The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Lacy, that take is a bit unfair, especially if you read any of that 1999 email I posted a page or so back.  Given that I have been for impeaching both Clinton and Trump, that last sentence is a little odd. You may think I am too naive for expecting a higher standard but my views have been consistent as I have opposed misdeeds in both Presidencies. 

I have not heard many here that stated they were either for impeaching both times or acquitting both but I have more respect for those that can be consistent and see right and wrong, in spite of the party of the President. 

What were your 1999 impeachment thoughts......for or against removing BillyC?  Why or why not?

http://www.annarbor.com/news/opinion/a-matter-of-principles-keeping-the-new-joe-mccarthys-at-bay-by-learning-the-lessons-of-our-past/

I didn’t say it, it was T. L. Skin-erd. The guy is notoriously closed-minded and judgmental. I’ll take a shot at answering though. 

I applaud your consistency on the impeachment issue if, upon reflection, you feel it was the right position.  I was not particularly politically woke during the lead up to the Clinton impeachment, and had a rather heated argument with my father-in-law in defense of Clinton and against the  political shenanigans that lead up to it.  I thought at the time his biggest crime was exposing his throat to his adversaries, but the perjury was a colossal mistake and impeachment-worthy. At the time, I called him the Dumbest Smart guy in the world.

It seems T.L.’s last statement was just reflection on the current state of affairs with respect to impeachment, pointing out the obvious:  regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, there were checks, balances and a resolution. Complaining because the desired outcome wasn’t achieved seems, well, contrary to the concept of “checks and balances”.  I’m speculating of course, because not only is the guy closed-minded and judgmental, he’s not a good texter and has not replied to an inquiry on your behalf. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

That is funny.  I am certain it was because I recently watched some Lord of the Rings but when I saw those two side by side marching the Impeachment docs to the Senate, I was struck with short, Gimli and the Lanky Legolis grimly taking on their quest.  Nadler must put double face tape around his 'waist' to hold those pants up

...thought I read his water should break any day now...........

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Btw Bob, on the column you linked from the other Bob in Mich.

i agree wholeheartedly with the premise, and we can both agree that Joe McCarthy was a bad guy.  We can also agree on the willing participants who went along with the scheme being a massive part of the problem.

Personally, I see the application of this sentiment applying equally and forceful to Russia/Kavanaugh/Ukraine.   By that, I mean those who supported that type of tyrannical governmental corruption by Obama, Biden, Comey, DOJFBICIA Schumer McCain Harris et al are precisely the type of scoundrels he is writing about.  I realize you do not feel the same and this post ain’t about that.

This goes to my point on the moral high ground issue, and why, when someone attempts to assert in support of any of these clowns and schemes, and wants to discuss Trump personally, my response is typically to laugh and say how cute it is that they think their liar is less liarly than the guy I support.  

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I was just busting your balls because of your typo but blaming it on autocorrect is kind of weakshit. 

What's your point?

I was wondering as well, but got distracted by the nice looking lady in the middle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

i agree wholeheartedly with the premise, and we can both agree that Joe McCarthy was a bad guy.  We can also agree on the willing participants who went along with the scheme being a massive part of the problem.

Personally, I see the application of this sentiment applying equally and forceful to Russia/Kavanaugh/Ukraine.   By that, I mean those who supported that type of tyrannical governmental corruption by Obama, Biden, Comey, DOJFBICIA Schumer McCain Harris et al are precisely the type of scoundrels he is writing about.  I realize you do not feel the same and this post ain’t about that.

This goes to my point on the moral high ground issue, and why, when someone attempts to assert in support of any of these clowns and schemes, and wants to discuss Trump personally, my response is typically to laugh and say how cute it is that they think their liar is less liarly than the guy I support.  

I was wondering as well, but got distracted by the nice looking lady in the middle.

LSHEAB is trying to take something totally out of context to prove a point with the posting of that video with "Hot Ainsley" front and center.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I didn’t say it, it was T. L. Skin-erd. The guy is notoriously closed-minded and judgmental. I’ll take a shot at answering though. 

I applaud your consistency on the impeachment issue if, upon reflection, you feel it was the right position.  I was not particularly politically woke during the lead up to the Clinton impeachment, and had a rather heated argument with my father-in-law in defense of Clinton and against the  political shenanigans that lead up to it.  I thought at the time his biggest crime was exposing his throat to his adversaries, but the perjury was a colossal mistake and impeachment-worthy.

