The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

Prof. Ann Althouse:

I watched the announcement, but all I remember is Nancy Pelosi going on about the Constitution and mentioning Abraham Lincoln, Paul Revere, and "These are the times that try men's souls."

And somebody said that not only would Trump be on trial, but the Senate is on trial. And Nadler, looking disturbingly green, said Trump is on trial and also democracy is on trial.

The frame of what's "on trial" is ever-expanding. What do you think is on trial?

I'll just say it's trying my patience. And my patience pleads not guilty.

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2020/01/live-tv-tedious-excitement-over-naming.html

A show trial is a public trial in which the judicial authorities have already determined the guilt of the defendant. The actual trial has as its only goal the presentation of both the accusation and the verdict to the public so they will serve as both an impressive example and a warning to other would-be dissidents or transgressors.

Show trials tend to be retributive rather than corrective and they are also conducted for propagandistic purposes. The term was first recorded in 1928.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You've been wrong on every post you've made for the past three years. Without once admitting you were wrong. 

Because your brain is broken. 

You don't hang out here because you get your intellectual shortcomings exposed each and every time. 

Because you're not a serious person. You STILL believe the words of people who lied to your face for three + years because you're too cowardly to think for yourself. 

THAT'S why you don't hang out here, asshat.

The most accurately named poster here once again did not address my post because he can't do so. 

Look, I understand that your entire life is being a hero to the stupid in a chat room, so I can't blame you for the way you behave.

1. So, do you think that one of the major players in the Ukraine story (Parnas) should testify in the inquiry as to what happened in this whole story?

2. Do you deny he has been interacting with Rudy in regards to Ukraine on behalf of Trump? 

Rudy has already said he has operated solely as a personal representative for Trump, pro bono, which by the way is illegal because it's a donation violation. I wonder who is paying Rudy for all his trips and expenses. We know he isn't.

2. Why do you think the Republicans don't want witnesses? 

3. If you were accused of a crime you did not commit, wouldn't you want someone who could prove your innocence to testify?  

I await your well thought out answers, but am aware that I'm more likely to get responses that evade the questions and instead bring in the usual side-steps. But why should you act differently when your lapdogs will cheer whatever you write?

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A side wager that Rudy never testifies? I would love to lose that bet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Kemp said:

The most accurately named poster here once again did not address my post because he can't do so. 

It's not addressed because it's a nonsense point / piece of evidence. One any rational person, not one afflicted with acute TDS can see immediately. 

Raise a serious point, with an honest desire to discuss it, and you'll get me conversing all day long. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Look, I understand that your entire life is being a hero to the stupid in a chat room, so I can't blame you for the way you behave.

You tried to doxx me -- because I was discussing now proven facts with you. 

That's why I'm hostile to you. And you deserve every bit of it. Because you tried to doxx me by pointing out my own Twitter page as evidence (which only proved your own ignorance) :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

1. So, do you think that one of the major players in the Ukraine story (Parnas) should testify in the inquiry as to what happened in this whole story?

If he was major, the House should have subpoenaed him. That's their job, not the Senate. 

You're literally here spinning the same nonsense for proven liars and manipulators who lied to your face for three years about Trump/Russia. Instead of questioning these people's motives, you blindly believe the very next lie they throw your way. 

Why?

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

2. Do you deny he has been interacting with Rudy in regards to Ukraine on behalf of Trump? 

Rudy has already said he has operated solely as a personal representative for Trump, pro bono, which by the way is illegal because it's a donation violation. I wonder who is paying Rudy for all his trips and expenses. We know he isn't.

I don't deny anything of the sort. I deny the illegality of it. 

There is no crime here. None. 

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

2. Why do you think the Republicans don't want witnesses? 

Because there is nothing to this impeachment sham. Not a single crime. Nothing but politics. 

And the House ***** up. It's not the Senate's job to re-do the House's work. 

Things you'd know if you weren't suffering from extreme TDS mixed with weapons grade stupidity. 

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

3. If you were accused of a crime you did not commit, wouldn't you want someone who could prove your innocence to testify?  

This is nonsense. 

Hot garbage. A terrible take. 

We have the presumption of innocence in this country. And the House did not prove anything close to guilt. They didn't even accuse Trump of a crime. 

You're being lied to. Again. And you're too stupid to question it because you'd rather keep believing the words of people who lied to you your whole life. Not just about Trump/Russia, but about illegal spying, about WMD in Iraq... 

All you're doing is proving how completely addled your brain actually is. 

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I await your well thought out answers, but am aware that I'm more likely to get responses that evade the questions and instead bring in the usual side-steps. But why should you act differently when your lapdogs will cheer whatever you write?

All answered. 

Now your turn: Why do you believe Adam Schiff or the media when they are proven liars about Trump/Russia? 

36 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I'm not asking whether you think this is impeachable, but which of these statements do you think is false:

1) Trump withheld aid to influence Zelensky to investigate at least one of the Bidens.

2) Trump withheld a personal meeting until Zelensky announced that he would investigate at least one of the Bidens. 

both are patently false.

there was a deadline for the aid to be released. it was released before said deadline and anything said and/or done in the interim is a non-starter. the President is the last arbiter of our justice system. if he thought there was potential criminal actions with regard to past actions on behalf of certain people, it is well within his purview to investigate it. period. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

both are patently false.

there was a deadline for the aid to be released. it was released before said deadline and anything said and/or done in the interim is a non-starter. the President is the last arbiter of our justice system. if he thought there was potential criminal actions with regard to past actions on behalf of certain people, it is well within his purview to investigate it. period. 

Forgive him. He's still laboring under the talking points from before the holiday. 

He hasn't checked his ShareBlue account lately.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

both are patently false.

You can't even answer the question. I didn't think you'd be honest enough to do it, but I tried. 

34 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Parnas testifying about things he said and did would be hearsay? 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you're not a lawyer.

lol. so.. you are saying that Parnas had direct conversations with Trump?

@DC Tom isn't around, so i'll do the honors here.... you're an idiot.

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You can't even answer the question. I didn't think you'd be honest enough to do it, but I tried. 

okay... you're an idiot too. reading comprehension helps greatly.

"both are patently false."

IDIOT! your brian is truly broken.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Your reasoning has nothing to do with the statements.

He withheld the aid AND the meeting to get Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. 

again, reading comprehension is your friend.

let me break it down for you, my stated reasoning was thus:

whatever happened before the aid was released, is immaterial. there was a deadline and it was released prior. period, end, finito.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Spit take!

Bulls-eye?

The Dems milked the Russia collusion hoax, Stormy Daniels and Mueller report for all they could, knowing they were baseless.

The same applies to their impeachment charade. All done solely to stir up further hatred towards Trump and diminish his accomplishments.

No doubt they're working on the next faux outrage accusation against Trump once this impeachment is exposed as total fraud.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 6