The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

On 12/13/2019 at 7:46 AM, 4merper4mer said:

With all the BS that has been flowing for years, I'm thinking the Dems have some new fake crap that they plan on dropping in the midst of the Senate trial.  

It wouldn't matter.

At this point they could have video of him in blackface at a white supremacist rally trading nukes to Kim Jong Un for underage sex slaves and no one without their pronouns in their profile would even tune in.

Nobody believes there's a wolf anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Koko78 said:

They really can't stop fantasizing about getting Trump, can they?

Maybe the Electoral College will show up and change their votes too!

to my way of thinking, there is at least some validity to this line of thinking. when you consider that Trump is a threat to the entire establishment and not just the Dems, it just makes sense.

...uh oh...Nancy has the "Arkancide Defector Elimination Squad" on speed dial.....

Anti-impeachment Democrat Jeff Van Drew meets with Trump to discuss party switch

By Adam Shaw, Mark Meredith | Fox News

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., met with President Trump on Friday to discuss going across party lines and joining the Republican Party -- this after he has spent months criticizing fellow Democrats for their push to impeach Trump.

A source confirmed to Fox News on Saturday that Van Drew met with Trump to discuss switching parties.

Another source told Fox News that Van Drew may be seeking a Rose Garden ceremony if he were to switch. Van Drew is one of two Democrats who opposed the resolution codifying the impeachment probe. In addition, Van Drew indicated last week he would not support impeachment and thought impeachment would backfire on Democrats.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, a Democrat, called the party switch "cynical and desperate."

"Jeff Van Drew has chosen his political career over our Constitution," Murphy said in a statement Friday night. "Despite knowing full well that the president has abused the powers of his office, Congressman Van Drew is now willing to enable Donald Trump just to try to salvage his own election."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-van-drew-donald-trump-party-switch

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

to my way of thinking, there is at least some validity to this line of thinking. when you consider that Trump is a threat to the entire establishment and not just the Dems, it just makes sense.

The fallout for sandbagging Trump, in light of the FBI/DOJ crusade to take him out, in light of the sham impeachment debate that appears to be unable even to carry the entire opposition party, coupled with the Horowitz report and Barr/Durham comments from last week make this seem extremely unlikely.  Like...civil unrest and full-on rebellion unlikely.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The fallout for sandbagging Trump, in light of the FBI/DOJ crusade to take him out, in light of the sham impeachment debate that appears to be unable even to carry the entire opposition party, coupled with the Horowitz report and Barr/Durham comments from last week make this seem extremely unlikely.  Like...civil unrest and full-on rebellion unlikely.  

oh, i agree that it is unlikely... in a sane world. i'm just not sure we reside there. when one half of an entity is delusional to the extent that it borders upon insanity, i don't think it too far fetched to think that portions of the other side of that same entity does not suffer from some form of the same dementia.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If it ends up in the Senate (I am still not certain the House has the votes) I would not be shocked to see her, and Joe Manchin (who I have been saying for years that I have no idea why he is still a Democrat), vote against impeachment.

Anyone think anyone else might be a "no" vote on the D side in the Senate?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If it ends up in the Senate (I am still not certain the House has the votes) I would not be shocked to see her, and Joe Manchin (who I have been saying for years that I have no idea why he is still a Democrat), vote against impeachment.

Anyone think anyone else might be a "no" vote on the D side in the Senate?

Doug Jones from Alabama.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1