It seems T.L.’s last statement was just reflection on the current state of affairs with respect to impeachment, pointing out the obvious:  regardless of which side of the fence you’re on, there were checks, balances and a resolution. Complaining because the desired outcome wasn’t achieved seems, well, contrary to the concept of “checks and balances”.  I’m speculating of course, because not only is the guy closed-minded and judgmental, he’s not a good texter and has not replied to an inquiry on your behalf. 

T.L., mornin.  Slept well I expect.

Upon reflection and time....and, no, actually given what now passes for no prob, the fact that Bill lied, seems like, eh, so who doesn't?  Times have changed on lying for sure.  In 1999 my buddy was a big deal in Human Resources.  It stuck when he opined that the Pres would be fired from any large public company if that behavior with an intern and subsequent lying became public.  He thought any board would replace the guy pronto.  I kept thinking that BillC should be held to higher standards.  Apparently you too thought the perjury too much.  Again though, times have changed that we were aghast at lying..  Seems today if the Pres did it, we likely would not agree as to how 'bad' that was.

33 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Sure, I can see the McCarthy angle from the hyper prosecution angle.  I just don't agree that holding Trump accountable for the Ukraine scheme is hyper.  I realize too that you see it differently.

The lying thing, c'mon Len, Trump can not be trusted to tell the truth every day of every week.  He lies so much more so than (on my honor) than any politician I have ever heard speak.  His only rivals are his staff.  Holy crap that Kelly Ann Conway can spit out 3 lies before any normal person could interrupt or interject.  But I digress.....To say there is any level of equivalence cuz you can find a lie for them is not being sincere, imo. 

Question: Can you tell his lies from his truths when they happen?  If so, what is the tell or the clue?

If Trump were impeached of course Mr Pence is in the wings.  He is possibly worse than Trump on several issues from my perspective.  His 'faith' may guide him and that, if it wasn't fake, would be an improvement but the separation of church and state issues concern me.  This 'overturn the election' seems less outrageous though when you consider it was Trump/Pence and it would become Pence

Edited by Bob in Mich

How Not to Impeach a President

by George Parry

Original Article

With the 51 to 49 vote not to call witnesses, the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump is on track to an acquittal. And so the Trump impeachment saga is coming to an end not with a bang but a whine. “We wuz robbed!” shriek the foot-stomping Democrats as they repeat their poll-tested mantra that the trial was rigged because no witnesses were called to testify. Consequently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has decreed that the president will remain impeached forever, and his presidency and all that flows from it will be deemed unclean and illegitimate. Obviously, this latest failed effort to depose Trump has left the Democrats frustrated, bitterly disappointed

1ff5540e-9626-459f-84d0-50f266f99765.jpe

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

How Not to Impeach a President

by George Parry

Original Article

With the 51 to 49 vote not to call witnesses, the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump is on track to an acquittal. And so the Trump impeachment saga is coming to an end not with a bang but a whine. “We wuz robbed!” shriek the foot-stomping Democrats as they repeat their poll-tested mantra that the trial was rigged because no witnesses were called to testify. Consequently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has decreed that the president will remain impeached forever, and his presidency and all that flows from it will be deemed unclean and illegitimate. Obviously, this latest failed effort to depose Trump has left the Democrats frustrated, bitterly disappointed

1ff5540e-9626-459f-84d0-50f266f99765.jpe

...such a pathetic hack azzclown...."we will not accept the impeachment acquittal of President Trump"........gonna sue Schmuck?.........recommend hiring Avenatti as your lead counsel.......

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Whistle Blower

Question:  I see you like to push to publicize this whistle blower's name.  Do you think doing so could make him or his family a bigger target to some unstable political zealot?

Is that really fair or, do you think he and his family should be attacked for being a whistle blower?  I mean even if you think he is a political operative, which I have not seen proven but if he was, should he be put in increased danger?

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Question:  I see you like to push to publicize this whistle blower's name.  Do you think doing so could make him or his family a bigger target to some unstable political zealot?

Is that really fair or, do you think he and his family should be attacked for being a whistle blower?  I mean even if you think he is a political operative, which I have not seen proven but if he was, should he be be put in danger?

No, I do not.

and he does not meet the actual criteria for the category of whistleblower anyway.

Two former co-workers said they overheard Ciaramella and Misko, close friends and Democrats, discussing how to “take out,” or remove, the new president from office within days of Trump’s inauguration. These co-workers said the president’s controversial Ukraine phone call in July 2019 provided the pretext they and their Democratic allies had been looking for.

