Trump wants world peace to be his legacy, you haven't been paying close enough attention. 

Trump is CiC. Soleimani was a very bad guy who had no business being in Iraq but to sow more chaos. Taking him out saved lives. 

I was being facetious and citing an example of the left's hysteria over every move Trump makes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I stated five times why I think it is a bad idea.  Even if a political operative, increased danger in this environment is not necessary.   I suspect many want, but won't admit, the whistle blower to be punished and if physically punished, they would be giddy and would claim he deserved it. 

There you go, badgering someone to answer you again... 

Meanwhile, you still haven't answered the question about your complete lack of interest in Nunes being targeted. Unlike EC, he's a legit whistleblower whose life actually was in danger (to the point of needing added security for his family in CA). Funny how you never said boo about that... 

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I was being facetious and citing an example of the left's hysteria over every move Trump makes.

In that case: :bag: :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You haven't answered mine yet either. Not honestly anyway. You're sticking to a nonsensical talking point you can't support.

That's why people give you a hard time about lacking independent thought and critical thinking skills. We all have cognitive biases, but you seem to be more affected than most.

I talk about Eric Ciaramella because 1. He's central to the topic we're discussing, 2. I think he's involved in nefarious activities that should be exposed, 3. There is no reason not to, and 4. because the people covering up his surreptitious plot don't want me to.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

What ya drinking?  lol  This is getting funny at this point. You state that I posted the following:

"Would you want your name and address exposed even on this board ?  There are enough borderline posters here that I think you would be in some greater danger. "

Then you state that is a poor way of wording a point about increased danger?  That is kinda amazing even for here, Foxx.

The other point is still unanswered.  It is that if the name is known to many and the point of publicizing it further is not to increase danger to the guy, why keep repeating it?  What is being gained by that effort if not to endanger?

wow.

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

he's trying to drag you down to his level so he can't beat you to death with his stupidity club.

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

tumblr_m6s1dq6N7I1qaseldo1_500.png

Just wanted to add how impressed I am with the wit behind this particular response re John/Michael Bolton. "Why not just go by Mike?" "Says here you've been missing alot of work Peter." "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it." (Hey, I'm on a Bills message board at home on a Saturday Night).

I don't care how you feel about politics, but if you don't like Office Space, there is something deeply wrong with you.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Just wanted to add how impressed I am with the wit behind this particular response re John/Michael Bolton. "Why not just go by Mike?" "Says here you've been missing alot of work Peter." "I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it." (Hey, I'm on a Bills message board at home on a Saturday Night).

I don't care how you feel about politics, but if you don't like Office Space, there is something deeply wrong with you.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

OK. When the book comes out and his words match the reports, THEN the slander will begin. And you KNOW it will. You a betting man?

I don't even care about this Ukraine nonsense, but I'm finding that both sides of the aisle have gone insane. We were on the brink of World War 3 because Trump executed orders to kill Soleimani! Trump had zero corrupt(personal interest) intent in his dealings with Ukraine and was simply rooting out corruption because he's a hero like that!

What a world.

okay, great. i didn't think you knew what was said.

:beer:

5 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah I will acknowledge you are getting annoying.  If you want to claim Trump doesn't lie by orders of magnitude more than any of our previous leaders I would say you are blind or stupid or, possibly I missed the point of one of your stupid jokes.  Enjoy the evening.  

I’m torn on how to reply here, but I guess I’ll just go with your reply was positively Trumpian.  Ironically it’s one of the things he does that I find distasteful at times. 

Anyway, I think your “orders of magnitudes” argument is overly simplistic, impossible to quantify, and an odd line in the sand given the propensity for our elected officials to lie through their teeth. Accordingly, I give it the internet raspberry and move on.

i think you were over the top here, and I think the response was disproportionate to the subject matter and certainly to the context of our interaction.  I try hard not to send something out I wish I could get back the next day, so I’ll simply say I hope you’re feeling ok and that all is well with you and yours. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dubs said:

They don't care. They are all full of *****.

