The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Uh, since when does the House get to vote on presenting new evidence to the Senate?

since this is the Dems we are talking about here, duh.

seriously, what is to prevent the House Managers from attempting to introduce whatever they want? my guess is an objection would have to be raised whereby either the Senate would vote on the admission or possibly Roberts might rule. if Roberts were to rule, the Senate could simply overrule him if they wanted.

Edited by Foxx

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Uh, since when does the House get to vote on presenting new evidence to the Senate?

They're trying to conflate trial law with the Senate hearings on impeachment. The more they can confuse the issue the more they can get away with. 

10 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

So this is Tiberius in shrill mode.  No more leftist org money and back to bouncing between Walmart and Seven Eleven for a paycheck.  

You should try riding one that has a full seat instead of the post.

You sound re tarded. 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

They're trying to conflate trial law with the Senate hearings on impeachment. The more they can confuse the issue the more they can get away with. 

Eh, they're just transparently setting up a narrative that the Senate majority screwed the country because it wouldn't allow all this fantastic new evidence in, even though the House's evidence was super strong and serious and somber and *****.

• Like (+1) 1

That press conference with Pelosi and her band of misfits was one of the if not the most embarrassing charade I’ve ever seen. Where do these creatures come from?  How could anyone vote for them?  The lack of self awareness is staggering. 

• Like (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

You sound re tarded. 

Your case worker says that you say that about everybody.  She said to remind you that the Q tips are in the personal care aisle at the grocery store and it is covered under your monthly health care allowance.  Ear wax is not your friend especially in very cold weather such as what is coming Friday.  Did you find the blankets?  I didn't think so.  I guess that your hobo buddy is going to have to spoon with you to stay warm.  The Norfolk Southern Tracks nearby run clear down to Virginia so you could ride the rail to warmth in classic hobo style.  Pee over the edge of the boxcar floor into the Genesee River as you cross it and not on the floor.  Bad hygiene you know..................

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Your case worker says that you say that about everybody.  She said to remind you that the Q tips are in the personal care aisle at the grocery store and it is covered under your monthly health care allowance.  Ear wax is not your friend especially in very cold weather such as what is coming Friday.  Did you find the blankets?  I didn't think so.  I guess that your hobo buddy is going to have to spoon with you to stay warm.  The Norfolk Southern Tracks nearby run clear down to Virginia so you could ride the rail to warmth in classic hobo style.  Pee over the edge of the boxcar floor into the Genesee River as you cross it and not on the floor.  Bad hygiene you know..................

No cold coming here. Sorry! I am heading to Squamish and Whistler next month though. 

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the shocker to me is how Turley and Dershowitz, known non-Trump supporters, continually write op-ed pieces supporting him?....what did I miss??...........

Because, unlike other opponents of President Trump, they believe in honesty and justice for all.

acebd6978125e82fd926d0fa970387d632ce621f.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GG said:

PS, why did the House introduce this evidence now and not part of their proceedings?

It’s my impression that a judge ruled on the disclosure of these recently disclosed Parnas materials after the impeachment vote. It was seized when he was arrested and he apparently didn’t have access to it without a court order.  He gave some stuff to Congress earlier, but that doesn’t appear to be this batch.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

<snip>  Pee over the edge of the boxcar floor into the Genesee River as you cross it and not on the floor.  Bad hygiene you know..................

I am not a Genesee drinker but for the sake of Bills fans everywhere this is bad advice.

21 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The obvious response to that is McConnell should recuse himself because he already said he has no intention of being an impartial juror.  It'll be a complete $hitshow just like the Clinton impeachment trial.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The obvious response to that is McConnell should recuse himself because he already said he has no intention of being an impartial juror.  It'll be a complete $hitshow just like the Clinton impeachment trial.

Impeachment never should have been brought up in the House since people RAN on impeaching Trump for #OrangeManBad. Impartial my ass. Or, perhaps the managers who said he was guilty before any “evidence” was presentedshould not have voted? Or, Schiffy should not be a manager in order to dodge being called as a Senate witness?

It is indeed a shitshow. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Does the Senate have the authority to reject House managers?  My assumption would be that they do, thought I haven’t researched yet.

My understanding is that the entire process falls within the Senate’s purview at this point, House managers included.

I think you're right but McConnell said he wanted the process to resemble the impeachment trial for Clinton where all 13 GOP House Managers sent were sworn in.  If anything, it's a good civics lesson for any Americans interested.

Edited by Doc Brown