“They didn’t like his policies,” another former White House official said. "They had a political vendetta against him from Day One.” 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Is that really fair or, do you think he and his family should be attacked for being a whistle blower?  I mean even if you think he is a political operative, which I have not seen proven but if he was, should he be be put in danger?

not B-Man, however...

Bob, there is considerable question whether he is 'legally' a whistle blower or not. no one should be put in danger but, there deserves to be a fact finding operation to find out the specifics of his motive, his coming forward and who he collaborated with. it is all relevant. he would be in no more danger than other operatives who are being outed for their duplicitous role in the #moderdaywatergate. stop regurgitating the propaganda press talking points, think for yourself, Bob.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Is that really fair or, do you think he and his family should be attacked for being a whistle blower?  I mean even if you think he is a political operative, which I have not seen proven but if he was, should he be put in increased danger?

There goes Bob again, believing the spin pushed by proven liars and manipulators. 

I ask Bob, if he's so concerned about the safety of whistleblowers, why was he silent when Nunes was facing death threats for blowing the whistle on the biggest scandal in IC history? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No, I do not.

and he does not meet the actual criteria for the category of whistleblower anyway.

No greater danger by publicizing it more?  Are you sure?  OK, then why are you doing it?   What is gained by publicizing him/her?

Would you want your name and address exposed even on this board ?  There are enough borderline posters here that I think you would be in some greater danger. 

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

No greater danger by publicizing it more?  Are you sure?  OK, then why are you doing it?   What is gained by publicizing him/her?

Truth is power, Bob. I know you have a hard time understanding that with as much disinformation as you spew -- but truth is power. Sharing that power is beneficial to the community and the world at large. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Would you want your name and address exposed even on this board ?  There are enough borderline posters here that I think you would be in some greater danger. 

Again, if you care so much about protecting whistleblowers, why were you silent when Nunes was being targeted -- Nunes didn't have the media protecting him, they enabled the targeting, and pig piled on. 

Bob, you were silent that whole time. Why? Could it be because you're a blind partisan and not truly interested in protecting whistleblowers unless you're ordered to by your masters? 

Nah. That can't be it... :rolleyes: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

your brian truly is broken. you are attempting to equate B-Man with a public figure.

just stop would you. you are so far out in the weeds that any semblance with logic is completely void. you're hardly recognizable at this point.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

How can someone who is not asserting any direct, first-hand knowledge, all while we actually have transcripts of the conversations the person is purporting to be uncovering, be a whistleblower. Because he filled out a form?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

not B-Man, however...

Bob, there is considerable question whether he is 'legally' a whistle blower or not. no one should be put in danger but, there deserves to be a fact finding operation to find out the specifics of his motive, his coming forward and who he collaborated with. it is all relevant. he would be in no more danger than other operatives who are being outed for their duplicitous role in the #moderdaywatergate. stop regurgitating the propaganda press talking points, think for yourself, Bob.

Stop with the talking points BS.  It is tiring.  I give my own opinions on this board as much as anyone and I do think for myself.  You don't like my thoughts, fine but they are my opinions. 

How come if you say something generally agreed to by your side it is OK  but if the other side does similar, they read it from the talking points?  I recall getting accused of using Elijah Cummings words in a post that I put up about 5 hours before Cummings spoke.  Sometime people can see the same situation and come to the same conclusion independently.

So your whistle blower point is no one should be put in more danger but this guy probably would be (as much as modern day watergate)  and he deserves it.   Yeah, and my reasoning skills are faulty.  sure thing Foxx

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

How can someone who is not asserting any direct, first-hand knowledge, all while we actually have transcripts of the conversations the person is purporting to be uncovering, be a whistleblower. Because he filled out a form?

Sounds a lot like the disinformation trolls on ppp

Stop with the talking points BS.  It is tiring.  I give my own opinions on this board as much as anyone and I do think for myself. 

All evidence to the contrary. You are literally spouting talking points -- and have yet to show you're capable of thinking for yourself when that requires you to read/understand information that runs counter to those very talking points you're here to spew. 

You can prove me wrong though, by answering my question about Nunes and why you were silent about his targeting but so worked up over EC's. Why is that, Bob? Think for yourself before answering... 

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You don't like my thoughts, fine but they are my opinions. 

Thoughts taken right from the MSM spigot... but carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

So your whistle blower point is no one should be put in more danger but this guy probably would be (as much as modern day watergate)  and he deserves it.   Yeah, and my reasoning skills are faulty.  sure thing Foxx

Your reasoning skills ARE faulty because you keep thinking he's a whistleblower when he's not. He's part of the plot against the president. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You may or may not know, that I shy away from the back and forth conversations here on the board.