In most cases, it's all just public posturing, a way to fit in, and make themselves appear to be concerned citizens. Trump is just the perfect bad guy that provides them an opportunity to make a big show of their virtuous outrage.

***** em.

One conclusion that I have reached is that most of them know things like 10+million illegal aliens, caravans of refugees rushing the border with their children in tow, troops in places like Syria, unbalanced trade agreements, etc. are bad. But the Liberals just want to let Republicans do the dirty work, and make the tough decisions, so then the Liberals can still feel good about themselves. They have to hold on to their self image as "the Good, Compassionate People, against the evil Repugs".

There is no reasoning with them. It's just barrel through their bull#### with laughter and a smile.

None of these whiners are actually desperate enough to have some kind of civil war. How many Pink Hatters do you think have, say, gone a single day without eating (aside from some self-inflicted fast)?

For the vast majority of them, they are either better off now, or at least no worse off, than before Trump was elected, or can't trace any of their problems to one of Trump's policies. They still have their health care, a good economy...no Muslim concentration camps, no mass round up of Mexicans, no violent "White Nationalist" uprising, no Police on a rampage against POC, no escalation of wars, no Kurdish massacre, no overturning of Roe vs. Wade, no declaration of martial law, blahblahblah....none of all the terrible things we were promised would happen.

They ain't gonna do *****, except continue to go to Whole Foods, Starbucks, giant Music Festivals, Burning Man, Craft Beer breweries, and pay for Netflix, post selfies on social media, lease fancy cars and SUV's that they would never have been able to buy, take yoga classes, get tattoo$, buy cheap Chinese goods, vape weed, snort coke, and take Molly or Adderall...there is no real desperation. 

Again, ignore these whiny *****.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rob's House said:

You haven't answered mine yet either. Not honestly anyway. You're sticking to a nonsensical talking point you can't support.

That's why people give you a hard time about lacking independent thought and critical thinking skills. We all have cognitive biases, but you seem to be more affected than most.

I talk about Eric Ciaramella because 1. He's central to the topic we're discussing, 2. I think he's involved in nefarious activities that should be exposed, 3. There is no reason not to, and 4. because the people covering up his surreptitious plot don't want me to.

You are starting to reason like DR.  Be Careful!  That road leads to madness and insufferable douche-iness..

I honestly answered your question of 'why not' several times.  I think doing so is irresponsible because I think you are increasing the odds that a person could be attacked by a political zealot.

I agree with your 'everybody knows' argument, but only to an extent.  I mean realistically, not everyone knows.  I am not 100% certain of the whistle blowers identity, to be truthful.  I have seen who has been accused but I would not bet my life on it.  To disagree with my opinion of increasing danger is fine, but to tell me it is dishonest, comes across as arrogant. It may be a talking point but any reasonable individual could easily arrive at that conclusion. 

People often criticize my thinking or reasoning skills HERE.  Posters do it within broad criticisms, like the discussion I just had with Foxx.  When I ask where my reasoning breaks down, for specifics, I seldom hear back.  Also I don't get that from people when having an in-person conversation.  Of course people don't always agree anywhere but disagreements aren't typically about reasoning or logic skills.  And, yes, I do socialize with Trump supporters in person. 

Please be specific if you wish......If you have issues of faulty reasoning, where, what post?  Certainly we all are capable of mistakes.

Oh, and I do appreciate the answer.  It pretty much confirms what I thought.  The increased danger is recognized but dismissed.

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m torn on how to reply here, but I guess I’ll just go with your reply was positively Trumpian.  Ironically it’s one of the things he does that I find distasteful at times. 

Anyway, I think your “orders of magnitudes” argument is overly simplistic, impossible to quantify, and an odd line in the sand given the propensity for our elected officials to lie through their teeth. Accordingly, I give it the internet raspberry and move on.

i think you were over the top here, and I think the response was disproportionate to the subject matter and certainly to the context of our interaction.  I try hard not to send something out I wish I could get back the next day, so I’ll simply say I hope you’re feeling ok and that all is well with you and yours. 