I am not here to "win" but to offer information that you (and others) probably will not seek out yourself.

You asked politely, so I answered.

I do not believe that Eric Ciamella is any more dangerous position, by having his name out there.

You do.  Though I am not interested in your "what if" proposals.

Carry on with the others if you so desire.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

You may or may not know, that I shy away from the back and forth conversations here on the board.

I am not here to "win" but to offer information that you (and others) probably will not seek out yourself.

I do not believe that Eric Ciamella is any more dangerous position, by having his name out there.

:beer: His name has been known for three months by every right wing group in the country. He's not in danger. If he were, it would have manifested by now. 

But Bob "thinks for himself" so he came to this conclusion that it's dangerous for him all on his own. Never mind that it's been a media talking point for the past two months, it's what Bob came to all on his own! 

Deep thinker, that Bob.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Stop with the talking points BS.  It is tiring.  I give my own opinions on this board as much as anyone and I do think for myself.  You don't like my thoughts, fine but they are my opinions. 

How come if you say something generally agreed to by your side it is OK  but if the other side does similar, they read it from the talking points?  I recall getting accused of using Elijah Cummings words in a post that I put up about 5 hours before Cummings spoke.  Sometime people can see the same situation and come to the same conclusion independently.

Bob, you give what you think are your opinions. and they may be, however in reality, they were implanted there by the propaganda press of the Left. how do i know? you do not, in any way shape or form, display any signs of cognitive ability that you are thinking for yourself.

i understand that it is tough to realize that you are a tool for the Left, NLP is a very real and strong tool in their box that they employ.

you apparently are not tired of having been wrong for three, going on four years now. it's okay though, i do know that banging one's head up against the wall will eventually bleed through and even the thickest skull will realize that it hurts. i am just trying to help you along, Bob. 

by all means, carry on with your delusion.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

your brian truly is broken. you are attempting to equate B-Man with a public figure.

just stop would you. you are so far out in the weeds that any semblance with logic is completely void,.you're hardly recognizable at this point.

I have limited exposure to your posting style but I have noticed a pattern.  You do these broad hand waving dismissals of posts claiming, posters are disingenuous, or dishonest, or an idiot, etc.  Ironically, that is disingenuous of you.  What, specifically is so illogical?  Where?

And, what is with the constant need to insult?  We covered this I thought.   If at a bar a few chairs away, would you keep insulting the conversation partner?  Likely not I suspect.   Why here?  It is not necessary and uncalled for.  I can insult too and surely have but you keep firing opening shots for no good reason that I see.

And the point is NOT public figure or not.  The point is trying to get greater publicity on his identity endangers the guy and family and is unnecessary to do any investigation.  What you have so far are accusations of bad behavior.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Like (+1) 6

And the point is NOT public figure or not.  The point is trying to get greater publicity on his identity endangers the guy and family and is unnecessary to do any investigation. 

What you have so far are accusations of bad behavior.

His name has been known for months -- he's fine. He's central to the investigation as he's the accuser. His role is important to understand, if you care about truth of course. Which you do not. You care about having your beliefs confirmed. 

Bob, why were you silent when Nunes was under death threats? Why didn't you speak out about protecting an actual whistle blower? 

6 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I have limited exposure to your posting style but I have noticed a pattern.  You do these broad hand waving dismissals of posts claiming, posters are disingenuous, or dishonest, or an idiot, etc.  Ironically, that is disingenuous of you.  What, specifically is so illogical?  Where?

And, what is with the constant need to insult?  We covered this I thought.   If at a bar a few chairs away, would you keep insulting the conversation partner?  Likely not I suspect.   Why here?  It is not necessary and uncalled for.  I can insult too and surely have but you keep firing opening shots for no good reason that I see.

And the point is NOT public figure or not.  The point is trying to get greater publicity on his identity endangers the guy and family and is unnecessary to do any investigation.  What you have so far are accusations of bad behavior.

Bob, you can not see that trying to equivocate B-Man with a public figure is apples and oranges, Bob?  you made the equivocation, Bob. perhaps you need to go back and reread your post.

i

l

l

o

g

i

c

a

l

B

o

b. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

T.L., mornin.  Slept well I expect.

Upon reflection and time....and, no, actually given what now passes for no prob, the fact that Bill lied, seems like, eh, so who doesn't?  Times have changed on lying for sure.  In 1999 my buddy was a big deal in Human Resources.  It stuck when he opined that the Pres would be fired from any large public company if that behavior with an intern and subsequent lying became public.  He thought any board would replace the guy pronto.  I kept thinking that BillC should be held to higher standards.  Apparently you too thought the perjury too much.  Again though, times have changed that we were aghast at lying..  Seems today if the Pres did it, we likely would not agree as to how 'bad' that was.

Sure, I can see the McCarthy angle from the hyper prosecution angle.  I just don't agree that holding Trump accountable for the Ukraine scheme is hyper.  I realize too that you see it differently.

The lying thing, c'mon Len, Trump can not be trusted to tell the truth every day of every week.  He lies so much more so than (on my honor) than any politician I have ever heard speak.  His only rivals are his staff.  Holy crap that Kelly Ann Conway can spit out 3 lies before any normal person could interrupt or interject.  But I digress.....To say there is any level of equivalence cuz you can find a lie for them is not being sincere, imo. 

Question: Can you tell his lies from his truths when they happen?  If so, what is the tell or the clue?

If Trump were impeached of course Mr Pence is in the wings.  He is possibly worse than Trump on several issues from my perspective.  His 'faith' may guide him and that, if it wasn't fake, would be an improvement but the separation of church and state issues concern me.  This 'overturn the election' seems less outrageous though when you consider it was Trump/Pence and it would become Pence

Standards have eroded. Check.

Clinton earned his perjury charge. Check. 
I was never “aghast” at lying, I can’t recall a time when I didn’t think it was a normal for a politician to lie, so while I get what you’re trying to say on the higher standard issue, I think it’s a crock just as I think witnesses in thus impeachment will or could lead to some baseline of understanding amongst our political parties. 

I have no special truth-o-meter, but I do have the ability to reason. If you apply Bob’s Deluxe Less-Lie-Spectrometer to politicians, that’s great, but simply know that I think that argument is absurd. Your comments on Trump and Kelly Ann Conway are hyperbolic, but these issues tend to cause emotional declarations to be made, but as I said before...how cute it is you think your guys are less liarly than the people I support. 

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am just trying to understand, if not to bring greater danger to the guy, why try to make sure his identity is exposed?  One can push for all mentioned investigations but in this climate I find it hard to understand that you think he would not be a bigger target.  Recall that guy that mailed those bombs to dozens? 

BTW, I never knew you didn't want replies.  Going forward I can do that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The best part of any Tweet about Eric Ciaramella (the leaker/coconspirator popularly referred to as "the whistleblower") is the histrionic hacks that inevitably accuse the poster of putting his life in danger.

Hypocrisy aside, no one with an IQ above room temperature could actually think that. Anyone who cares enough to pay attention has known his name for months.

The theory must be that one of these crazed, rabid Trump supporters, that we hear so much about but rarely, if ever, see, feels so strongly about this that he'd take the guy out, but hasn't followed the story at all.

It's a pretty stupid theory.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Bob, you can not see that trying to equivocate B-Man with a public figure is apples and oranges, Bob?  you made the equivocation, Bob. perhaps you need to go back and reread your post.

i

l

l

o

g

i

c

a

l

B

o

b. 

Can you comprehend that my comparison was not about public figure vs  private individual? 

The point is exposing an individual's identity on the web exposes that individual to possible retaliation from anyone on the web that may have beef.  Period.

Before your stroke, let me state that I realize that public figures have less expectations of privacy

What is your purpose of ensuring the guy's identity is pushed further into the light, allowing that is not necessary in order to push for any investigation?

• Haha (+1) 1

http://www.floppingaces.net/2019/11/03/schiff-has-made-a-fatal-error/

Adam Schiff has pursued Donald Trump with a religious fervor.  He desperately want Trump out of office and will resort to just about anything to that end. Of late he is conducting secret impeachment proceedings, having failed to produce his mysterious Russian collusion evidence. In his zeal he has made a gigantic error- his “whistleblowers.”

#1- Eric Ciaramella

• registered democrat
  • Contacted Schiff’s office first
  • Had whistleblower forms changed just for him
  • worked for John Brennan
  • worked with Alexandra Chalupa, who sought and obtained 2016 Ukranian election in interference
  • worked for Joe Biden
  • left post at NSC under cloud of leaking
  • authored the “Putin told Trump to fire Comey” story
  • disapproved of Trump foreign policy

#2- Alexander Vindman

• He lied about Trumps’s phone call: “I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’ s support of Ukraine.” Trump made no such demand.
  • Actively worked with Ukraine against Giuliani and Trump
  • He thinks he controls foreign policy

Vindman clearly does not understand government. Foreign policy is what the President wants it to be, not what he or Ciaramella want it to be.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3