Len, on this board my reply was easily within acceptable standards.  In the context of our interaction however, my reply was too harsh.  You were right.  I apologize for the tone of that reply.  With that said and hopefully accepted and the slate hopefully cleared, I will attack you further.   lol 

Keeping it real, I apologized for the delivery.  Folks like you keep saying sure Trump lies, they all lie.  That is a false equivalency.  Just because you can point to where Obama or Schiff lied does not mean that we should accept a president that lies as much as Trump.  I know times have changed since Pres Clinton but to discount honesty is the wrong direction.

And seriously, how can Trump supporters even have the gall to claim someone else's lies are wrong?  If lies are wrong they have to be wrong for everyone.  If they are OK now, then please stop making a big deal out of the lies of others. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Whistleblower Laws Enforced by OSHA

https://www.whistleblowers.gov/

That's all well and good, but in order to impeach and remove a president, they must have been found guilty of committing high crimes and misdemeanors. By definition, those are criminal charges, which means that the accused is still protected by the 6th amendment, which guarantees in all criminal cases that the accused has the right to face their accuser in court. How do you square anonymity for the whistle-blower under those circumstances?

It seems to me that the only way they can keep the whistle-blower's identity secret is if Trump committed no crime.

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Azalin said:

That's all well and good, but in order to impeach and remove a president, they must have been found guilty of committing high crimes and misdemeanors. By definition, those are criminal charges, which means that the accused is still protected by the 6th amendment, which guarantees in all criminal cases that the accused has the right to face their accuser in court. How do you square anonymity for the whistle-blower under those circumstances?

It seems to me that the only way they can keep the whistle-blower's identity secret is if Trump committed no crime.

Whistleblowers also are protected under the little known "if a commie makes up crap they should be allowed to get away with it" clause of the constitution.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Azalin said:

no where in there does it state that whistle blowers are afforded any sort of anonymity. protection against retaliation, yes, anonymity, no.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I am not sure about your claim about the charges from the House being criminal charges.  If convicted in the Senate, there is no criminal offense.  He would just be removed for bribery for instance and then could be charged for the crime after out of office.  Unsure of Senate rules, so I can't say if that 'face accuser' is a Senate trial rule.

At this point in time, couldn't others actually accuse Trump at a Senate or criminal trial, if that was an actual requirement?  I don't recall who would be the best, but wouldn't some of the House taped testimony accusing Trump of the scheme and of the obstruction of the document release (obstruction of congress) suffice?

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

no where in there does it state that whistle blowers are afforded any sort of anonymity. protection against retaliation, yes, anonymity, no.

The core issue here should not be about exposing the identity of the whistleblower. It should first be to determine whether the whistleblower has an alternative motive in blowing the whistle! For example, what if he/she is trying to deflect attention from their own criminal behavior? Due to the seriousness of the charges in this case an investigation into the whistleblower could have and should have be done by the FBI, before proceeding to step two.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

new DNC/propaganda press talking points.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1223787560914313217

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The core issue here should not be about exposing the identity of the whistleblower. It should first be to determine whether the whistleblower has an alternative motive in blowing the whistle! For example, what if he/she is trying to deflect attention from their own criminal behavior? Due to the seriousness of the charges in this case an investigation into the whistleblower could have and should have be done by the FBI, before proceeding to step two.

correct. however, as we see with the narrative spewed by the Left and eaten up by the likes of Bob, the whistle blower must be protected at all costs because, meh #orangemanbad. what they are effectively doing is running cover by making the claim that he can't be outed. that narrative has to be destroyed.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

correct. however, as we see with the narrative spewed by the Left and eaten up by the likes of Bob, that the whistle blower must be protected at all costs because, meh #orangemanbad. what they are effectively doing is running cover by making the claim that he can't be outed. that narrative has to be destroyed.

As an employer myself, I’m concerned at the position that an employee could make a claim against me, and I wouldn’t be able to learn who it was so that I might be able to expose an alternative motive. 
PS: We just had that exact circumstance in our company. When the claim was debunked, the employee was fired!

• Like (+1) 3